Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    20 and never been kissed.

(Original post by librarygirl)
    Doesn't mean anything. I had my first and only boyfriend from 18 all the way through uni, broke up at graduation, and now I've been single for 3 years. There will be plenty of opportunities just to grab and kiss someone at practically any night out if that's what you're worried about.
    Haha this reminded of my situation. 17, never been kissed before until a party last month when I kissed a stranger while drinking.
    If the OP really want to kiss someone, do this.

ReputationRep:
    Yep you will find someone at uni. You have awesome years to come, look forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    I'm 19 and never been kissed either.

I remember at a party once, it was me and some girl on a couch and a bunch of others on the other couch making out. The girl next to me said "ha, look at them kissing and look at us", I thought she was just pointing it out and I said "haha yeeah" then nothing happened after. Didn't find out what she meant until a few months later.
    Relatable post. Had a girl I found attractive ask me out slyly when I was 17 and I treated it as a joke. Im now 20 and have still never been on a date but ive deliberately rejected the advances of about three girls since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJSS)
    Relatable post. Had a girl I found attractive ask me out slyly when I was 17 and I treated it as a joke. Im now 20 and have still never been on a date but ive deliberately rejected the advances of about three girls since.
    Same here when i was 17.

A girl asked me what my type of girl was and I thought it was a joke and I said "hairy nigerian midgets". She was like "oh", a year or 2 later I started chasing her and she rejected me.

But I gotta stop looking back and thinking about situations I coulda fixed.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nope, it's not weird that you feel weird about it. That's normal.

That's not weird at all. My boyfriend was 18 when I met him and I was his first kiss but he was the second person I kissed. I wish I didn't kiss the first guy but ahh well. The truth is that most first kisses are a tad awkward but it's usually a funny story to tell later to your friends. Don't feel rushed, just take things at your own pace

ReputationRep:
    Should have clarified, kissing/pulling on a night out can be ok (or terrible if all you are doing is trying not to fall over). If you want a great kiss, find someone you actually want to go out with. That and everything else that follows is usually a hundred times better than just going for anyone!

Don't worry, it'll all come soon enough, and you'll have more important things to worry about than kissing.

ReputationRep:
    same here really inbox me

ReputationRep:
    It means you're virus free.

ReputationRep:
    Totally normal. Three of my closest friends at uni hadn't kissed anyone when they started, two of them still haven't, and one of my friends back home hasn't either. So it's really not weird.

ReputationRep:
    Had my first kiss at 15 (guy here) and basically you will 99.9% kiss someone at house party, drink sesh etc. When sober it can be awkward af trying to even talk to someone you like so with a party theres a bunch of people, all with the same goal (get drunk) and also when you do get a good drink in you it loosen the tension and talking to anyone just seems so easy. Alcohol or whatever your taking lol breaks that awkward barrier.

But OP your saying your a girl and your starting uni, in my experience uni is the place to do basically anything you can think of (sex, relationships, mega drinking, drugs) (Had my fair share of both high school house parties, uni student dorm parties and clubbing)

So OP you've never kissed anyone? So have probably many people (everyone has their life situations) but trust me if you hit up a club or a house party you can definitely change that.

Good luck I guess? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do anything, even kiss, until I was 20 it's completely normal, and it also means you haven't wasted your first kiss on some random **** :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Also can I also add, few girls I have met had never kiss anyone before and I ended up being their first. Some told me straight up and some lied (they were ashamed) but kissing them you can tell who has or hasnt kissed before (lol) but I never made fun or laughed at a girl, I would say to them like 'Are you sure you've done this before?' Then they would eventually tell the truth (which is totally cool). I would never be forceful towards them or pressure them, just take it easy, slow and just making sure they are enjoying the moment.

However I did laugh a few occasions when the girl actually Thanked me which I found rather funny (she also took it as a joke)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my first kiss at 19, so I can sympathise with you.

I used to constantly beat myself up about it and consider myself destined to be alone, but your time will come - as mine had. As all of the above folk have shown, you're not alone, and it's very common to not have kissed at your age.

Try not to worry about it.

Lol me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr0sr_)
    I had my first kiss at 19, so I can sympathise with you.

I used to constantly beat myself up about it and consider myself destined to be alone, but your time will come - as mine had. As all of the above folk have shown, you're not alone, and it's very common to not have kissed at your age.

Try not to worry about it.
    Not with an attitude like that it won't. Don't expect things to just happen, go out and make them happen. No risk no reward

ReputationRep:
    You'll be okay. You'll live mate. It's better to wait. My first kissed was when I was 14 and it was the weirdest thing ever. It wasn't what I was expecting. His saliva was all over my face 😓. I wish I would've waited longer. It's okay to not have your first kiss, the generation right now just makes it seem that it's not but it definitely is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.