Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborah_a)
    Omg this too funny I know all too well about teacher holding grudges for not choosing their subject. As soon as I left drama it was like a betrayed the whole of mankind lol! The recorder was so good in primary school because you got to get out of lessons now i really appreciate its actually helped me today with musical notation in GCSE's.

In my choir, now that the younger ones have left, the olders are joining and keep telling me what to do ugh. I've been in the choir for about 5-6 years and I plan on staying till maybe next year because I want to go to Harris Westminster and they have schools on Saturday so I don't think I can cope with choir after on the same day.

World book day is so fun! I remember when my teacher dressed up as willy wonka and the whole class was dressed as oompa loompahs (if that's the right spelling lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get out of lessons but I didn't have to go out onto the playground at lunch so it was worth it. My choir helped my music reading so much. I was going to have to leave in the summer anyway. Next year I'm going to a school that, like you, has Saturday school too and I would have had no free days or time if I'd stayed at choir as it took up most of Sunday and Friday night every week. Are you sure we aren't identical twins separated at birth? This is getting beyond weird! It's nice to talk to someone similar to me though if that makes sense.

Unfortunately my teachers never dressed up but it sounds like I missed out there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    I didn't get out of lessons but I didn't have to go out onto the playground at lunch so it was worth it. My choir helped my music reading so much. I was going to have to leave in the summer anyway. Next year I'm going to a school that, like you, has Saturday school too and I would have had no free days or time if I'd stayed at choir as it took up most of Sunday and Friday night every week. Are you sure we aren't identical twins separated at birth? This is getting beyond weird! It's nice to talk to someone similar to me though if that makes sense.

Unfortunately my teachers never dressed up but it sounds like I missed out there!
    You know what? I was beginning to have the same thoughts
    Maybe we were seperated at birth. Mu church choir doesn't really read sheet music we sing mostly by ear or learning off each other.
    I feel the same way too, speaking to someone similar feels so great! How old are you by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)

Maybe we were seperated at birth.
    My church choir doesn't really read sheet music we sing mostly by ear or learning off each other.
    I feel the same way too, speaking to someone similar feels so great! How old are you by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborah_a)
    Maybe we were seperated at birth.
    My church choir doesn't really read sheet music we sing mostly by ear or learning off each other.
    15, 16 in April.
    Your way sounds like more fun. We had different music every Friday to sing on Sunday which was good for our sight reading although we tended to repeat a lot so once you'd been there a while you stopped sight reading.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.