Anyone has any questions in regards to revision tips for GCSE? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pyxis)
    thank you!!!! i shall try
    my pleasure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Collinsino)
    ah cool. yeah it is good to do a model so the examiner can see a progression from your model to the final piece.
    Thanks!:yay:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T0ucan)
    Thanks!:yay:
    haha anytime

ReputationRep:
    How early did you start doing questions or past papers for science, if you did?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for structuring revision? Eg. Timetables

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in year 12 and am willing to help if anyone wants some guidance or advice on revision for GCSE. I did geog,history,fine art,maths, spanish and all three sciences.
    1) I'm currently writing my own revision notes for the sciences (1-2 A4 pages for each topic). Is this good?
    2) How should I revise over the notes I've already written? (Should I start going over them now alongside writing new ones?)
    3) When should I have finished writing my notes by?
    4) When should I start doing past papers?
    5) How should I work through the past papers? (should I start doing them open book/ should I repeat them till I know the mark schemes, etc)
    6) Other revision techniques?

These are a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamzahPatel)
    1) I'm currently writing my own revision notes for the sciences (1-2 A4 pages for each topic). Is this good? 2) How should I revise over the notes I've already written? (Should I start going over them now alongside writing new ones?)
    3) When should I have finished writing my notes by?
    4) When should I start doing past papers?
    5) How should I work through the past papers? (should I start doing them open book/ should I repeat them till I know the mark schemes, etc)
    6) Other revision techniques?

These are a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated
    I will try the best I can 😊
    1)yes that is a good idea as long as you understand them
    2)dont go over them just yet keep adding notes then when it gets nearer to the exam start to refine your notes down to flashcards for example
    3) there is no end point it can be the night before the exam, any notes are useful if done productively
    4) past papers are really useful to time yourself and see how much you remember. I used past papers when i went on study leave.
    5) start open book definately then do it closed and make notes on where you missed out on some marks so you can learn from it
    6) mind maps were my life savier for GCSE (but maybe because I am a visual learner idk).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    How early did you start doing questions or past papers for science, if you did?
    I started doing past papers independently at the beginning of study leave but did quite a few within school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlfredo)
    Any tips for structuring revision? Eg. Timetables
    Yeah so for my revision as you have so much for GCSE i broke each subject down and did about a topic per day per subject (if that makes sense) i gave myself allocated breaks and watched videos from time to time about the topic I was revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    Hey I would love some advice and tips on religious studies, if you studied it
    basically just make up
    that's what i did in exam and just make sure that you know some exaplaination to back your point

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so for my revision as you have so much for GCSE i broke each subject down and did about a topic per day per subject (if that makes sense) i gave myself allocated breaks and watched videos from time to time about the topic I was revising.
    Thanks man your help has been really useful

ReputationRep:
    I will try the best I can 😊
    1)yes that is a good idea as long as you understand them
    2)dont go over them just yet keep adding notes then when it gets nearer to the exam start to refine your notes down to flashcards for example
    3) there is no end point it can be the night before the exam, any notes are useful if done productively
    4) past papers are really useful to time yourself and see how much you remember. I used past papers when i went on study leave.
    5) start open book definately then do it closed and make notes on where you missed out on some marks so you can learn from it
    6) mind maps were my life savier for GCSE (but maybe because I am a visual learner idk).
    thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Now I want to ask about history (I'm also doing edexcel). I haven't started any revision for it yet, so how I should start?

ReputationRep:
    just to help a bit
    this link is for GCSE maths and has pretty much all the resources you need to revise for exam
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...067&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlfredo)
    Thanks man your help has been really useful
    Anytime 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamzahPatel)
    thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Now I want to ask about history (I'm also doing edexcel). I haven't started any revision for it yet, so how I should start?
    Haha pleasure 😊 ok so look over your work and start to compose mind maps of each period you are studying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LovepreetDhillon)
    Thanks for doing this,
    Im also doing a language but I am doing French. How can I learn french really fast and the get the highest possible grade? (A bit of an open question-sorry!)
    Ok well for GCSE to do well you literally need to learn the text off by heart (sorry thats the harsh truth) you dont really need to adlib at all. So i would say learn your speaking and that kind of helps for everything

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late for me if I want As and Bs?
    Also how to revise for English?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waleed29)
    hi i need tips on biology , chemistry, and history m8 im aiming for b or a's
    mygcsescience bro!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Is it too late for me if I want As and Bs?
    Also how to revise for English?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not really depends howcommitted you are to getting the grades.
    Language or Lit?

ReputationRep:
    sorry i didnt anything else that you are studying?
    I'm fine for now with everything else, thanks though

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.