Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Non-target university: 3 SW offers and 1 first year summer offer - AMA Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CAulet567)
    Instead of being bitter over the fact you were only able to get one interview for a FO SW (albeit Goldman), you should utilise the fact that somebody who has had more success than you in gaining interviews and offers is going out of their way to help you and other people. He/she doesn't have to use their time doing this so instead of trying to put them down, show some decency.
    This ^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breakingbank)
    Hi, I was asked to do an AMA thread on here about me receiving offers from a non-target university.

Grades: GCSEs were not good and neither were my a levels hence why I ended up at a non-target.

ECs: I did not want grades to be the reason why I didn't land offers so I went to multiple networking and insight days with various investment banks and worked extremely hard on my applications. I also did volunteer work during university and joined various societies.

In the end I managed to receive multiple interviews and landed 3 SW offers in IBD and a first year summer internship offer in commercial and corporate banking.

So yeah, glad I made the first step, and hopefully can continue the hard work to receive what really matters, a penultimate year summer internship.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!
    May i ask which bank the summer internship is for? I didn't know any banks offered summer internships for first year students, or is this like a one off special case sort of thing that you got through networking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economistician)
    May i ask which bank the summer internship is for? I didn't know any banks offered summer internships for first year students, or is this like a one off special case sort of thing that you got through networking?
    There's quite a few banks which do first year summers, feel free to PM me if you wanna know which ones and the one im doing it in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAulet567)
    Instead of being bitter over the fact you were only able to get one interview for a FO SW (albeit Goldman), you should utilise the fact that somebody who has had more success than you in gaining interviews and offers is going out of their way to help you and other people. He/she doesn't have to use their time doing this so instead of trying to put them down, show some decency.
    I was more so alluding to the fact he wants to humble brag yet at the same time not dox himself. and did you really just use bitter in the same sentence as goldman sachs lol

ReputationRep:
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wasteman shoes)
    I was more so alluding to the fact he wants to humble brag yet at the same time not dox himself. and did you really just use bitter in the same sentence as goldman sachs lol
    in that case really anyone doing an ama is (in some perspective) bragging about something

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.