Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Kendrick Lamar watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookBird)
    Shame he lost to Swift for Album of the Year... I suppose some people just can't handle being woke.
    Seriously? Hahahahahaha. Well, the Grammys are a ****ing joke so y'know.

ReputationRep:
    People seem to ignore the truth.. Kendrick talks about the past, the struggles, real life stories.. What does Taylor do? Talk about how she f'd the wrong person. Oh god .. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KungPooPanda)
    lyric for lyric - since thats how i tend to judge musical talent in rappers... no, he's definitely not the best rapper of our generation

the overall performance was definitely very good, he's a good performer in general, but that doesn't change that his LYRICAL CONTENT really is not all that
    Lyric for lyric? Have you ever listen to Kendrick? Go and search his lyrics, and you'll see why his lyrics ARE ALL THAT!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think it's between Kendrick, Kanye ( although he's arrogant as you can't deny the guy is a great rapper!), J Cole, of course Papi Drake and IDC IDC Jay Z! All the other rappers are great but these 5 are the ones for me personally! Their raps are meaningful and are not just about popping bottles and fécking a biitch or some other ish :innocent::innocent:

PS: I still don't understand how Swift won the freaking Album Of The Year like how please Tori Kelly's face was hilarious though, that was my face when I read that Swift won tbh.

ReputationRep:
    lyric for lyric - since thats how i tend to judge musical talent in rappers... no, he's definitely not the best rapper of our generation

the overall performance was definitely very good, he's a good performer in general, but that doesn't change that his LYRICAL CONTENT really is not all that
    you're judging it wrong then. you're also pretty damn wrong on his lyrical content too, he's one of the most visionary rappers in the game.

ReputationRep:
    Never said i dont like him, and maybe its down to personal taste, but simply put, kendrick hasnt released anything yet that i would say is better than Reasonable Doubt

ReputationRep:
    Never said i dont like him, and maybe its down to personal taste, but simply put, kendrick hasnt released anything yet that i would say is better than Reasonable Doubt
    Uhm.. his new album Pimp the Butterfly is amazing (won best rap album). He was nominated 11 times for a Grammy. It says something abut him right... !!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starmock99)
    Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper of our generation? His songs are so meaningful and seem to come out of his heart.. PLUS HIS PERFORMANCE ON THE GRAMMYS YESTERDAY WAS LIT!!!! I feel like him and J Cole are on different levels..!
    He's definitely the best rapper in our time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taefella)
    Personally I think it's between Kendrick, Kanye ( although he's arrogant as you can't deny the guy is a great rapper!), J Cole, of course Papi Drake and IDC IDC Jay Z! All the other rappers are great but these 5 are the ones for me personally! Their raps are meaningful and are not just about popping bottles and fécking a biitch or some other ish :innocent::innocent:

PS: I still don't understand how Swift won the freaking Album Of The Year like how please Tori Kelly's face was hilarious though, that was my face when I read that Swift won tbh.
    Oh yeah Tori looked so angry
    Idk about Kanye, I mean some of his songs are amazing, and his new album is great.. but I just hate how he's so self centered. And tbh most of his songs are about him achieving KIM. And talking about how rich he is !!!

ReputationRep:
    Uhm.. his new album Pimp the Butterfly is amazing (won best rap album). He was nominated 11 times for a Grammy. It says something abut him right... !!!?
    Yeh its a great album, but the question that was asked was, is he the best rapper of our generation?

And as ive said, until now - i haven't heard anything from him that surpasses Reasonable Doubt, the younger, hungrier and far less commercial Jay Z would give kendrick a run for his money and i personally have zero doubt about that

Like i said, personal opinion, but its normally the album that i mention to people when they say kendrick is the bestest ever omg omg, i ask them if they have heard anything from him that was better than Reasonable Doubt, and frankly, most of the people i have asked, especially the people already in their 20's around my age have normally said no

ReputationRep:
    Idk about Kanye, I mean some of his songs are amazing, and his new album is great.. but I just hate how he's so self centered. And tbh most of his songs are about him achieving KIM. And talking about how rich he is !!!
    True!! The old Kanye was much better tbh but he's still good, he just needs to be more humble The death of his mama and marrying Kim is making him think that he is everything and he's forever too outspoken like the man has no filter! Everyone kind of dislikes the new Kanye

ReputationRep:
    Did you listen to meeks diss track? It's called War pain. It came out 10 mins after Summer Sixteen was released....! The song War pain had things about Summer Sixteen.. which means that Meek proved that Drake has a ghost writer
    That isn't proof. Even if it's true that drake has ghost writer I couldn't care less, his ghost writer is very very good. Also that song was terrible, he talks about watching the sixers? Really?

(Original post by lola12340987)
    i bet your top 3 rappers are drake, macklemore and iggy azalea !! i bet you think you know hip hop because you listen to RAP!! people like you shouldn't contribute to this debate so take your mainstream, chart-topping, trash views from this thread please

and to everyone who thinks drake and kendrick can even be considered on the same level, please don't comment!!
    I'd take that bet because you're wrong and I'm not sure why you'd think that. I've also never claimed to be an expert on anything, Drake's songs are simply better than Kendrick Lamar.

You remind me of those football fans who have those indie opinions just because they think it makes them seem more knowledgable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing love a bit of J.Cole, i love listening to him when im travelling and commuting haha

we also have the same birthday

ReputationRep:
    Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper of our generation? His songs are so meaningful and seem to come out of his heart.. PLUS HIS PERFORMANCE ON THE GRAMMYS YESTERDAY WAS LIT!!!! I feel like him and J Cole are on different levels..!
    K Dot might be the greatest rapper of our generation, because he wrote an album about the plight and hardship black people face, and totally unexpectedly white people love it and are going crazy for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No they're not.

You sound like you've only listened to 2 of his songs ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    That isn't proof. Even if it's true that drake has ghost writer I couldn't care less, his ghost writer is very very good. Also that song was terrible, he talks about watching the sixers? Really?

I'd take that bet because you're wrong and I'm not sure why you'd think that. I've also never claimed to be an expert on anything, Drake's songs are simply better than Kendrick Lamar.

You remind me of those football fans who have those indie opinions just because they think it makes them seem more knowledgable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol at the people comparing Drizzy to Jigga to K Dot to Yeezy. You're doing it completely wrong.

None of those rappers are better than the other because they all have very different distinct styles and offer a completely different feeling to their music - e.g. K Dot is a conscious rapper, but I would never expect conscious rap from Drake - so trying to rank them or whatever is an ignorant exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola12340987)
    i bet your top 3 rappers are drake, macklemore and iggy azalea !! i bet you think you know hip hop because you listen to RAP!! people like you shouldn't contribute to this debate so take your mainstream, chart-topping, trash views from this thread please

and to everyone who thinks drake and kendrick can even be considered on the same level, please don't comment!!
    Are you stupid dawg?

Drake is better than kendrick, anyone can reflect on at least one of drakes songs

The guy is a genius, if you disagree than you just haven't found your drake song

Nas is the G.O.A.T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satanas)
    Lol at the people comparing Drizzy to Jigga to K Dot to Yeezy. You're doing it completely wrong.

None of those rappers are better than the other because they all have very different distinct styles and offer a completely different feeling to their music - e.g. K Dot is a conscious rapper, but I would never expect conscious rap from Drake - so trying to rank them or whatever is an ignorant exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can still rank people who have different styles. I can say Jay Z is better than McFly despite them being very different in styles

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.