Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeaWolf)
    Received offers for Falmouth earlier today so now just have to choose between the two. For photography NUA definitely seems a lot more commercial based than Falmouth and it's Creative Skillset accredited which sounds good, the reputation and facilities at Falmouth are pretty amazing though so I'm really torn between them. Plus cornish pasties are yummy.
    i think they're both creative skillset ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsomaurice)
    i think they're both creative skillset ahaha
    No, just NUA is. The courses seem very different to each other despite both being Photography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeaWolf)
    No, just NUA is. The courses seem very different to each other despite both being Photography.
    I was talking about the film course, sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Congratulations to everyone holding an offer! We'll have lots of opportunities here and elsewhere to answer your questions, tell you more about our creative community and living in Norwich and encouraging you to get acquainted before term starts in September.

A couple of you have asked about a Facebook group, there is one set up for you. More details has been posted to you alongside our latest edition of Flint, our hot-off-the-press community publication. Let us know what you think of it when you receive it!

Lou
    Marketing and Recruitment Team

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone applying for the fashion promotion and communication course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathzeta10)
    I have applied and received an offer for that course at nua really excited to start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JXSSKATE)
    I have applied and received an offer for that course at nua really excited to start
    thats great! congratulations!
    are you from norwich? and how did you find the interview?

ReputationRep:
    thats great! congratulations!
    are you from norwich? and how did you find the interview?
    No I'm from the East Midlands I think part of the fun of going to uni is moving away and Norwich seems like a great place to move away for the first time in I found the interview pretty chilled out I had mine with the course leader she asked me questions like why I wanted to study there and what inspired me none of the questions were too hard to answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabbles)
    I got unconditionals from Brighton and ARU as well, but I firmed Norwich straight away just because I like the city vibe and the uni and the accommodation look so modern and fresh haha. Went walking around the marketplace on my interview day and ended up down some street eating a nutella and marscarpone toastie so I'm pretty happy.
    I haven't heard of anyone who has firmed Norwich. I have also firmed Norwich, I'm really excited!

ReputationRep:
    Not the same as you, but I am starting the BA Fashion course in September

ReputationRep:
    No I'm from the East Midlands I think part of the fun of going to uni is moving away and Norwich seems like a great place to move away for the first time in I found the interview pretty chilled out I had mine with the course leader she asked me questions like why I wanted to study there and what inspired me none of the questions were too hard to answer
    i'm from London and i get what you mean. i still haven't had my interview yet so im just nervous and asking around. i hope mine goes as good as yours do you think you'll go to nua? its my first choice but my interview will be the first time going there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emros)
    Not the same as you, but I am starting the BA Fashion course in September
    thats great, congratulations! and ive see you're firmed nua as well. was it everything you though it'd be? and have you applied for accommodation yet? i hope there's place left after i have my interview cause all saints green looks amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabbles)
    I got unconditionals from Brighton and ARU as well, but I firmed Norwich straight away just because I like the city vibe and the uni and the accommodation look so modern and fresh haha. Went walking around the marketplace on my interview day and ended up down some street eating a nutella and marscarpone toastie so I'm pretty happy.
    which accommodation did you have a look at? i like the look of all saints green.

ReputationRep:
    i'm from London and i get what you mean. i still haven't had my interview yet so im just nervous and asking around. i hope mine goes as good as yours do you think you'll go to nua? its my first choice but my interview will be the first time going there.
    I've firmed NUA and got an unconditional so I am definitely going really excited!

ReputationRep:
    thats great, congratulations! and ive see you're firmed nua as well. was it everything you though it'd be? and have you applied for accommodation yet? i hope there's place left after i have my interview cause all saints green looks amazing.
    If I'm honest, I have friends who visited Norwich and did not like it, they applied for fashion communication and once they had their interview they chose not to go. I have a feeling it's because Norwich does not have the student life that caters to them (lots of clubs etc.) However when I went to Norwich I fell in love with the university, the community, the facilities, the area, it was perfect for me! Plus my interview went really well, the best one I had. Also do not worry, applications for accommodation aren't available until April, not sure which of the halls I want to go to yet, they all seem real good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emros)
    If I'm honest, I have friends who visited Norwich and did not like it, they applied for fashion communication and once they had their interview they chose not to go. I have a feeling it's because Norwich does not have the student life that caters to them (lots of clubs etc.) However when I went to Norwich I fell in love with the university, the community, the facilities, the area, it was perfect for me! Plus my interview went really well, the best one I had. Also do not worry, applications for accommodation aren't available until April, not sure which of the halls I want to go to yet, they all seem real good!
    im on the fence about norwich for that same reason but also because its an arts school and not a 'university', if you get what i mean? i want the whole uni experience.
    im glad they offer accomodation late all the other places ive applied to have opened there's now so im just worried that if norwich doesn't work out ill have nowhere to stay

ReputationRep:
    im on the fence about norwich for that same reason but also because its an arts school and not a 'university', if you get what i mean? i want the whole uni experience.
    im glad they offer accomodation late all the other places ive applied to have opened there's now so im just worried that if norwich doesn't work out ill have nowhere to stay
    I was on the fence for the same reason but its not like NUA is the only uni in Norwich there is also UEA which is much bigger and a few others so there is a fairly big student population and there are more clubs and pubs in norwich than people realise, it obviously won't be like manchester or london but I'm not that worried

ReputationRep:
    I was on the fence for the same reason but its not like NUA is the only uni in Norwich there is also UEA which is much bigger and a few others so there is a fairly big student population and there are more clubs and pubs in norwich than people realise, it obviously won't be like manchester or london but I'm not that worried
    If anything my brother has been studying film at NUA for 3 years and hes always had really great nightlife! Like you said there is more to Norwich than people think. Im excited !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emros)
    If anything my brother has been studying film at NUA for 3 years and hes always had really great nightlife! Like you said there is more to Norwich than people think. Im excited !
    hey
    and what about the course? Pros and cons in his opinion?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TeaWolf;63105399]Received offers for Falmouth earlier today so now just have to choose between the two. For photography NUA definitely seems a lot more commercial based than Falmouth and it's Creative Skillset accredited which sounds good, the reputation and facilities at Falmouth are pretty amazing though so I'm really torn between them. Plus cornish pasties are yummy.[/QUOT

I'm trying to decide between these two places aswell, any luck??

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.