Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think i love an older man? helpppp Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    5 if you count her
    Damn

ReputationRep:
    So how do you feel at the notion of dating someone, in the future, who's born this year? Just freaky.

ReputationRep:
    He only want to get in your pants! Obvious.

You're way too young for him it's creepy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    have fun pushing him around in his wheelchair when he's older

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAhm95)
    have fun pushing him around in his wheelchair when he's older
    Not sure this works as a reality check, as most 70 year olds aren't in wheelchairs, so the threat is at least 40 years hence.

ReputationRep:
    Okay but think, he was your age, when you were born. And who'd have known that in another almost twenty years, he'd be into that little baby.

But really though, I agree with what some of the others have said about you being in two different stages in your lives. It would be much harder for you both to make it work.

For a second, I tried to put myself in your shoes. So I thought hmm... "Michael Fassbender" and googled it, and found he was 38, which is a bigger difference to my 17 year old self. Then I googled and IMDBed celebs under 40, and after many different googling of ages, came up to Chris Evans who'll be like 35 soon. So close enough.

But no. He's gorg, but NOOOOOO. I'm only a year younger than you, but I still feel like a 13 year old at times. And yeah, I'll probably mature a lot in the next year (or go backwards, knowing me), but these men, are men. They are so much older.

I don't want to be leading you to heartbreak, and you're already aware of the huge gap. But, really, I still think the cliché thing of 'other fish in the sea'. And you're young, you are free to do anything. And dating a man with four children will be a huge commitment.

ReputationRep:
    My husband is 15 years older than I, it really doesn't matter as long as your happy. My husband is my best friend, I had doubts before we started seeing each other because of the age difference; but 5 years on we are happily married. Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Lol there is definitely something wrong with a 36 year old man who is interested in a relationship with an 18 year old girl. Gross.

He is literally double your age. He just wants sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    5 if you count her
    Wow. This was the best moment of my night so far.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, normally I'm quite positive about age-gap relationships - I'm 22 and my boyfriend is nearly 35 - but this case is rather different.

It's less to do with the age, and more to do with life-stages: he's already been married and has several children, so he might not want to go through all that again. Do you really want to settle on this guy, knowing that he might not ever want children with you?

Also, whilst the children might be really sweet and love you now, it won't necessarily stay like that. The stepmother is an awkward position to be in; they may grow up resentful of you, you will have to be involved in their lives whether you like it or not.

I'm not saying that it's doomed, or that you shouldn't be with the guy, but you need to tread very carefully and think about what you want in the long term. Being given flowers is lovely, but it's not what keeps a relationship strong.

Have you spoken to your parents about this? I think it would be good for you to talk to them about it and find out what they think.

ReputationRep:
    It will be messy when the children get older.

ReputationRep:
    Never mind the flowers and just think for a second. What does a 36 year old have in common with a 18 year- totally different stages in life. He has screws loose up there. Why's he getting a devorce? Not that he would actually tell you the full story. He's scary and you're just blinded with flowers.

ReputationRep:
    It's entirely possible that this will work out and will do all right - It's none of our business who you date, but...

Sometimes, men with serious control issues attempt to have relationships with younger women as it's sometimes easier to control them.

Things to watch out for if you do decide to pursue a relationship:

1) Is he alienating you from your friends and demanding you not go out with them?
    2) Is he alienating you from your family?
    3) Is he the jealous type?
    4) Is he critical? Does he break you down only to build you up again?

While you should watch out for those signs in any relationship(They're all signs someone will become abusive), you should be especially vigilant with an age gap like that.Take things slowly, but if he's okay with that, do whatever you feel is right(So long as you take things slowly. Some of these things can take a while to show but nobody can hide them forever).

ReputationRep:
    I'll say the same thing I always say in this situation.
    What kind of thirty six year old man dates an eighteen year old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdjectiveNoun)
    I'll say the same thing I always say in this situation.
    What kind of thirty six year old man dates an eighteen year old?
    One lacking in maturity and trying to relive his youth?

ReputationRep:
    I think stay away.. :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.