Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you saw a woman hitting a man? Watch

• View Poll Results: What would you do if you saw a woman hitting a man?
    I am male: Cheer her on
    4.88%
    I am male: Nothing
    15.85%
    I am male: Intervene
    26.83%
    I am male: Call the police
    7.32%
    I am female: Cheer her on
    0%
    I am female: Nothing
    13.41%
    I am female: Intervene
    13.41%
    I am female: Call the police
    3.66%
    I am another gender and I think you are a bigot for not giving options for my gender
    3.66%
    Other (I just want to see the results)
    10.98%

ReputationRep:
    Call the police first and try to intervene. Doesn't matter what's the reasoning behind but violence is an idiot's solution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    Unless she has a good reason to be hitting him, I'd stop it
    What exaclty would count as good reason to initiate violence? Of course self-defense is another deal but this thread was about women abusing men.

ReputationRep:
    Unless she has a good reason to be hitting him, I'd stop it
    (Original post by djpatch)
    I'd intervene. I think men deserve not to get abused in the same sense women deserve not to.
    (Original post by arfah)
    Would intervene and try and stop the woman. But I'd call the police if she looked stronger than the guy/if she seemed mental or dangerous.

(Original post by maryamzahid)
    if i knew the person then i would intervene, but if not i would call the police. its a two way thing
    happened to me recently on a bus. did nothing. I dont wana get hit. the two were clearly a crazy pair who were volatile..and I stuck opposite them.

In reality its one of these things yeh just leave especially when its a girl hitting. no one in the bus did anything either

ReputationRep:
    Hit on her.

ReputationRep:
    Lol your options are funny man
    ' other gender and I think you're a bigot'
    'Cheer him on'
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    Id intervene. Regardless of sex, its wrong to hurt another human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilia1320)
    What exaclty would count as good reason to initiate violence? Of course self-defense is another deal but this thread was about women abusing men.
    If they were a couple she'd just found out he'd been banging her sister or beating their kids or something like that, I'd say he had it coming tbh

ReputationRep:
    Falcon punch her with force of 1000 suns exploding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the saddest part about this poll is how, at the time of me posting this, more women have said they don't/won't intervene with such a negative event in public. It's relatively saddenning because I am firnly against the use of violence anywhere and believe action should be taken to stop it, especially domestic violence. If a man hit a woman, I'm sure everyone would intervene and a few bystanders may call the police... But females hitting males is still a concern hidden under a blanket. Many people don't recognise it as a real issue, and it should be tackled at face value - regardless of gender...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    if it unlikely, it is also unlikely for me to worry what I would do !!
    Seeing the opposite is also rather unlikely. What would you do if a man was attacking a woman in public?

ReputationRep:
    If they were a couple she'd just found out he'd been banging her sister or beating their kids or something like that, I'd say he had it coming tbh
    What if he found out she'd been banging his brother or beating their kids?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    But perhaps her anger was justified?

But don't you think, even if it were abuse, the woman does less damage than a man would?
    If a man attacks a woman, it's the man's fault, if a woman attacks a man, it's the man's fault too. Seems fair.

Untrue really, you can get weakling males (like me) and rather strong females and anyone can be trained to do damage in close combat. Depends on the individuals.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I think I'd like to help, I'd probably run away - I don't like seeing people fight.

ReputationRep:
    depends. if the women is obviously battering the man or if the man is clearly showing signs of pain then sure. in an opposite scenario ill probably help the woman no matter what,but thats because of the way the patriarchy has wired me

yes the patriarchy both benefits and works against men

down with the patriarchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    depends. if the women is obviously battering the man or if the man is clearly showing signs of pain then sure. in an opposite scenario ill probably help the woman no matter what,but thats because of the way the patriarchy has wired me

yes the patriarchy both benefits and works against men

down with the patriarchy
    The idea of patriarchy is male created and upheld by feminists, more so, in modern times. As we further our progress into a more equal society, certain kinds of feminism fight harder to try and enforce the idea of patriarchy, despite the fact that patriarchal societies are slowly dissolving as men and women are brought onto a more equal playing field. Ideally, patriarchy should not come into play in the issue of domestic violence. All domestic violence should be intervened with and prevented instead of it being conditional for one sex and unconditional for the other. That promotes inequality, and I seemed to think feminism was about gender equality :/

ReputationRep:
    female on male violence is a taboo subject. it is estimated that at least 40% of domestic violence is ladies attacking gentlemen ?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...estic-violence

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd honestly wouldn't do anything unless it gets really bad then I'll defo call the police,
    but then again, a man is a lot stronger than a women, so he should be able to defend himself [NOT HIT HER BACK] but restrain her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    Well I'd honestly wouldn't do anything unless it gets really bad then I'll defo call the police,
    but then again, a man is a lot stronger than a women, so he should be able to defend himself and stop her!
    And get arrested as a result.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    And get arrested as a result.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I meant to say restrain not defend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    Well I meant to say restrain not defend!
    Restrain is defend. It is well documented that men are regularly arrested for defending themselves from women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.