Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 17, he's 19. Is this age gap too much? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    Nah don't worry, I'm 18 and my non-existent boyfriend is 89 like half the people on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoron)
    That is almost bordering on paedophillia...almost
    Paedophila is being attracted to children. The person in question is attracted to somebody who isn't a child in legal terms.

So nah it's not at all really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i once went out with someone who was 23 when i was 16
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: png i.png (11.4 KB)

ReputationRep:
    when I was 20 going on 21 I was with a girl who was only just 17 - I didn't find it weird - we had a lot in common. we were at the same work too. and yeah, we did have sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    cant see the attachment

ReputationRep:
    Nah. I'm gonna be 19 while my girlfriend is 17 for a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Paedophila is being attracted to children. The person in question is attracted to somebody who isn't a child in legal terms.

So nah it's not at all really.
    I mentioned the word 'almost' twice yet you will still blind to the point I was making. ALMOST, not DEFINITE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    2 years is nothing. Date him girl!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    (We are both guys, not that it makes a difference)

I've just turned 17, and he turned 19 a bit before me. I'm mature for 17 if I may say so myself.
    He's in first year of uni, in a city about 35mins train journey away and I'm in sixth form.

We were texting for over a week, and he came to my city to meet me. We went on a date and it went really well. He gave me butterflies and stuff, and he told me I gave him them too.
    As he left to go home, he asked for another date and gave me a hug which gave me super butterflies and it felt like I was walking on air.

I can'f get him off my mind. I even get excited if I see he's messaged haha.

I'm planning on going to his city in a week or so to see him.

Are all these feelings normal?
    Any advice?
    No if you weren't born on the exact same day it ain't right. Think you should take a good hard look at yourself and think about what you've done.

ReputationRep:
    i think this is normal?

it's only two years and you're over 16 therefore there isnt actually anything wrong in this situation, go for it!!!

ReputationRep:
    The ages are a little bit dodgy, as soon he'll be 20 and dating a 17 year old is a tad creepy. The worst bit is that he's in uni and you're still at school. Remember that even if you feel mature, in comparison to his friends you're a child, and you can't join him and his friends clubbing etc, so you may find the differences in what you can do together vs what he can do without you a strain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monk1324)
    lol
    what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    what?
    They're both guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monk1324)
    They're both guys.
    Oops, completely missed that in the description. I'll edit it out now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    (We are both guys, not that it makes a difference)

I've just turned 17, and he turned 19 a bit before me. I'm mature for 17 if I may say so myself.
    He's in first year of uni, in a city about 35mins train journey away and I'm in sixth form.

We were texting for over a week, and he came to my city to meet me. We went on a date and it went really well. He gave me butterflies and stuff, and he told me I gave him them too.
    As he left to go home, he asked for another date and gave me a hug which gave me super butterflies and it felt like I was walking on air.

I can'f get him off my mind. I even get excited if I see he's messaged haha.

I'm planning on going to his city in a week or so to see him.

Are all these feelings normal?
    Any advice?
    Sounds fine to me!

ReputationRep:
    It's completely fine. 2 years is nothing as long as you're both legal, which you are. Go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoron)
    I mentioned the word 'almost' twice yet you will still blind to the point I was making. ALMOST, not DEFINITE
    Yeah but it's not almost at all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.