• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Yes

Apparently her crying is enough to prove rape
    Even if she were raped, she should merely work with another producer.

I also find the assumption of her feminine innocence annoying. It's for this reason, I'm sometimes pleased I'm not straight

I just don't understand how people who apply skepticism to other areas so strongly presume her innocence.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Even if she were raped, she should merely work with another producer.

I also find the assumption of her feminine innocence annoying. It's for this reason, I'm sometimes pleased I'm not straight

I just don't understand how people who apply skepticism to other areas so strongly presume her innocence.

The main argument circulating about her working with another producer is that Dr Luke is one of their most influential producers, and if she were to work with another one her work would be sidelined and not advertised as much. This could make it appear that Dr Luke's profit making ability is being put before Kesha's wellbeing.
    I am yet to make up my mind on my opinion...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    The main argument circulating about her working with another producer is that Dr Luke is one of their most influential producers, and if she were to work with another one her work would be sidelined and not advertised as much. This could make it appear that Dr Luke's profit making ability is being put before Kesha's wellbeing.
    I am yet to make up my mind on my opinion...
    So her options are to work with a less reputable producer or her alleged rapist.

I don't think she's entitled to choose an alternate but she's certainly free to negotiate with Sony. If they act on good faith, hopefully she'll get a producer who won't sideline her work.

But her experience, if true, doesn't entitle her to end her contract prematurely. I'm fairly certain there won't have been such a clause.

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    So her options are to work with a less reputable producer or her alleged rapist.

I don't think she's entitled to choose an alternate but she's certainly free to negotiate with Sony. If they act on good faith, hopefully she'll get a producer who won't sideline her work.

But her experience, if true, doesn't entitle her to end her contract prematurely. I'm fairly certain there won't have been such a clause.

Yep. I'm sceptical of both why she won't accept the alternative of another producer as a victory, and why she didn't pursue this earlier. In the eyes of the law, she has a very weak case, regardless of what actually happened.

ReputationRep:
    Some of these people believe there is enough evidence now to jail him
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Yep. I'm sceptical of both why she won't accept the alternative of another producer as a victory, and why she didn't pursue this earlier. In the eyes of the law, she has a very weak case, regardless of what actually happened.
    Well coming forward is a difficult thing to do and as a celebrity, she knows it might be plastered everywhere. A lot of pressure!

Plus, due to her drug history, there would be some skepticism.
    She had a weak case and I think if there's insufficient evidence for her claim, it is good that an alternative had been produced.

It's just annoying that in the eyes of the public the facts are fixed. If the producer is innocent, he'll have been successfully defamed.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the fact she won't accept working with another producer shows what her incentives really are. From the way I see it (just my opinion)- she wants to leave sony to start her career elsewhere simply to make more money, and she's just using whatever history there is between her and the producer in question to exit the contract. I think that the producer was probably a massive *******, and she probably has good reasons not to work with him, but I am 99% sure she was not raped, hence the lack of evidence. Still, using a rape allegation in a case concerning a contract? Thats some shady tactics - i think that the feminists should be outraged AT Kesha for trivializing rape this way and undermining genuine rape accusations.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. I've seen people on Twitter saying the alleged rapist should be found guilty even if there is a no evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. I've seen people on Twitter saying the alleged rapist should be found guilty even if there is a no evidence.
    Feminists 2k16 for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Sister told me this yesterday. I didn't believe her. So it's real?
    THe case is real, the rape - we don't know.

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Do we even know who the supposed perpetrator was?? If not then what're you crying out the person hasn't been tarnished...
    Yes we do know who the supposed perpetrator was so that's what I'm "crying about".

Even if we didn't know, I'd still question why everyone jumps on the victims side.

Oh? So what then is the issue? Are people saying it should be null and void?

Kesha didn't agree to this (just have her not ever work with/near this person again) but she still wants out in the contract. Which is why I personally think it looks a little "fishy".

And what I'm desputing is why so many people on social media jump straight to the victims side and attack the alleged, even though it was declined in court. I don't get it - if I go to court for murdering someone, and I didn't/ court says I'm innocent because there's no proof, am I still a murderer? It seems bizarre that people just believe what she says when it's just as reasonable to imagine her lying about it for alternative agendas as it is to assume she was actually sexually assaulted.

And when anyone makes this point, apparently we're supporting rape. Seems a bit stupid if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Quick backstory for everyone:

Kesha has CLAIMED she was sexually assaulted by someone she was working with whilst making her music, so she tried to break the contract so she doesn't have to work with the ALLEGED person, court said no because no evidence, whole of internet going crazy that justice system sucks.

So why is the majority of social media ignoring one of the basic principles of the justice system - Innocent until proven guilty.

People are all just assuming she's correct and people always do this. I don't understand why it annoys me, because if she was actually raped then I want the person who's guilty to go rot in prison for life, but the idea of everyone taking a side is sort of infruriating.

Anyone - even a philosophical view - know why everyone takes the victims side so aggresively, and ignores facts?
    Feminists - "Rape victims aren't taken seriously"

#FreeKesha starts

People believe accusations and deem the accused guilty despite no criminal charge against him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayyylmaoo)
    Feminists - "Rape victims aren't taken seriously"

#FreeKesha starts

People believe accusations and deem the accused guilty despite no criminal charge against him.
    Preach it

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the fact she took drugs, it took her a long time to come forward and the fact she now wants out of the contract are reasons to say she must be lying. She could easily have fallen to drugs as a way to cope with the abuse or been abused as her drug habit made her more vulnerable. As it started when she was 18 she was a lot more impressionable and may have felt it was the price she had to pay, so to speak, for fame/money etc. If she had low self esteem etc which could have led to the drug abuse/eating disorder then that could well have contributed to her keeping quiet about abuse. And if she had been raped she would certainly not want to work there anymore! We all know rape is a very difficult crime to prosecute. I'm not saying the legal decisions have been made wrongly or that we should turn around and say she definitely was raped as I believe in innocent until proven guilty but the reasons people are giving for her being a 'liar' are all crap.

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad for her and hope one day she will have her creative freedom and be able to bring out a new album.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    I'm not saying the legal decisions have been made wrongly or that we should turn around and say she definitely was raped as I believe in innocent until proven guilty but the reasons people are giving for her being a 'liar' are all crap.
    Yeah, you clearly believe in innocent until proven guilty.

ReputationRep:
    I do. I just think those people need to stop judging potential rape victims on things like drug habits and timeline. I'm not saying Kesha herself is telling the truth, my opinion on that is fairly irrelevant, he was not found guilty. I'm just saying that those things shouldn't be reasons to disbelieve someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    I do. I just think those people need to stop judging potential rape victims on things like drug habits and timeline. I'm not saying Kesha herself is telling the truth, my opinion on that is fairly irrelevant, he was not found guilty. I'm just saying that those things shouldn't be reasons to disbelieve someone.
    Fair point.

ReputationRep:
    Oh? So what then is the issue? Are people saying it should be null and void?

Sony will not market her music if she uses a different procducer.

So she should call their bluff and record with a rival company as the Artist Formerly Known as Kesha.

If she is worth it the new company will pay Sony a severance fee.

ReputationRep:
    The presumption of innocence does not necessitate presumption that the person who presents the allegation is lying. It's neutral, necessarily, about both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_marmite)
    The presumption of innocence does not necessitate presumption that the person who presents the allegation is lying. It's neutral, necessarily, about both.
    Yh I misinterpreted what the other user said lel

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.