x Turn on thread page Beta

S11 - Statement on the Acinetobacter Baumannii crisis watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    well the crisis says it is a male
    But the crisis doesn't give them a name?

ReputationRep:
    Speaking about words which sound funny in another language, I've always found the Vietnamese currency rather hilarious.

“I have one million dong.” :teehee:

(The fact that it's so hyper-inflated only adds insult to injury.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    But the crisis doesn't give them a name?
    Adam did a random generator for the name, and tbm agreed on it so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Slightly older news, but both Ebola nurses were taken to the Royal Free

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, that is likely while it passed me by when you mentioned it, I mentioned the nurses as well when defending my statement in the subforum, if you would like I can ask Ray to edit in a joint statement, asking them to be taken to the Royal Free instead, if the House agrees this is the best course of action, joint statement of course as it was your suggestion.

I am interested in That Bearded Man's view as a, training(?), doctor on which is more suitable, not in his position on the CC, if he feels that is possible in this situation
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Speaking about words which sound funny in another language, I've always found the Vietnamese currency rather hilarious.

Do you find it hilarious because it's £30?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Adam did a random generator for the name, and tbm agreed on it so
    I guess its not completely unheard of for that to be a boy's name...

ReputationRep:

(The fact that it's so hyper-inflated only adds insult to injury.)
    Especially if you imagine it in a native person's Chinese/ Vietnamese accent
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Consider PPP though and it isn't as bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Consider PPP though and it isn't as bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair point. PPP is what really matters to be honest. Big Mac Index ftw.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's the thing that should be between your legs unless you forgot to tell us something important.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    No, it's the thing that should be between your legs unless you forgot to tell us something important.

ReputationRep:
    When dis the government set up Pubic Health England? This doesn't sound like their area of expertise tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wellzi)
    When dis the government set up Pubic Health England? This doesn't sound like their area of expertise tbh.
    It was specified in the crisis, I'd suggest having a read of the final paragraph of it, I'm afraid I can't better reply right now, unlike George Brown, Labour Minister 1964-1968 and also Labour Deputy Leader at the same time, I do not work better when drinking

ReputationRep:
    That's one heck of a name...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    That's one heck of a name...
    I had never heard of it till the crisis was posted

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that is likely while it passed me by when you mentioned it, I mentioned the nurses as well when defending my statement in the subforum, if you would like I can ask Ray to edit in a joint statement, asking them to be taken to the Royal Free instead, if the House agrees this is the best course of action, joint statement of course as it was your suggestion.

I am interested in That Bearded Man's view as a, training(?), doctor on which is more suitable, not in his position on the CC, if he feels that is possible in this situation
    Royal Free is plausible, I have no issue with choosing Royal Free instead of London. I honestly don't know which is the hub, so give credit to JD if that's the case, the choice of moving him or staying in Belfast remains.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Royal Free is plausible, I have no issue with choosing Royal Free instead of London. I honestly don't know which is the hub, so give credit to JD if that's the case, the choice of moving him or staying in Belfast remains.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In this case if Jammy is sure about Royal Free over London I am willing to change this, and willing to credit Jammy Duel, although I would like to discuss this briefly first if that is okay with the House
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Royal Free is in London, Hampstead to be precise, and is the only place in the UK to have a high level isolation unit that is equipped to treat highly infectious diseases such as ebola and other diseases that in terms of research and the likes require Bio-safety level 4 facilities, although I imagine hospitals work on a slightly different rating, particularly given practicality given that at the higher ends of the rating you're looking at isolated buildings and the likes, hence why cases of things such as ebola and Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever are treated there and I assume are always transferred there if it is safe and practical to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Royal Free is in London, Hampstead to be precise, and is the only place in the UK to have a high level isolation unit that is equipped to treat highly infectious diseases such as ebola and other diseases that in terms of research and the likes require Bio-safety level 4 facilities, although I imagine hospitals work on a slightly different rating, particularly given practicality given that at the higher ends of the rating you're looking at isolated buildings and the likes, hence why cases of things such as ebola and Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever are treated there and I assume are always transferred there if it is safe and practical to do so.
    Well, yes, this is the debatable part of this - I want to know, amongst other things, whether AB is considered serious enough to justify transfer there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the morning once the drink was worn off I'll take the House's view on this issue between the two and see what I shall do, I hope you are okay with this course of action Jammy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.