Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So guys what are you hoping will happen when you make a lot of eye contact with a girl? Do you think it will make her approach you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So guys what are you hoping will happen when you make a lot of eye contact with a girl? Do you think it will make her approach you?
    No I would usually approach her but it doesn't really matter who approaches who, just go for it

(Original post by Daniel9998)
    No I would usually approach her but it doesn't really matter who approaches who, just go for it
    The fact that guys stereotypically approach girls they like kinda makes me think he's not that interested or surely he would've by now! I just don't want to end up looking stupid!

ReputationRep:
    The fact that guys stereotypically approach girls they like kinda makes me think he's not that interested or surely he would've by now! I just don't want to end up looking stupid!
    Nah if he keeps looking at you, he is interested. He is probably just shy or just not used to approaching girls all the time or he is probably unsure whether you like him or not. You wont end up looking stupid.

Nah if he keeps looking at you, he is interested. He is probably just shy or just not used to approaching girls all the time or he is probably unsure whether you like him or not. You wont end up looking stupid.
    Okay! So how should I go about it? I've never been asked on a date before never mind asked anyone else out?

ReputationRep:
    Okay! So how should I go about it? I've never been asked on a date before never mind asked anyone else out?
    Anyway you like, just say hi and start a convo. I wouldnt ask him out, just talk to him and see where that takes you.

Anyway you like, just say hi and start a convo. I wouldnt ask him out, just talk to him and see where that takes you.
    I don't know how to! In classes we both sit with our friends! I was tempted to ask his friend about him in the hope if he knew I was interested he might ask me out! This has been going on for 18 months! I don't know how to talk to guys!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to! In classes we both sit with our friends! I was tempted to ask his friend about him in the hope if he knew I was interested he might ask me out! This has been going on for 18 months! I don't know how to talk to guys!

nah dont ask his friend, your not in primary school haha. 18 months you two have been staring at each other and not saying a word?????

nah dont ask his friend, your not in primary school haha. 18 months you two have been staring at each other and not saying a word?????
    That's kinda what I thought! Yes 18 months! I know it seems crazy! I would've thought it would've stopped by now but I feel like there is some weird connection between us that we can't stop!

ReputationRep:
    he definitely likes you :rofl:

oh my god it's so cringey but I used to unconsciously make a lot of eye contact with someone I liked, I didn't realise it was happening until much later, I didn't mean to do it and now that I think about it, it probably came across a bit creepy
    I still like this person but I know I haven't got a chance so I've stopped in the hope that they'll think I've got over it because I don't want to bother them lmao

(Original post by thermometer)
    he definitely likes you :rofl:

oh my god it's so cringey but I used to unconsciously make a lot of eye contact with someone I liked, I didn't realise it was happening until much later, I didn't mean to do it and now that I think about it, it probably came across a bit creepy
    I still like this person but I know I haven't got a chance so I've stopped in the hope that they'll think I've got over it because I don't want to bother them lmao
    Your shouldnt put yourself down by saying you haven't got a chance unless they are already in a relationship! They're is also nothing embarrassing about having feelings! I just wish something would happen between me and this guy there is just such a strong amount of chemistry between us!

So how do I make a move after all this time? I don't want to miss out on anything happening just because we're both shy!

Anyone have any suggestions about what I can do? We've been acting like this for 18 months! Guys why would you keep making eye contact with someone for 18 months?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.