Turn on thread page Beta

Let's all eat fish it's much more good... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    Eating fish is MUCH worse for our planet, thanks to the factortame case, we've lost control over our waters, but overfishing is a serious problem. Everything is linked, and we are killing off our fish, how will that be good for our planet?
    It's much better for our planet than meat or dairy industries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auroraborealice)
    I was a vegetarian for years but have recently started eating fish in an effort to gain weight/get healthier, so yay for fish
    Yes fish are a great source of protein and nutrients...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Yuppppp I'm serious

Although I've been vegetarian for 3 years now(I think...), so I wanted to try something different. (Also I heard leaving dairy out of your diet can really help with fatigue...and I'm SO TIRED all the time!)

I also made the most delicious butternut squash and chickpea soup thing for lunch XD

I want to stick to mostly plant based food for now, I probably soon will be wanting vegan ice cream or vegan chocolate lol

That soup sounds tasty. :drool:

And you're absolutely right about dairy it's been linked to chronic fatigue over a vast number of studies. A lot of people are alergic to casein in dairy and they don't even know it but they consume large amounts of the substance without knowing it.

Once you taste vegan chocolate cake there is no going back.

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to seafood...

Besides, there's nothing wrong with eating meat. It's natural. By most vegans' logic, all carnivorous and omnivorous animals are savage creatures because they eat meat. It doesn't make any sense! In addition to this, if none of us ate meat what would we do with the carcasses of animals after we've harvested other animal products from them? We'd have a bunch of rotting flesh building up which would just cause pathogen epidemics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquariumv1)
    Vegan diet is dangerous.
    You can't get b12,calcium,iron...
    I debunked this myth in post 3. Many foods are fortified with B12 including ordinary cereal and soy milk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    I'm allergic to seafood...

Besides, there's nothing wrong with eating meat. It's natural. By most vegans' logic, all carnivorous and omnivorous animals are savage creatures because they eat meat. It doesn't make any sense! In addition to this, if none of us ate meat what would we do with the carcasses of animals after we've harvested other animal products from them? We'd have a bunch of rotting flesh building up which would just cause pathogen epidemics.
    This is why some Vegans (including myself) feed pets vegan diets.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's much better for our planet than meat or dairy industries.
    I do not agree. Yes, animals are a much biggger cause of global warming than us humans in our cars, but if we all ate fish, what happens? The oceans are drained of edible fish, jellyfish take over and gl geting fish back. Then, we have to go back to cows, and we'll end up eating more land animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    Eating fish is MUCH worse for our planet, thanks to the factortame case, we've lost control over our waters, but overfishing is a serious problem. Everything is linked, and we are killing off our fish, how will that be good for our planet?
    Depends on what fish you eat. Sardines for example are perfectly sustainable

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Vegan diet is dangerous.
    You can't get b12,calcium,iron...
    And where do your cows get their b12, their iron and their calcium then? They must do from plants. It's not unhealthy to be a vegan.

I'm actually seriously thinking of becoming vegan...
    But I feel like you lot get a certain form of abuse from it. Like being called hippies or plonkers or something. Also I don't like PETA,

ReputationRep:
    I want to stick to mostly plant based food for now, I probably soon will be wanting vegan ice cream or vegan chocolate lol
    so-called "vegan chocolate" can be sooo expensive, but the solution is to buy normal, regular dark chocolate (most brands don't contain milk) or check out The Raw Chocolate Company if you prefer milk chocolate, they do an amazing milk-free chocolate that tastes and looks exactly like milk chocolate! the only ingredients are cocoa, coconut sugar, lucuma (a fruit) and vanilla, IIRC

it's not cheap, but it's certainly cheaper than those ridiculous "vego" bars which are like £5 a bite :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You can be semi-vegan

ReputationRep:
    Now I saw an article where it said that fish are not capable of feeling pain.
    So it's much more humane to eat them than land based animals who DO feel pain.
    That's akin to saying that murder via giant rock to the head at high speed is more humane than any other form of murder. Still doesn't take away from the fact that you've supported the killing of another sentient creature.

If you're going to base this on some kind of moral standpoint then at least be thorough

Inb4 backlash: I'm a carnivore through and through.

ReputationRep:
    Fish do feel pain. When they are brought out of the water their guts come through their mouths from the pressure and their eyes pop while they gasp for breath. They may not scream but their behaviour says it all as they squirm and bleed when pulled out.

In regards to B12 it'd just need a bit more research but from what I know, alternatives such as rice milk has B12

ReputationRep:
    fish smells and tastes revolting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    I'm actually seriously thinking of becoming vegan...
    But I feel like you lot get a certain form of abuse from it. Like being called hippies or plonkers or something. Also I don't like PETA,
    I think lot of vegans/vegetarians don't tbh, just like a lot of them don't like freely the banana girl...

(Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    That soup sounds tasty. :drool:

And you're absolutely right about dairy it's been linked to chronic fatigue over a vast number of studies. A lot of people are alergic to casein in dairy and they don't even know it but they consume large amounts of the substance without knowing it.

Once you taste vegan chocolate cake there is no going back.
    I'm not even exaggerating, I know it's only been a day XD but...I always start my day off with tea with milk (I have about 4 cups by mid-day some days :/) and I always feel exhausted by this time of day. I honestly am ready for bed around 4pm. Today I feel amazing....I also didn't get much sleep at all last night so I should be dying right now....

No more dairy for me!!!

and yay I'm excited for all the new vegan foods!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thermometer)
    so-called "vegan chocolate" can be sooo expensive, but the solution is to buy normal, regular dark chocolate (most brands don't contain milk) or check out The Raw Chocolate Company if you prefer milk chocolate, they do an amazing milk-free chocolate that tastes and looks exactly like milk chocolate! the only ingredients are cocoa, coconut sugar, lucuma (a fruit) and vanilla, IIRC

it's not cheap, but it's certainly cheaper than those ridiculous "vego" bars which are like £5 a bite :rofl:
    Thank you!

I do like dark chocolate sometimes, but I definitely will look at The Raw Chocolate company because the idea of there being only 5 ingredients in something makes me happy!

I think lot of vegans/vegetarians don't tbh, just like a lot of them don't like freely the banana girl...
    The only reason I don't want to be Vegan is because of freelee and I won't be able to eat cheese or drink milk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    The only reason I don't want to be Vegan is because of freelee and I won't be able to eat cheese or drink milk
    You like freelee ?

Lol well as freelee would say "You don't need to be eating/drinking cow puss"

You like freelee ?

Lol well as freelee would say "You don't need to be eating/drinking cow puss"
    No I hate Freelee....
    And I love cheese too much to give it up

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.