Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    I see Cameron has his priorities set straight. Put on your suit and tie, sing the national anthem and everything will be okay! ****ing brainwashed.
    :rofl: That's what I thought!

ReputationRep:
    Notice it's always the lefties getting all uptight?

Tories should be careful, if Corbyn ever gets in they'll get an express ticket to the nearest gulag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Being a miserable, uptight, bore is out of touch? Maybe you're the one out of touch.
    But that's not the real reason is it? If it was a Labour MP saying this to Cameron, I seriously doubt you'd have a problem with it.
    It's the predictability of the target, and the fact the entire media is always on the back of anyone who doesn't fall within the consensus, that's why politics is so frustrating for anyone who thinks differently, no-one like Cameron is ever given a hard time, only a pretty easy passage and no little sycophancy. The minute anyone comes along who represents an iota of difference from every establishment viewpoint, they are pilloried by media and parliament. Farage, Galloway, Corbyn etc. A nobel prize winning economist has backed Corbyn, Farage has many sensible arguments to make grounded in fact, Galloway was so right about Iraq and their lies, not to mention diplomats and experts on the area, but don't let truth get in the way, or don't give a voice to anyone who thinks differently. People are sick of being told what to think, politics is supposed to be both representative and democratic and we don't have that, we have a media and political class in cahoots browbeating people into what to think endlessly, and continually representing a version of reality which is not in tune with people in this country, doesn't represent their democratic wishes and is fundamentally, stubbornly patronising and convinced of it's superiority. The fact that Corbyn still remains and the referendum is here show at least some light at the need of the tunnel, they have waken, just a tiny bit , to the fact that people are truly sick of them and will no longer be ignored or told what to think. Yes I have digressed, but this is about more than just Corbyn, it's how he's treated and more, and what gets approval over and over. The people sick of media and political classes are now no longer accepting this, so however they pray, the causes raised by non establishment figures are gaining traction. Finally we are getting some of what a democracy is supposed to be-we will get more if we leave the EU, too. The people WILL know best, and they will show these useless, corrupt charlatans with their patronising view that they DO NOT.

K thanks bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    It's the predictability of the target, and the fact the entire media is always on the back of anyone who doesn't fall within the consensus, that's why politics is so frustrating for anyone who thinks differently, no-one like Cameron is ever given a hard time, only a pretty easy passage and no little sycophancy. The minute anyone comes along who represents an iota of difference from every establishment viewpoint, they are pilloried by media and parliament. Farage, Galloway, Corbyn etc. A nobel prize winning economist has backed Corbyn, Farage has many sensible arguments to make grounded in fact, Galloway was so right about Iraq and their lies, not to mention diplomats and experts on the area, but don't let truth get in the way, or don't give a voice to anyone who thinks differently. People are sick of being told what to think, politics is supposed to be both representative and democratic and we don't have that, we have a media and political class in cahoots browbeating people into what to think endlessly, and continually representing a version of reality which is not in tune with people in this country, doesn't represent their democratic wishes and is fundamentally, stubbornly patronising and convinced of it's superiority. The fact that Corbyn still remains and the referendum is here show at least some light at the need of the tunnel, they have waken, just a tiny bit , to the fact that people are truly sick of them and will no longer be ignored or told what to think. Yes I have digressed, but this is about more than just Corbyn, it's how he's treated and more, and what gets approval over and over. The people sick of media and political classes are now no longer accepting this, so however they pray, the causes raised by non establishment figures are gaining traction. Finally we are getting some of what a democracy is supposed to be-we will get more if we leave the EU, too. The people WILL no best, and they will show these useless, corrupt charlatans with their patronising view that they DO NOT.

K thanks bye.
    I don't disagree with anything you're saying. At all.

ReputationRep:
    top quality banter there, rate it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It was pretty funny though. Jezza is a walking catastrophe, what do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    For a world leader to be making a playground jibe like that... quite sad.

Though in fairness, I did giggle a bit.

ReputationRep:
    This is the kind of behaviour you'd be unimpressed at from a bunch of Year 7's.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn is an absolutely vile man, even by the standards of the political left who have made careers out of the culture of entitlement and victimhood. Corbyn, friends with Hamas, the Argenine regime and the IRA, is a traitor to the country and not worthy of calling himself a "man". He is a *****, an emasculated pathetic runt who will ally with any evil forces that share his hatred for individual freedom.

ReputationRep:
    It's not even that funny really, it's maybe worth a little snigger but they were actually in hysterics.

Politics is so sad really.

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty good banter...

But also essentially bullying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnyb99)
    Corbyn is an absolutely vile man, even by the standards of the political left who have made careers out of the culture of entitlement and victimhood. Corbyn, friends with Hamas, the Argenine regime and the IRA, is a traitor to the country and not worthy of calling himself a "man". He is a *****, an emasculated pathetic runt who will ally with any evil forces that share his hatred for individual freedom.
    Tosh.

ReputationRep:
    Even the guy behind him was smiling

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george-90)
    Just a bunch of cackling backbenchers with less influence than a stuffed olive. Corbyn can be owned with simple logic and a GCSE economics textbook.
    You obviously don't understand economics yourself, if you don't realise that there are multiple, equally valid stances, which can be taken on economics.

Just because Corbyn's economics isn't as capitalist as you may want it to be, doesn't invalidate it, in fact, if you knew your economic history, you would know that the period of greatest success for capitalism was when it was most like Corbyn's economics. Of course I am referring to the Golden age of capitalism, which was to a great extent brought about by the work of John Maynard Keynes, whose school of Economic thought, based on demand side policy such as investment and increased expenditure, is what Corbyn chooses to follow.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    It shows just how out of touch these people are if they find that so hilariously funny...
    Except it it?

For having a joke that are out of touch, if they were dead and completely humourless they editor be out of touch, in fact, even if they were perfectly in touch because "out of touch" is just a code for "I don't like what they're doing in this instance"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    lmfao

Sorry, for a moment I thought that was my Year 8 class. Then I remembered that my Year 8 class was more mature.

ReputationRep:
    What is the UK's education system doing that it churns out humourless, po-faced in these quantities. Surely, no matter which side of the political fence you sit, you can see and enjoy the humour in this exchange. Anyone saying there is no place for humour in politics should be forced to spend the rest of their life without smiling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Except it it?

For having a joke that are out of touch, if they were dead and completely humourless they editor be out of touch, in fact, even if they were perfectly in touch because "out of touch" is just a code for "I don't like what they're doing in this instance"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They did laugh way too long at that joke. Like, awkwardly long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    This is the kind of behaviour you'd be unimpressed at from a bunch of Year 7's.
    No, I'd be impressed then high five them.

ReputationRep:
    acupofgreentea

RIP 420 BC

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.