Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

24th Feb: What are you proud of? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffer)
    Well, I thought you were being ironic. Shocked and dismayed that someone can actually be...honest. I see that the golden age of internet: lies, humblebrags and insults is a false promise. But seriously, do you really think that? Success is subjective, but I guess to your own standards you haven't done what you wanted, which I feel you for. So far, neither have I, though I have an almost stupid amount of giddy aspirations left for some reason. Also, self esteem? What is that, I don't know that thing.
    Seriously, I really do think that.

ReputationRep:
    I am proud of all the randomness and nothingness in life...

It's just nothing as someone right said...

ReputationRep:
    My package.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's very nice.

ReputationRep:
    HBA1C of 7.5
    (im a diabetic)

ReputationRep:
    my culture and my life
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm proud of getting into vet school, especially after all of the challenges of last year which seemed insurmountable at the time. I'm proud of my ability to look after myself at difficult times. Above all, I'm exceptionally fortunate to know many amazing people that have changed my life for the better. I am proud to call them my friends, and I'm incredibly proud of all of their achievements

ReputationRep:
    I am proud of my accomplishments at school, my girlfriend and for being a good support when she has a ****** time.

ReputationRep:
    myself

ReputationRep:
    I cook half decent food. It's amazing how many kids at uni struggle with boiling pasta...

ReputationRep:
    Legend!!! xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud of myself for constantly being ambitious and having big aims, I've never seen anything to be impossible and I'm proud of myself for having that perspective. Sometimes I feel like I could seriously change the world one day, and I don't see why a statement like that should ever be seen as 'out of reach', I always strive to think 'if they can do it, why can't I?' and I seem to have always kept that frame of mind. Just achieving my dreams I guess

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  288.7 KB
    I am proud of: my pencil case, shaving my head for cancer (RIP Alan), and i suppose you could say i am proud of my ambitions to go to a prestigious drama school-(RADA or Guildhall)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuraf)
    my background I'm from a country called Afghanistan. I hate when people put there ethnicities first, I take pride in being Afghan then being Uzbek but I think the countries name should change to ariana or khorasan
    I've been to Uzbekistan. Twice. A long time ago. Funny that. Everything I've ever done seems to have been a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    I'm proud of getting into vet school, especially after all of the challenges of last year which seemed insurmountable at the time. I'm proud of my ability to look after myself at difficult times. Above all, I'm exceptionally fortunate to know many amazing people that have changed my life for the better. I am proud to call them my friends, and I'm incredibly proud of all of their achievements
    I think I'd liked to have been a vet. Only myself to blame for not being one. I should have worked harder at school.

I envy you. In a good way, not a malicious one.

ReputationRep:
    I have literally never done anything in my life that I can be justifiably proud of I don't think.

So I've been trying to think of something I could do in the future that could make me proud.

But what could it be? Giving money to charity is too easy so nope.

I have a dodgy knee so can't run a marathon.

I'm far too unpunctual so can't do charity work.

I don't want children so that's out.

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming attempting to give the kiss of life to a dying squirrel doesn't count?

(I was 13 )
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Howard)
    I think I'd liked to have been a vet. Only myself to blame for not being one. I should have worked harder at school.

I envy you. In a good way, not a malicious one.
    Thank you It was hard work to get in (and continues to be!), but it will all be worth it in the end . What are you doing now? You know if you were serious about being a vet it's never too late. There are loads of graduates and mature students at my college. Not everyone takes the most obvious route to get in here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Thank you It was hard work to get in (and continues to be!), but it will all be worth it in the end . What are you doing now? You know if you were serious about being a vet it's never too late. There are loads of graduates and mature students at my college. Not everyone takes the most obvious route to get in here
    I ended up a Chartered Surveyor. Not a complete career disaster but I'm sure I'd rather have ben a vet. I'm a bit long in the tooth now and have kids and a mortgage to pay so I've left it too late. Never mind. Maybe in my next life!

ReputationRep:
    After a somewhat difficult ride so far - battling with depression and a whole mash up of social anxiety, suicide attempts, trust issues, leaving an abusive home etc etc etc....

I finally decided to go an have a full psychological examination (should have had this years ago). I have dyspraxia, Irlen syndrome and a mild form of Aspergers syndrome.

It all kind of sucked when I found out but I am proud that I have gotten to a point in my life where I could gain enough trust and confidence in myself and others to go and have these tests done.

Onwards and upwards!

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud of being able to teach myself how to speak and (sort of) read Japanese.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.