(Original post by Daniel9998)
    Blue Eyes White Dragon
    You are thinking of the wrong one dude. :ahee:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Exodia is the best Pokemon obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ante Bellum)
    I've a level 58 Kadabra at the moment... but I can't evolve him because I need to trade
    my strongest pokemon is *usually* kadabra - on my last save file just from looking at it now I can see that my party is:
    1) lapras level 53 (strongest water pokemon)
    2) dragonair level 39 (levelling it up)
    3) chansey level 55
    4) arcanine level 55 (strongest fire pokemon)
    5) kadabra level 45 (I think this time I neglected him because I wanted to have a new strongest pokemon)
    6) mew level 65 (I usually don't even use mew but apparently I used him last time - probably because the game is *so* easy with him based on his moves and stats)

ever use dugtrio? it also (early on) basically makes the game your ***** because you can catch one at level 30 before the electric gym leader and from there on you can own most pokemon with it until the end when he kinda becomes less useful. my starter pokemon this time on my file was also venasaur and nobody likes him - I love him! the 3 starters fully evolved are probably all as good as each other regarding their usefulness

ReputationRep:
    This guy always had a special place in my heart after Pokemon Pearl :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    Tell me about. I can still remember the hassle I had to go through to weaken Rayquaza so that it only had 1 HP. Then I would throw my Ultra balls and nervously wait whilst the Ultra ball rocks from side to side, hoping that Raquaza wouldn't burst out again. :ahee:
    1hp and paralysed -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I know :c
    Its speed is pretty decent, but ideally you want to evolve it ASAP for Scizors defence and still fairly high speed.
    Wouldn't have it in my main party though.

Usefulness wise I'd probably say Metagross or Salamence, I love those guys.
    IT's not even the stats really but more that Scyther's original typing of bug/flying is one of the worst in the game, yet bug/steel is one of the best! Only being weak to fire is so awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Vulpix for cuteness
    Tyrannitar for the satisfaction & stats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    IT's not even the stats really but more that Scyther's original typing of bug/flying is one of the worst in the game, yet bug/steel is one of the best! Only being weak to fire is so awesome.
    But it is a 4 times weakness, so one unexpected attack could totally rekk you. Plus bug type moves are pretty horrendous which only really leaves you with steel types, which are mostly mediocre, with a couple good ones.

ReputationRep:
    But it is a 4 times weakness, so one unexpected attack could totally rekk you. Plus bug type moves are pretty horrendous which only really leaves you with steel types, which are mostly mediocre, with a couple good ones.
    Bug and steel both got huge offensive buffs in the latest gens though. Early on scizor wasn't so good. These days he's a damn beast. Sure the 4x weakness sucks, but I'd way prefer a single 4x weakness than three 2x weaknesses. Fire moves are quite rare too. Usually just ends up being a HP fire in competitive play and that usually doesn't kill in 1 because it is so weak.

ReputationRep:
    Bug and steel both got huge offensive buffs in the latest gens though. Early on scizor wasn't so good. These days he's a damn beast. Sure the 4x weakness sucks, but I'd way prefer a single 4x weakness than three 2x weaknesses. Fire moves are quite rare too. Usually just ends up being a HP fire in competitive play and that usually doesn't kill in 1 because it is so weak.
    I must admit, the last game I played seriously was Soul Silver, only did the story of Black. Didn't really trade or battle anyone after the story so I'm not too familiar about the current state of the types.

ReputationRep:
    I must admit, the last game I played seriously was Soul Silver, only did the story of Black. Didn't really trade or battle anyone after the story so I'm not too familiar about the current state of the types.
    Well steel are on of the two types now that are super effective against the very powerful fairy types - along with poison. So it really has made steel quite a lot more useful offensively!

ReputationRep:
    Well steel are on of the two types now that are super effective against the very powerful fairy types - along with poison. So it really has made steel quite a lot more useful offensively!
    Poison is a useful type now?! That's good to hear about Steel then, if I pick up the Ruby remake I might consider using Lucario again.
    Fairy was to balance Dragon right? Can't say I'm a fan of fairies beating dragons, but Dragon did need a weakness other then themselves and Ice.

ReputationRep:
    When you only have four moveslots, a couple of good ones is all you need! Scizor has been a dominant pokemon in competitive play since 4th gen when it received Technician, which turned it into an absolute menace with Bullet Punch, and has only gotten better since Fairy was introduced. Paired with U-Turn for keeping up Momentum, Superpower for type coverage and the relative predictability of which pokemon will be using Fire moves, Scizor's pros definitely outweighs its cons :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Poison is a useful type now?! That's good to hear about Steel then, if I pick up the Ruby remake I might consider using Lucario again.
    Fairy was to balance Dragon right? Can't say I'm a fan of fairies beating dragons, but Dragon did need a weakness other then themselves and Ice.
    Yeah! At first I felt really iffy about them introducing a new type, especially one that would be so damn powerful. Fairy is supereffective vs dark, fighting and dragon and is only weak to poison/steel - it is resisted by fire/steel/poison and somewhat randomly and unfairly resists bug on top of dark/fighting and being IMMUNE entirely to dragon attacks.

But it does all make sense. Dragon types were running really rampant, and they still are stupidly strong, just at least there is one check to them now in fairies... Ice types have never been great. I wish they'd have buffed them more :L Only having one resistance (itself - ice) really sucks when you're weak to something as common as fighting and rock, as well as steel and fire too...

But yeah, I really like fairies now. Using them to balance dragons while also getting a nice opportunity to buff steel/poison offensively was a pretty sweet idea. Azumarill is now insanely good too since its hidden ability (all pokémon now have at least two different abilities, some three) is huge power which literally doubles its attack and the combination of fairy/water can hit anything neutrally.

You might want to try out Mawile too as that thing is way better now as it gets huge power as well and is steel/fairy, which as a type is amazing since steel resists steel and and steel is immune to poison, thus the fairy side gets no weaknesses. It also removes the weakness steel has to fighting attacks.

The ORAS games look beautiful and have some nice new touches. Hoenn was my favourite region so I enjoyed them although they were a bit too easy. I can only nuzlocke it or it isn't fun :L But I definitely recommend them!

Name:  1455749858067.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  40.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    All this talk about trying to catch rayquaza when this guy had an even lower catch rate and was roaming too.Name:  Azelf.png
Views: 337
Size:  28.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    It's actually quite funny to the that this topic should come up... I recently found my Pokemon Pearl, and have been grinding on that for some 50 hours in the last 6 days, or so.

My favourite... A toughie. I have my level 83 Torterra which is the only pokemon I own and use on pearl... But he's so slow.

How about Darkrai? I mean... Rapid af, high special attacker, and when its move set is Dark Void, Nightmare, Dark Pulse and Shadow Claw, fully trained EVs and IVs, the right nature and paired with its ability... This guy is a tank. Speaking of which, I glitched my pearl using the Tweaking method and tried embarking on a 2 hour long journey to New Moon island. I failed. Had to find my way to Shaymim, sad times.

To wrap this essay up, are you lot aware of the recent shutting-down of Nintendo Wifi service for the DS, Wii, DSi, and DS lite? Meaning our humble GTS and Mystery gifts on our pokemon games are nulled and useless... I cry :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spico)
    All this talk about trying to catch rayquaza when this guy had an even lower catch rate and was roaming too.Name:  Azelf.png
Views: 337
Size:  28.2 KB
    Oh my... You accused Azelf. It's Mesprit which roams, similarly to Cresselia; the pink one. I am currently hunting it down.

ReputationRep:
    Umbreon of course!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    Blue Eyes White Dragon
    Wrong anime bruh :p:E

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.