thug lyf

ReputationRep:
    But samosas make life worth living :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    life is life init what can you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    How?
    Because you can have everything that you want.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't really believe in 'happiness' that's some rubbish we've been sold, look at all the ignorance, poverty, disease, war, and then when you've got none of that you're still bored half of the time. I believe life is inherently sad and empty, but i'm going to enjoy it as much as possible anyway, so **** you nature.

ReputationRep:
    Take revenge on life itself by being the best you can be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    I believe life is only sad if you let it be.

I hope you're okay? :hugs:

Thank you :kissing2:

I agree with you. I'm letting it be sad.

But I'm turning to TSR to make me feel better(because undoubtedly there is someone who will make me laugh, or share my sadness right now, that is why I love tsr) :'-)

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Does it work?

I've done everything. I had a coffee, and got some chocolate. I still feel like a poo. (a constipated poo)
    After you've looked at enough pictures of Cara Delevigne playing with rabbits you'll be filled with so much love and awe you'll forget all about your poo :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jokes aside, what's wrong? :console: My PMs are always open if you want to have a chat.
    Is the sadness constant or just at this point in time you feel sad?

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    Objectification.
    See above :yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes;[url="tel:62905547")
    62905547[/url]] Certain people/things are awful, and they ruin what could be a very happy world.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Which people/events are you referring to?
    Tbh, that stuff doesn't really REALLY affect me... Like Trump bothers me but i'm not upset. Big events 'upset' me or 'depress' me ie the Amazon being cut down or 9/11, Paris attacks etc but again not real depression.
    Loss of loved ones, relationships etc... That is what really hurts imo. Losing close friends early, having bad breaks, being dealt tough cards, emotionally investing in someone to have it ripped apart.... That's what properly upsets and depresses me (in the true senses of those words)

I believe life is only sad if you let it be.
    As much as i get what you're trying to say....

Nah. It's pretty s*** at times tbh. I hope you never get properly upset but most of my close friends and myself have all experienced real loss/tough things, which leave a scar and make you seriously think about life.
    However, that does not mean you have to be negative about life. I enjoy life but at times... It's a bi**h

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    After you've looked at enough pictures of Cara Delevigne playing with rabbits you'll be filled with so much love and awe you'll forget all about your poo :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jokes aside, what's wrong? :console: My PMs are always open if you want to have a chat.
    Is the sadness constant or just at this point in time you feel sad?

See above :yep:
    Cara tho :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Think about how terrible people feel when they have constipation...Now think about how happy they are when they do the poo and get rid of it...
    You're that poo sliding out of their bum cheeks...look how happy you made them!
    :cry2: Yes, you're right. They can finally relax their bum cheeks now. I suppose that is an achievement :')

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    Cara tho :drool:

She is just :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    Which people/events are you referring to?
    Tbh, that stuff doesn't really REALLY affect me... Like Trump bothers me but i'm not upset. Big events 'upset' me or 'depress' me ie the Amazon being cut down or 9/11, Paris attacks etc but again not real depression.
    Loss of loved ones, relationships etc... That is what really hurts imo. Losing close friends early, having bad breaks, being dealt tough cards, emotionally investing in someone to have it ripped apart.... That's what properly upsets and depresses me (in the true senses of those words)

Nah. It's pretty s*** at times tbh. I hope you never get properly upset but most of my close friends and myself have all experienced real loss/tough things, which leave a scar and make you seriously think about life.
    However, that does not mean you have to be negative about life. I enjoy life but at times... It's a bi**h
    A little selfishly I was referring to people and events in my personal life. Life is huge bi**ch. It really is. It really, really is. I feel like sometimes, as much as you want "make everything better", you can't do it. Even if you have all the resources. But what I would like to know is, what is it exactly that you lack in times like this? strength?

ReputationRep:
    It is. Our lives don't mean anything. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    It is. Our lives don't mean anything. :cry2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Cry with me, lets cry a river together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)

Oh too late - dw, totally know it is. :toofunny: What I was trying to get at was the fact that even if things happen, no matter how awful they may be, it doesn't mean that life as an entirety has to be sad. An aspect of life or a memory of life could be sad, yes. However life as a whole should not be that way and you can change it to ensure it doesn't happen bc as well as I understand that some situations are uncontrollable, there are also some which are wholly in our hands and it's our choice to make the best of them without letting our negative experiences put us off.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes;[url="tel:62906059")
    62906059[/url]]A little selfishly I was referring to people and events in my personal life. Life is huge bi**ch. It really is. It really, really is. I feel like sometimes, as much as you want "make everything better", you can't do it. Even if you have all the resources. But what I would like to know is, what is it exactly that you lack in times like this? strength?
    I get ya. Personal life problems are the main ones.... We are all self-centred to some extent, it's normal.

Feel free to PM if you want to vent

Perspective.
    That's what we mainly lack, rational thinking seems impossible. We are emotional and want the pain to stop. If we are talking about real pain/loss/anger here then we lash out and/or we make a stupid decision and/or we self-loathe.

Strength will get you through it later on but in the here and now i don't think 'strong' people do any better. You can make yourself 'strong' by having wider goals, aims, other sides to your life.... Friends, family all help keep perspective.
    Unfortunately, we are imperfect beings. This can bring great highs and experiences, makes us take a risk, do crazy things. Selfless acts for other people... Etc. When that all comes crashing down though, you realise you've screwed yourself over so ****ing hard.
    That's assuming we have a degree of choice ie to invest in a person/thing, half the time we don't even have a choice and something happens which has disastrous consequences for how we feel.

ReputationRep:
    It can be sometimes...

ReputationRep:
    TheonlyMrsHolmes
    You make life good. I'm studying and working towards building my own dream life myself, and that's why I find it fun. People get hung over this idea that they need some purpose or that life is pointless if it just ends. IMO, that's silly and it encourages a negative attitude.

I'm here today because generations upon generations of my family & ancestors have survived over time. But that's nothing special, I don't want to simply survive. I want to live a good life and hopefully leave a positive influence when I'm no longer around.

In short, make your own purpose. And although life does have it's sad moments, it allows us to appreciate the good sides. Don't mope around unless you have a good reason to, and even then, still don't. I'm fortunate to have been born here and have access to the resources and opportunities that I do, so I'm gonna make the best of it. c:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh too late - dw, totally know it is. :toofunny: What I was trying to get at was the fact that even if things happen, no matter how awful they may be, it doesn't mean that life as an entirety has to be sad. An aspect of life or a memory of life could be sad, yes. However life as a whole should not be that way and you can change it to ensure it doesn't happen bc as well as I understand that some situations are uncontrollable, there are also some which are wholly in our hands and it's our choice to make the best of them without letting our negative experiences put us off.
    Apologies for misinterpreting your post! Sorry.

I 100% agree

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.