• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Student403)
    Whoa.. Back when I did GCSE it was just ~80% for an A* I suggest you not take my advice and ask someone more knowledgeable :laugh: Sorry for wasting your time

Gingerbread101 should be able to help
    You have a lot of confidence in me :rofl:
    (Original post by luciie)
    Say the coursework was 25% of the final grade and you got a high B, what would be the chances of getting an A* overall, is it possible?
    The grade boundaries of the exams will always change each year, so it's impossible to say for certain It is definitely possible I'd say, coursework never normally does too much to drag you up or down either way If you need 90% for an A*, then I'm going to assume it's 80% for an A, and 70% for a B, so lets guess you got 78% of the 25% available for coursework, so that's 18.75% of your marks in the bag. Considering you missed out on about 6% of those marks, you'd need more like 96% in the exam to balance it out...? That could be complete and utter rubbish though, I'd ask your teacher and consult the grade boundaries from previous years :lol:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.