Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I welcome such a declaration.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    They hold territory, they have made attacks on british people, the government should make a formal declaration of war.
    A declaration of war is a largely obsolete LEGAL object between two states, we can shift this debate as to whether ISIS and their territories should be regarded as a sovereign state or not if you wish, but I do not believe they can be defined as such just yet, which would make a declaration of war impossible to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nay.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    I welcome such a declaration.
    Says the one with a IS looking flag as a avatar

ReputationRep:
    We need to wipe them out once and for all. AYE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    We need to wipe them out once and for all. AYE
    You won't ever be able to wipe them out. They will just run into the mountains and desert like Al-Qaeda did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    You won't ever be able to wipe them out. They will just run into the mountains and desert like Al-Qaeda did.
    Well we can try. They want to kill us, they want to wipe out all non ISIS supporters!

ReputationRep:
    Nay, we're already effectively at war anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Well we can try. They want to kill us, they want to wipe out all non ISIS supporters!
    They can't kill us, what they want is to establish a caliphate in Iraq, Syria and other Middle Eastern countries.

The only reason they 'attack us' is because they want everyone to be aware of ISIS so that the media spreads their potential and manipulates it through the press so that more Muslims join them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Al-Qaeda is still a major threat to us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Al-Qaeda is still a major threat to us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, given the events of January 2015 with the Charlie Hebdo shooting and the events that followed.

No matter how small a terrorist group becomes in the Middle East, they will always be able to do these MTWF attacks (marauding terrorist with firearms).

ISIS particularly so, because they can manipulate foreign nationals into committing attacks in their name.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Russians already did that for us...

And I hate to reuse this, but I think that it's appropriate:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Warsmith)
    I thought the Russians already did that for us...

And I hate to reuse this, but I think that it's appropriate:
    PROSM

Just going to go nick that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They can't kill us, what they want is to establish a caliphate in Iraq, Syria and other Middle Eastern countries.

The only reason they 'attack us' is because they want everyone to be aware of ISIS so that the media spreads their potential and manipulates it through the press so that more Muslims join them.
    Lets look at the Paris attack. Can they kill us? Yes they can
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The Government will be making a statement on Daesh within the next few days.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    The Government will be making a statement on Daesh within the next few days.
    Is it going to be another statement from the wrong department with Aph declaring we shall seek an alliance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Is it going to be another statement from the wrong department with Aph declaring we shall seek an alliance?
    The statement will be made by the FCO.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    The statement will be made by the FCO.
    Proposing military action then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nobody solves violence with violence. Yet, because primitive instincts prevail, it seems to be the only "solution".
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Nobody solves violence with violence. Yet, because primitive instincts prevail, it seems to be the only "solution".
    Hmmm, tends to work quite well for the police, for the military, for those who know self defence, bouncers, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.