Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What should I drink at freshers if I don't like beer? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I know that, but sitting down to play a drinking game with a dirty pint then refusing to drink the dirty pint is a bit of a drunken student faux pas. If that sort of game isn't somebody's thing and they don't want to play then that's fine, nobody judges a bystander if that's what they're comfortable with, but choosing to play a game knowing that the risk of a dirty pint is part of it then backing out is pretty annoying for other people to have to deal with.
    I've rarely found anyone able to properly down the drink in the given time, having a go and failing is not the same as refusing.

ReputationRep:
    Guinness is a man's drink. Best to start on something more suited to the teenage palette like Fosters or Carling.

Alternatively just go straight to the ouzo or grappa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    Guinness is a particularly strong and horrid beer
    enjoy your pisswater

(Original post by maximo17000)
    try budweiser. guiness looks like **** and it taste like ****. largers always gonna be nicer than that dark dirty ****
    are these people real?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I've rarely found anyone able to properly down the drink in the given time, having a go and failing is not the same as refusing.
    I agree, nothing wrong with trying and not managing (we never used to time people or start the "we like to drink with..." chant), I was replying to you saying they failed because nobody wanted to drink it, which implied they were not willing to try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    enjoy your pisswater
    For drinking games, give me pisswater over a beer I have to chew through any day :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    enjoy your pisswater

are these people real?
    I am real. I bet your one of those people where the only way you can feel like a 'real man' is by having a 'real man's' drink of guiness

ReputationRep:
    Heroin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximo17000)
    I am real. I bet your one of those people where the only way you can feel like a 'real man' is by having a 'real man's' drink of guiness
    It's nothing to do with manliness, just what tastes better and is of superior quality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    It's nothing to do with manliness, just what tastes better and is of superior quality
    fair enough, you must have less taste buds than me or something
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Milk

ReputationRep:
    Drink cider instead, or just stick to spirits.

ReputationRep:
    Rekorderlig is bae

ReputationRep:
    Try some other beers, Guinness is a really bad example (IMO). Carlsberg is easy to drink, along with Budweiser and other light lagers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    drink a blowjob

ReputationRep:
    G&T, straight whiskey with ice or Heineken is what does it for me.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest trying Kopparberg- tastes nice and is beautifully refreshing!

-Ed

ReputationRep:
    coca cola

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILikePasta)
    So I'm 18 and I've only ever had 1 beer and that was Guniess and I hated it. I want to know what you recommend and what I should drink during freshers if I don't like beer. I like vodka and shots and stuff but don't really want to get **** faced straight away, plus most drinking games involve beer. any help?
    Don't feel pressured to drink beer mate, can drink a vodka with mixer and alternate between soft drinks so you don't go over the top?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies, hopefully I'll find something I like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILikePasta)
    So I'm 18 and I've only ever had 1 beer and that was Guniess and I hated it. I want to know what you recommend and what I should drink during freshers if I don't like beer. I like vodka and shots and stuff but don't really want to get **** faced straight away, plus most drinking games involve beer. any help?
    Well, looking at your username, how about wine?
    I always think pasta goes well with wine?😎

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.