Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

americans think latin is a place and spain is just a language watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    And you a, think that 300 million + people think the same thing on the basis of their nationality, and b, got this assertion from a piece of information that is in fact correct that you misunderstood. Words cannot describe your level of stupid.
    I can think of a word.
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    No they dont.
    Source? I had a source FYI
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I am beginning to lose the plot here ... I think I will go back to maths ...
    I know a lot of creepy Europeans. You should come to my squash club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    It's true folks

Source is everydayfeminism btw FYI
    Is this a wind-up?

The person who made this must know that 'latin America' derives from the use of latin-based languages (i.e. language), and that 'hispanic' derives from 'hispania', the Roman name for the Iberian peninsula (i.e. geography)...

ReputationRep:
    Do they think Italy is called Latin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I guarantee a lot of British people irl would **** up when asked about what language they speak in Mexico .
    Only if you're retarded,

ReputationRep:
    I'm ngl I know most of this is a joke, but let's be honest I guarantee a lot of British people irl would **** up when asked about what language they speak in Mexico and a lot would not refer to South America as Latin America.

So let's not try to be high and mighty compared to the UA.
    Mexican? I know how to say yes: 'Doritos'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I am beginning to lose the plot here ... I think I will go back to maths ...
    Statistics isn't a good idea though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Statistics isn't a good idea though
    I don't do Stats ...Pure or Discrete

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_BCFC)
    Only if you're retarded,
    He knows. That's why he said British not Dutch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_BCFC)
    Only if you're retarded,
    So half of the country then?

ReputationRep:
    Mexican? I know how to say yes: 'Doritos'
    Oh please I was worried you were serious until I got to the end xD

ReputationRep:
    Lol I've heard Americans refer to Spanish people as Latino ....

ReputationRep:
    Oh please I was worried you were serious until I got to the end xD
    I am now considering whether my satire (about 3/4 of my posts) gets through or not, it's okay though I have the philosophy section to get through my existential crisis (and the lit section should help cure me of dreaded phrases like that one).

ReputationRep:
    I am now considering whether my satire (about 3/4 of my posts) gets through or not, it's okay though I have the philosophy section to get through my existential crisis (and the lit section should help cure me of dreaded phrases like that one).
    I had a slight feeling you were kidding as you don't seem like a stupid person, but there's always a tiny bit of doubt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    makes u think
    British people would do far worse with Latino/Hispanic etc. than Americans would - so I wouldn't be crowing too much. Christ, just listen to Brits mangle Spanish pronunciations.

ReputationRep:
    For real, I know so many English people that were surprised to hear they spoke Spanish in South America....it's not just Americans (although the stereotype that Americans don't know what Spain is is definitely based on fact)

ReputationRep:
    It's wrong to generalise all Americans. They've got some of the cleverest and most innovative people on earth working in Silicon Valley, etc. However, then you remember that Trump is actually winning caucuses....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EconObsessed)
    It's wrong to generalise all Americans. They've got some of the cleverest and most innovative people on earth working in Silicon Valley, etc. However, then you remember that Trump is actually winning caucuses....
    And then you realise Trump was academically far more capable than Jeremy Corbyn (2 E's at A level and somehow got onto some rubbish degree course he couldn't hack it in) and thus glass houses and all that.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.