Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raman_17)
    nice so 80% on the dot yh. How do you find c2?
    A lot more interesting than C1 and also a lot easier to not make silly mistakes thanks to having a calculator

I'm really not a fan of the sector/circle part of it though I hated that at GCSE too haha. What about you? :P

ReputationRep:
    Okay - did a chem1 paper last years spec.

Got 70% which I'm not happy with since we've covered the entire content by now. My main troubles were:

Bonding. Almost everything on this topic I got wrong! Sign I need to revise it I think. :P

So I will revise those. It is a really good feeling when you successfully name 3,3,4,4,5,5 hexamethylhexane though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avacado)
    A lot more interesting than C1 and also a lot easier to not make silly mistakes thanks to having a calculator

I'm really not a fan of the sector/circle part of it though I hated that at GCSE too haha. What about you? :P
    HATE geometric series with a passion So until may I need lots of chapter 7 practise. Integration is calm as it is in core 4 so that is helpful and differentiation also comes up so all i need to practice is geometric series.

NOTE: I'm in year 13 and in june will have s1, m1, c2, c3 and c4 exams!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avacado)
    Okay - did a chem1 paper last years spec.

Got 70% which I'm not happy with since we've covered the entire content by now. My main troubles were:

Bonding. Almost everything on this topic I got wrong! Sign I need to revise it I think. :P

So I will revise those. It is a really good feeling when you successfully name 3,3,4,4,5,5 hexamethylhexane though
    Looooool hexamethylhexane omg.
    Is that 6 methanes on each carbon atom

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My class just started C2 this week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    05/03/16:

Finished work experience at the hospital! It's all very insightful and really opened my eyes to how interesting Radiography can be. Definitely renewed my interest in medicine. I could write for hours about it however I need to start catching up on all the stuff i've missed :P

Going to attempt to use the Pomdoro technique to revise as it seems like it's a good way to use time efficiently (http://pomodorotechnique.com/ if you haven't heard of it!). I will aim to do ~5 Pomdoros per day, roughly.

Today:

Work through some particle and wave past paper questions to ensure I'm not making stupid mistakes.
    Do a S1 paper to see where I need to improve (I still hate stats...)

ReputationRep:
    05/03/16:
    Okay, I spent 3 pomdoros doing particles again - feeling very confident with everything other than the idea of work function. Once I've sorted that out I can tick that off and start focusing mainly on waves.

S1 time!

ReputationRep:
    05/03/16:

Last update for today, did an S1 paper. We've covered every topic except binomial distribution, so I would expect to get everything right. The mistakes I made:

Estimated Mean: freq x mdpt not freq x class width
    Need to look at Venn Diagrams again, apparently. They still confuse me slightly.

Everything else I was fine with.

ReputationRep:
    06/03/13:

Going to spend 4 Pomdoros doing Biology revision on Protein synthesis/DNA Replication and doing some paper questions on those.
    Then hoping to revise Bonding + Enthalphy from Chemistry for a while.

ReputationRep:
    So yeah I'm an idiot and forgot to update this, yay.

Last week off the top of my head:

Revised Enzymes/DNA Replication.
    Revised Bonding/Shapes of Molecules etc.
    Did some Stats papers (gonna ask for help on monday 'cause i can't even)
    Did a bunch of SUVAT and projectile motion questions

This week:

Protein Synthesis/Mitosis etc. revision
    Revise Enthalpy and the global warming stuff
    Do C2 papers
    Waves

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.