Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Probably everyone'll start wearing ridiculous hairpieces, and then not a lot will happen because of all the red tape. As usual.

ReputationRep:
    Will be infinitely better than Hilary or any of the other slimeball Republicans, and better than Sanders.

While he is far from a great candidate (I have criticised him plenty in the past), elections are based simply on who is the best of the given bunch. And if you actually read his policy propositions, he's pretty reasonable for the most part, and probably the best overall pick now that Rand Paul left.

ReputationRep:
    well suicide rate would go up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    well suicide rate would go up...
    lol Who would kill themselves over someone being elected president of the USA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    lol Who would kill themselves over someone being elected president of the USA?
    dunno man god knows what he will implement x'D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GennyLion)
    What will happen if Donald Trump wins the US Presidency? This is sounding too much like a repeat of WW2...
    He will make Murica great once more!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Me: Goodbye world...:shot:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    What was Trump said that sounds remotely Hitlerish?

I thought it was pretty obvious that he -and everyone else- knew that all his stuff about a complete lockdown on muslims entering the USA, kicking out all Mexicans etc was a lot of hot air, and just a way of getting across to "Joanna and Michael" that he wants to implement better border controls...
    What I find funny is that Trump says all this ridiculous crap, becomes insanely popular, and people defend his views, suggesting that he doesn't really mean what he says.

Farage says sensible things, people hate him, the media sabotages him, and people put words and ideas into his mouth has he has explicitly denied. Pretty insane. I hate the apes on this planet.

ReputationRep:
    The rebellion will be finished!

ReputationRep:

Make America Great Again.

ReputationRep:
    What will happen if Donald Trump wins the US Presidency? This is sounding too much like a repeat of WW2...
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Surely temporary stagnation is better than regression then rebuilding post-Trump?

I have no love for Clinton either, but Trump getting in would be terrible for America. Unleashing an all-out war on ISIS and building a massive wall, while at the same time lowering tax rates? Doesn't seem very practical to me. Who's going to pick up the bill?

Paul's been robbing Peter for a long while now, so what's going to happen when Peter asks for his money back? The Treasury's going to run out of money to pay back eventually, Trump's only going to make that happen sooner (or so I would presume).
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    What was Trump said that sounds remotely Hitlerish?

I thought it was pretty obvious that he -and everyone else- knew that all his stuff about a complete lockdown on muslims entering the USA, kicking out all Mexicans etc was a lot of hot air, and just a way of getting across to "Joanna and Michael" that he wants to implement better border controls...
    (Original post by Llamageddon)
    many media people dislike trump and sanders because a lot of political journalists actually know a lot about politics.

Sanders and Trump are snake oil merchants.

For various constitutional and geopolitical reasons what they are asking for is either impossible, or more often than no not within the remit of the office they are seeking.
    What would upset many the most, would be if Trump won and America prospered during his presidency. That's a situation that would be just plain untenable to some.

ReputationRep:
    If Trump were to win, nothing would happen.
    The Legislative and Judicial branch simply wouldn't allow it. Americans aren't worried at all because we know he's just putting on a show.
    "A wall will be built and Mexico will pay for it!"
    If you say so, Trump *rolls eyes*.

ReputationRep:
    The president's main job actually is foreign affairs, more than domestic. Hence governors, mayors, etc. So if Trump were "Prez" not only will U.S. be laughed at (more than it is now), it will be hated (more than it is now), will lack equality (more than it does now), and thus will plummet economically (more than it has already), and will suffer in education and job skills (more than it does already).

If anything he will be impeached/assassinated, neither of which bother me any.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people like Trump. Are they crazy?

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'd be happy if Trump won. He isn't a racist, he's a realist. The sooner the lefty fairies figure that out, the better.

ReputationRep:
    It is nothing like WW2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    It is nothing like WW2.
    Agreed. Geuninely cannot see how that can possibly be comparable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merfie)
    Agreed. Geuninely cannot see how that can possibly be comparable.
    I'm not even a Trump supporter, definitely not a Republican support but no matter your political viewpoint it's borderline offensive to people who went through WWII to compare Trump's election campaign to it.

ReputationRep:
    It was better when I could pretend that an underbelly of xenophobic and racist stooges were non existent in America and the rest of the world. Now I know they exist, but I am amazed to see how many of them there are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96)
    How could trump possibly beat Sanders or Clinton? The democrats have 70% of the national vote over republicans. There is only two possible winners- sanders or Clinton
    That is simply not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    It was better when I could pretend that an underbelly of xenophobic and racist stooges were non existent in America and the rest of the world. Now I know they exist, but I am amazed to see how many of them there are!
    How is Trump racist? Or for that matter, how is he xenophobic?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.