Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sister of slain Muslim student challenges Donald Trump after 'pig blood' comments Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you disapprove of Trump's suggestion then??

Why not execute terrorists in bullets dripping with pig's blood?

It demonstrates a fitting contempt for their ridiculous belief system AND is instantaneous and humane, demonstrating the superiority of ours.

A great idea, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JezWeCan!)

It demonstrates a fitting contempt for their ridiculous belief system AND is instantaneous and humane, demonstrating the superiority of ours.

A great idea, no?
    What you have just raised there isn't the main point of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    wonder how much trump paid her to make these (stupid) comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JezWeCan!)

A great idea, no?
    What an excellent way to completely miss the point of the thread. You and that other guy who seemingly are missing brain cells are astounding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    What an excellent way to completely miss the point of the thread. You and that other guy who seemingly are missing brain cells are astounding.
    If this woman wants to "challenge" a comment made by Trump then the substance of the comment itself is obviously relevant to the thread.

For you to criticise someone as lacking brain cells is a trifle risky. People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and all that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I'm going to break this down for you, make it nice and simple.

Islamist terrorists are not the biggest threat in the US, however they are deemed the biggest threat by the public. This makes it good topic to bring up when trying to win presidency because it is what the people want to hear, you are tackling their fears. See 9/11 for why the US are so worried about Islamists.

The reason he brought up Islamists with this punishment is because as I understand it if a Muslim consumes or has pig in their body they will not go to Heaven (or whatever they call it).

Her relatives were not part of a mass killing, in fact her relatives were the only ones to be killed in the incident by Craig Hicks. The shooting was allegedly triggered by a parking dispute, where the siblings kept taking Mr Hicks car parking space. For this to be a terrorist incident it would need to be religiously or politically motivated, not parking motivated.

Does that clear things up for you?
    OMG... this is ridiculous, I understand that the women's comment may seem (to some people) as weakening her argument, I GET THAT BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so this is what I'm trying to say (I'm going to make it nice and easy for everyone to understand):
    I know that islamists terrorism causes fear in some Americans especially since the September the 11th attacks........ However gun crime is one many other bigger threats in America that has killed WAAAAAY more people (unfortunately that women's relatives are one of too many examples ;-) ). Long story short it seems like she disagrees with such a punishment ( shock! horror! #exaggeration). And she is using her emotional experiences to advocate her belief.

Secondly it almost seems like that some Americans are too incompetent to realise that are bigger problems in their society. Honestly, they could be the perfect fit for the supposedly outdated hypodermic syringe model.
    What Im trying to get at is, why on earth would you vote for someone who doesn't focus on all the threats and problems within their country. This person is going to be the most powerful President in the world. You would be a bit of an Idiot to vote in someone who ignores many other issues.
    Donald Trump isn't going to make America Great again by doing F*** all when it comes to gun crime and focusing all his energy into supposedly tackling terrorism.

Thirdly lets come onto the punishment itself.
    Firstly as far as I know Muslims believe in God AND judgement day (shock ,horror #hyperbole). Believe it or not that means Muslims believe that God will make the decision to what will happen to everyone's souls in the afterlife (shock, horror #exaggeration). That decision isn't just going to depend on whether they have pigs blood in their body or not - so that's Donald Trumps silly little exited delirium statement and belief down the toilet.
    Also does he honestly need to stoop to such low standards, honestly why should he show America to be stuck in the dark ages? Why not SHOW a little bit of professionalism? what's wrong with the (generally considered) humane method of long rope public hangings? does he want to show the rest of the world that he has a similar mindset as the terrorist?
    And ....................DOES HE REALISE HE IS GIVING THE TERRORISTS THE PROPAGANDA AND MOTIVATION THEY WANT TO ATTACK AMERICA AND RECRUIT MORE TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!????????????? ?????
    he is almost informally advocating more terrorism in that sense.
    Also, the reason why I considered that shooting terrorism is because the murderer instilled fear in his society and reinstalled fear in some people across the US that gun crime really is a massive problem in the USA, instilling fear in someone is the very definition of terror.

does this clear the misconception up?

ReputationRep:
    He says he wants to punch protesters in the face
    He says Muslims should be banned
    He says women bleed from her whatever [made comment to a newsreader?]
    He says Mexicans are criminals

THIS animal is loved and has won 4 states? this is what the stupid people of USA LOVE? wtf is going on. If anybody else made such comments they'd be uproar yet this **** is applauded and encouraged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    He says he wants to punch protesters in the face
    He says Muslims should be banned
    He says women bleed from her whatever [made comment to a newsreader?]
    He says Mexicans are criminals

THIS animal is loved and has won 4 states? this is what the stupid people of USA LOVE? wtf is going on. If anybody else made such comments they'd be uproar yet this **** is applauded and encouraged.
    He is loved because he will, unlike his predecessors, bring change to the US and he speaks his mind. I don't like the guy much myself and I'm not a supporter but you have to admit he's not much of a hypocrite compared other politicians. Nowadays politicians are all talk and no action. He doesn't even need this job since he's a multi-billionaire but he wants to be president because he's passionate about it. May I also remind you he isn't a puppet like other presidents and he will actually do what he says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713Wave)
    OMG... this is ridiculous,

No firstly he's talking about terrorists not Americans involved in gun crime.

Secondly if it makes no difference to god then it's not really an issue is it as terrorists will still be killed

Thirdly terrorists will use any excuse so it doesn't matter that it might be used as an excuse.

At the end of the day she made a stupid argument and has rightly been told this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnomes&Knights)
    He is loved because he will, unlike his predecessors, bring change to the US and he speaks his mind. I don't like the guy much myself and I'm not a supporter but you have to admit he's not much of a hypocrite compared other politicians. Nowadays politicians are all talk and no action. He doesn't even need this job since he's a multi-billionaire but he wants to be president because he's passionate about it. May I also remind you he isn't a puppet like other presidents and he will actually do what he says.
    Exactly. Unlike the others, he doesn't have his PR team's instructions hardwired into his skull before he comes out with an opinion. Hilary for example is the absolute worst for this which is why nobody cares what she thinks about anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713Wave)
    OMG... this is ridiculous, I understand that the women's comment may seem (to some people) as weakening her argument, I GET THAT BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so this is what I'm trying to say (I'm going to make it nice and easy for everyone to understand):
    I know that islamists terrorism causes fear in some Americans especially since the September the 11th attacks........ However gun crime is one many other bigger threats in America that has killed WAAAAAY more people (unfortunately that women's relatives are one of too many examples ;-) ). Long story short it seems like she disagrees with such a punishment ( shock! horror! #exaggeration). And she is using her emotional experiences to advocate her belief.

Secondly it almost seems like that some Americans are too incompetent to realise that are bigger problems in their society. Honestly, they could be the perfect fit for the supposedly outdated hypodermic syringe model.
    What Im trying to get at is, why on earth would you vote for someone who doesn't focus on all the threats and problems within their country. This person is going to be the most powerful President in the world. You would be a bit of an Idiot to vote in someone who ignores many other issues.
    Donald Trump isn't going to make America Great again by doing F*** all when it comes to gun crime and focusing all his energy into supposedly tackling terrorism.

Thirdly lets come onto the punishment itself.
    Firstly as far as I know Muslims believe in God AND judgement day (shock ,horror #hyperbole). Believe it or not that means Muslims believe that God will make the decision to what will happen to everyone's souls in the afterlife (shock, horror #exaggeration). That decision isn't just going to depend on whether they have pigs blood in their body or not - so that's Donald Trumps silly little exited delirium statement and belief down the toilet.
    Also does he honestly need to stoop to such low standards, honestly why should he show America to be stuck in the dark ages? Why not SHOW a little bit of professionalism? what's wrong with the (generally considered) humane method of long rope public hangings? does he want to show the rest of the world that he has a similar mindset as the terrorist?
    And ....................DOES HE REALISE HE IS GIVING THE TERRORISTS THE PROPAGANDA AND MOTIVATION THEY WANT TO ATTACK AMERICA AND RECRUIT MORE TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!????????????? ?????
    he is almost informally advocating more terrorism in that sense.
    Also, the reason why I considered that shooting terrorism is because the murderer instilled fear in his society and reinstalled fear in some people across the US that gun crime really is a massive problem in the USA, instilling fear in someone is the very definition of terror.

Wow, you really need to:

i) understand what the definition of terrorism is. You've made it abundantly clear that you haven't got a clue at the moment

ii) realise that Trump has actually said things that aren't about terrorism. Also by the sounds of it you might actually like his relatively non-interventionist foreign policy, which is in stark contract to Hilary's who has always been on that war time. Your weird narrative that he is trying to make America great again by just talking about terrorism is very inaccurate and just makes you look like a pleb.

iii) finally grasp what people are saying to you in this thread. If the NC victims are not terrorists, then what does Trump's idea about the bullets have to do with them? She looks like a blithering retard for bringing it up and you somehow don't seem to get why.

That aside, I'd like to pull you up on one of your main points, which is nothing short of shifting the blame from terrorists and is frankly disgusting. If there is anybody who is the type of person who would be inspired to become a terrorist from anything someone like Donald Trump says or does then they'd deserve a bacon bullet anyway. Stop making excuses for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Wow, you really need to:

i) understand what the definition of terrorism is. You've made it abundantly clear that you haven't got a clue at the moment

ii) realise that Trump has actually said things that aren't about terrorism. Also by the sounds of it you might actually like his relatively non-interventionist foreign policy, which is in stark contract to Hilary's who has always been on that war time. Your weird narrative that he is trying to make America great again by just talking about terrorism is very inaccurate and just makes you look like a pleb.

iii) finally grasp what people are saying to you in this thread. If the NC victims are not terrorists, then what does Trump's idea about the bullets have to do with them? She looks like a blithering retard for bringing it up and you somehow don't seem to get why.

That aside, I'd like to pull you up on one of your main points, which is nothing short of shifting the blame from terrorists and is frankly disgusting. If there is anybody who is the type of person who would be inspired to become a terrorist from anything someone like Donald Trump says or does then they'd deserve a bacon bullet anyway. Stop making excuses for them.
    PRSOM.

Thanks for covering those points, I couldn't find the effort to reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Exactly. Unlike the others, he doesn't have his PR team's instructions hardwired into his skull before he comes out with an opinion. Hilary for example is the absolute worst for this which is why nobody cares what she thinks about anything.
    Seriously?
    If someone so much as questions Israel's actions you're the first to hurl out the 'antisemitism' accusations, yet when someone wants to ban all Muslims from a country, you have no problem with that.

Double standards to say the least but I expect nothing more from you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    when someone wants to ban all Muslims from a country,
    Who said that?

ReputationRep:
    What is she hoping to achieve?

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Why does everyone always appeal to 'freedom of speech', whether or not it has anything to do with the argument whatsoever? :shakecane:
    Because they are idiots.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.