The Student Room Group

What should I drink at freshers if I don't like beer?

Scroll to see replies

I've rarely found anyone able to properly down the drink in the given time, having a go and failing is not the same as refusing.
Guinness is a man's drink. Best to start on something more suited to the teenage palette like Fosters or Carling.

Alternatively just go straight to the ouzo or grappa.
Reply 22
Original post by LiquidGold
Guinness is a particularly strong and horrid beer

enjoy your pisswater

Original post by maximo17000
try budweiser. guiness looks like **** and it taste like ****. largers always gonna be nicer than that dark dirty ****

are these people real?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dinasaurus
I've rarely found anyone able to properly down the drink in the given time, having a go and failing is not the same as refusing.

I agree, nothing wrong with trying and not managing (we never used to time people or start the "we like to drink with..." chant), I was replying to you saying they failed because nobody wanted to drink it, which implied they were not willing to try :smile:
Original post by RobML
enjoy your pisswater

For drinking games, give me pisswater over a beer I have to chew through any day :ahee:
Original post by RobML
enjoy your pisswater

are these people real?

I am real. I bet your one of those people where the only way you can feel like a 'real man' is by having a 'real man's' drink of guiness
Reply 26
Heroin
Reply 27
Original post by maximo17000
I am real. I bet your one of those people where the only way you can feel like a 'real man' is by having a 'real man's' drink of guiness

It's nothing to do with manliness, just what tastes better and is of superior quality
Original post by RobML
It's nothing to do with manliness, just what tastes better and is of superior quality

fair enough, you must have less taste buds than me or something :smile:
Milk
Drink cider instead, or just stick to spirits.
Reply 31
Rekorderlig is bae
Try some other beers, Guinness is a really bad example (IMO). Carlsberg is easy to drink, along with Budweiser and other light lagers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
drink a blowjob
G&T, straight whiskey with ice or Heineken is what does it for me.
I would suggest trying Kopparberg- tastes nice and is beautifully refreshing!

-Ed
coca cola
Original post by ILikePasta
So I'm 18 and I've only ever had 1 beer and that was Guniess and I hated it. I want to know what you recommend and what I should drink during freshers if I don't like beer. I like vodka and shots and stuff but don't really want to get **** faced straight away, plus most drinking games involve beer. any help?

Don't feel pressured to drink beer mate, can drink a vodka with mixer and alternate between soft drinks so you don't go over the top?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for all the replies, hopefully I'll find something I like.
Reply 39
Original post by ILikePasta
So I'm 18 and I've only ever had 1 beer and that was Guniess and I hated it. I want to know what you recommend and what I should drink during freshers if I don't like beer. I like vodka and shots and stuff but don't really want to get **** faced straight away, plus most drinking games involve beer. any help?

Well, looking at your username, how about wine?
I always think pasta goes well with wine?😎

Quick Reply

Latest