Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivvyLee4)
    Oh really that's the same as me (business management) I don't know no one else that's doing it
    I have a conditional offer for business management too ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=carlyjd_x;65364327]I have a conditional offer for business management too ☺️

Yaaaaaaay that's good I messaged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prodigy Living)
    Hey Livvy, looking forward to meeting you in September!

Don't forget to join our residents group to find out who you will be living with: https://www.facebook.com/groups/739682209464929/

I'm extremely annoyed as I've waited to here back from raffles house since the 27th of May and they keep giving different dates some of us need to know whether we're getting accommodation or not because if we don't we need to find somewhere else it's frustrating keep waiting for hear back as this shouldn't be something we have to worry about I'm not just speaking about me but on behalf of all the people who haven't received any kind of offer
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    I'm extremely annoyed as I've waited to here back from raffles house since the 27th of May and they keep giving different dates some of us need to know whether we're getting accommodation or not because if we don't we need to find somewhere else it's frustrating keep waiting for hear back as this shouldn't be something we have to worry about I'm not just speaking about me but on behalf of all the people who haven't received any kind of offer
    Hey Livvy,

Due to the volume of residents we will have at Raffles, the process to load them onto booking system takes a little while.

We should be sending out AST's this week to all residents who will be living with us by the end of this week.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Livvy,

Due to the volume of residents we will have at Raffles, the process to load them onto booking system takes a little while.

We should be sending out AST's this week to all residents who will be living with us by the end of this week.

Hello I've applied through Westminster university and I as just wondering if you have to pay a deposit and if so how much

ReputationRep:
    Hello I've applied through Westminster university and I as just wondering if you have to pay a deposit and if so how much
    Morning!

Yes, to confirm your booking at Raffles House, you will need to pay £250 deposit when you complete your AST.

Your deposit is fully refundable when you move out (minus any deductions for damages etc).

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I've accepted my offer, just wondering how do you pay the deposit and is it due immediately?
    Thanks Liberty

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I applied for raffles and all my personal info is wrong on the portal, and it won't let me change it. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libertya11)
    Hello,
    I've accepted my offer, just wondering how do you pay the deposit and is it due immediately?
    Thanks Liberty
    Morning Liberty,

Once you receive the offer, you have 7 days to accept. You can pay through the portal or give Raffles House a call and they can take a payment over the phone.

(Original post by Algeriandz)
    Hi,

I applied for raffles and all my personal info is wrong on the portal, and it won't let me change it. What should I do?
    Sorry about that Algeriandz! Could you please email over the changes to Raffles House ([email protected]), and they'll update the system.

Look forward to seeing you both in September! Don't forget to join the residents group and introduce yourselves to your new flat mates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/739682209464929/

Have a great summer!

ReputationRep:
    I'm writing to you because I abit confused about the payments that have been set up the first payment says that it is due on the first of September for £1068 , firstly we are not aloud to move in until the 10th of September so I'm abit confused why we have to pay from the first secondly the next payment is in October for £2670 I was wondering why we have to pay £3000 for 2 months I thought that The payments was done in three instalments not 4 and I wasn't told me had to pay anything in October also I don't get money from student finance until the 19th of September so I'm concerned about how I'm going to pay the first payment on the first of June

Sorry about that Algeriandz! Could you please email over the changes to Raffles House ([email protected]), and they'll update the system.

Look forward to seeing you both in September! Don't forget to join the residents group and introduce yourselves to your new flat mates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/739682209464929/

Have a great summer![/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    I'm writing to you because I abit confused about the payments that have been set up the first payment says that it is due on the first of September for £1068 , firstly we are not aloud to move in until the 10th of September so I'm abit confused why we have to pay from the first secondly the next payment is in October for £2670 I was wondering why we have to pay £3000 for 2 months I thought that The payments was done in three instalments not 4 and I wasn't told that I had to pay anything in October also I don't get money from student finance until the 19th of September so I'm concerned about how I'm going to pay the first payment on the first of September

Have a great summer!
    [/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    I'm writing to you because I abit confused about the payments that have been set up the first payment says that it is due on the first of September for £1068 , firstly we are not aloud to move in until the 10th of September so I'm abit confused why we have to pay from the first secondly the next payment is in October for £2670 I was wondering why we have to pay £3000 for 2 months I thought that The payments was done in three instalments not 4 and I wasn't told me had to pay anything in October also I don't get money from student finance until the 19th of September so I'm concerned about how I'm going to pay the first payment on the first of June
    Hey Livvy,

The payment before you move in is to cover the first few weeks of rent.

This is to make it easier for our residents as we know that not everyone will receive their student loan until October (which our payment dates are in line with).

So your payment will cover from (details will vary depending on your tenancy length - you should find the exact dates on the portal):

Pre-instalment: 10/09/2016 - 14/10/2016
    1st Instalment: 15/10/2016 - 03/02/2017
    2nd Instalment: 04/02/2017 - 19/05/2017
    3rd Instalment: 20/05/2017 - 14/07/2017 (44 week) or 01/09/2016 (51 week)

Hope that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Livvy,

The payment before you move in is to cover the first few weeks of rent.

This is to make it easier for our residents as we know that not everyone will receive their student loan until October (which our payment dates are in line with).

So your payment will cover from (details will vary depending on your tenancy length - you should find the exact dates on the portal):

Pre-instalment: 10/09/2016 - 14/10/2016
    1st Instalment: 15/10/2016 - 03/02/2017
    2nd Instalment: 04/02/2017 - 19/05/2017
    3rd Instalment: 20/05/2017 - 14/07/2017 (44 week) or 01/09/2016 (51 week)

Hope that makes sense?
    Hello
    It doesn't make sense to be honest because the dates that you have given me there are different dates from what was on the website
    Also I contract what I signed up for in the begginning was 42 week contract not 44 weeks or 51 weeks I'm concerned where you expect us to get the money from for the first instalment because my mother has other kids she has to attended to and doesn't have over £3000 to give me towards rent for the first to months when I was told it was only £712 a month

ReputationRep:
    Is there a number I can ring as I'm having trouble with the info I need to email?

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    It doesn't make sense to be honest because the dates that you have given me there are different dates from what was on the website
    Also I contract what I signed up for in the begginning was 42 week contract not 44 weeks or 51 weeks I'm concerned where you expect us to get the money from for the first instalment because my mother has other kids she has to attended to and doesn't have over £3000 to give me towards rent for the first to months when I was told it was only £712 a month
    Is there a number I can ring as I'm having trouble with the info I need to email?
    Hey both, if you would like to contact Raffles House directly, they will be able to provide you with more accurate assistance in regards to your bookings: [email protected] or telephone them on 0203 595 3242.

ReputationRep:

Have a great summer!
    [/QUOTE]
    Have you sorted out the payments? Because I'm having the same problem. Don't think I will be able to afford to pay the first payment which is on the 10th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is the £250 deposit refundable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anhelina)
    Have you sorted out the payments? Because I'm having the same problem. Don't think I will be able to afford to pay the first payment which is on the 10th.
    Hi Anhelia,

Unfortunately, this is standard practice for all UK accommodation who ask for at least a month's rent before you move in.

If you have any payment queries, please do get in touch with the Raffles House team and they'll be happy to address any concerns.

Is the £250 deposit refundable
    Yes, your £250 deposit is completely refundable (minus any deductions for any damages).

ReputationRep:
    Hi Anhelia,

Unfortunately, this is standard practice for all UK accommodation who ask for at least a month's rent before you move in.

If you have any payment queries, please do get in touch with the Raffles House team and they'll be happy to address any concerns.

Yes, your £250 deposit is completely refundable (minus any deductions for any damages).
    Alright that's fine. Can you also explain to me why do we have to pay 1st September but only moving in on the 10th. We are literally losing 10 days that we paying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Anhelia,

Every other accommodation I have looked up has 3 instalments not 4 and it's all in line with there payments also I got in contact with raffles and they was no help at all and I got told to contact the university . I was requesting an extension as there is no way I'm able to pay it and they told me to contact the university

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.