The Student Room Group

David Cameron shows his true colours in PMQs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dinasaurus
It was in response to a Labour jibe at him.

Angela Eagle said 'what would your mother say?'- regarding the NHS- Cameron answered by mocking Corbyn's suit and tie. I think it's obvious which side came off worse.
Reply 21
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
A jibe? The witticism was too finely polished, too rehearsed to be in response to a genuine jibe. I doubt you'll catch anyone on the recording saying anything of that nature from the Labour benches.

I suggest you look at Hansard.
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201516/cmhansrd/cm160224/debtext/160224-0001.htm#16022449000007

Jeremy Corbyn: We all want a strong and successful NHS, but that will not be achieved by provoking industrial action, misrepresenting research or failing to get a grip on the cost of agency staff in the NHS, which now amounts to £4 billion. Indeed, the Prime Minister’s own local NHS trust has overspent on staffing costs by £11 million this year, yet has managed to spend £30 million on agency staff. Will the chair of the Oxford anti-austerity campaign be writing another letter to himself on behalf of his constituents, asking for the Health Secretary to intervene to support his local NHS?

The Prime Minister: I am very proud of the NHS in Oxfordshire and everyone who works in it. Having met the head of the Oxford Radcliffe trust recently, I know that he supports the move towards more seven-day services. That is absolutely vital.

Carolyn Harris (Swansea East) (Lab): Ask your mother!

The Prime Minister: Ask my mother? I know what my mother would say. She would look across the Dispatch Box and say, “Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem.”

https://youtu.be/VEI2wAnoIec?t=8m1s (Corbyn's bit starts after David Cameron's speaking)

It wasn't particularly polished, it was the best he could do in response to a 'your mum' joke.
(edited 8 years ago)
Is this still newsworthy?
Original post by Serine Soul
From Twitter

IMG_20160225_164911.jpg

So being well educated and well dressed is a bad thing now? :rofl:
Original post by Knowing Smile
So being well educated and well dressed is a bad thing now? :rofl:

I don't think that was the message behind the pic
Original post by JoeTSR
I suggest you look at Hansard.
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201516/cmhansrd/cm160224/debtext/160224-0001.htm#16022449000007

https://youtu.be/VEI2wAnoIec?t=8m1s (Corbyn's bit starts after David Cameron's speaking)

It wasn't particularly polished, it was the best he could do in response to a 'your mum' joke.

Touché.It was nevertheless polished and precipitous; as if he had the riposte stored as a stock phrase in his mind, just waiting to be unleashed.
Reply 26
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Touché.It was nevertheless polished and precipitous; as if he had the riposte stored as a stock phrase in his mind, just waiting to be unleashed.

Yeah, I think he'd probably stored that one (as PM you've got to have a few retorts up your sleeve), though it wasn't the wittiest comment ever, could have been used in a better situation.
Original post by JordanL_
And David Cameron stuck his **** in a pig's mouth, but it's not appropriate or professional to shout it at PMQs.

Still waiting for the pictures

Original post by thunder_chunky
It's pretty childish at times which is one reason why I stopped watching PMQS. That and my ******** detector kept on overheating.

Some comment was expected so a response was prepared.

Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Don't talk about NHS. Talk about Corbyn's suit.

Also defines the SNP asked almost any question and what do they say "WESTMINSTER IS EVIL AND IS STOPPING US EVEN THOUGH THEY GAVE US THE POWER TO DO SOMETHING!!!"
Reply 28
Cameron is confused because he doesn't understand the concept of "a man of principle`'.

"Surely it's supposed to be style over substance, old chap?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending