Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did okay at AS, failing at A2. Need to live up to my uni offers. What should I do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ngl this is me all over except I spend my time drinking and partying like an idiot :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pochoze)
    So I do Maths, Physics and Biology. I completely sympathize with you on Maths because it's a pain. AS was much better for me, although Mechanics was a C (that's why I had a B overall). C4 is pretty terrible with all the differentiation, but I missed a fundamental part of C3 differentiation and integration and it keeps coming back to haunt me. Whatever I do I must completely go over C3 to exterminate this knowledge gap.
    Yeah same with me for maths, although my mechanics grade was drastically worse (I got a U )but I still got a B overall, but was only 6 damn UMS off of an A overall at AS - so I'd resitting M1, which seems slightly easier now that we're doing M2 which is sheer hell

ReputationRep:
    So I did very well in my GCSEs, was predicted
    It's been difficult keeping up because I have boring teachers, slipped behind on homework and slipped behind in class. I absorb nothing in my dull classes. I spend most free periods hanging out with friends and always leave sixth form early.
    Now do the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    Hi did you revise alot for AS. I;m failing as right now

ReputationRep:
    Your title rhymes!!! xx Don't give up, it'll all come together in the end. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: Maths, English Language, English Lit, Triple Science, Geography, History, French, Astronomy, Law. I got 8 As (at everything listed up to French), 2 Bs (French and Astronomy) and one C in Law which I sat externally in year 9.

AS Level: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Got BBBD with the D in Chemistry.

A2: Maths, Physics, Biology.

Good luck with your GCSEs.
    Good luck with your A-Levels.You seem to be able since you got 3 B's in facilitating subjects.
    I wish you the very best.Always strive,and you shall prosper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterDebator)
    Hi did you revise alot for AS. I;m failing as right now
    Short answer: yes.

Long answer: I started year 12 really keen and consolidated lessons every day. I stopped being keen after a while but still kept more or less on top of things. I remember I often went to maths study club with all the struggling students, even when I got 100% in a test and was moved up to top set, because I realized maths grades rely on pure practice. My good mock grades were because I did loads of past papers. I tried the same for the real exams but I didn't smash the As like I thought I would.

Conclusion: work hard but work smart. The last thing you want is a nasty surprise on results day. Do past papers, learn the exam technique inside out and make sure you know what revision style suits each subject. Go to study sessions and harass teachers to reteach you topics if you didn't learn anything.

ReputationRep:
    True, but let's it face it, doing well despite terrible teachers is easier said than done.
    It's very possible; I had some and was still able to achieve higher grades than expected It's all about putting in the effort and sticking to it - there's no easy way around it

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.