I'm coming out as Bi AMA watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacwanda28)
    omg yes of course! Have no idea how I forgot those two! Thanks
    You're welcome 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    What led you to the decision to not believe in marriage?
    I think it's archaic and not viable in the modern world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Do you not think that is a bit of a grandiose sweeping statement? There are many people who are happily married in this day and age. Surely whether something like marriage is viable is based on the individual's perspective, not the world/culture.

ReputationRep:
    **** you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why the hostility in your reply?

Do you not think that is a bit of a grandiose sweeping statement? There are many people who are happily married in this day and age. Surely whether something like marriage is viable is based on the individual's perspective, not the world/culture.
    I'd imagine the 'individual perspective' part is covered here:

That being said I also disagree with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacwanda28)
    I'm doing English at King's but you can do pretty much anything you want for your dissertation!
    And my EPQ was the same but smaller and at sixth form.
    I know, such a shame. That's why I'm exploring them because there aren't many
    I'm thinking the Valier, Lúthien, Goldberry and Ungoliant/Shelob at the moment. Any other ideas?
    Gollum's Mum

ReputationRep:
    Saying it's not viable in the modern era does not preclude some people having success with it.

I am not sure why you're upset that someone has an opinion which differs from your own, but rest assured that your belief in the sanctity of marriage is entirely misplaced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Gollum's Mum
    His grandmother is of more importance, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Why the hostility in your reply?
    He knows why

ReputationRep:
    No, I said I think. You asked me why I don't believe in marriage so you could argue with me about it?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mince about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Do you mince about
    No I don't.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, great news, and congratulations for coming out on here hope you meet a wonderful guy or girl haha . I'm still having problems coming out as gay .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murakamami)
    Hey, great news, and congratulations for coming out on here hope you meet a wonderful guy or girl haha . I'm still having problems coming out as gay .
    Aww thanks 😊

Hope you find you way ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay, me too :five:

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks 😊

Hope you find you way ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate cake or fruit cake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBLondon)
    I'd imagine the 'individual perspective' part is covered here:

That being said I also disagree with him.
    I mean as in..he seems to be implying that it isnt viable for everyone in this world or in our. Culture, as opposed to taking in to account the fact that what is viable varies depending on the individual

ReputationRep:
    No, I said I think. You asked me why I don't believe in marriage so you could argue with me about it?
    Hmm? Dont want to argue. See my comment above, i didnt word my point in the best way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_marmite)
    Saying it's not viable in the modern era does not preclude some people having success with it.

I am not sure why you're upset that someone has an opinion which differs from your own, but rest assured that your belief in the sanctity of marriage is entirely misplaced.
    When did i suggest i believed in marriage myself? And when did i suggest i was upset? I'm merely putting an alternative perspective out there.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.