Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taylor.13)
    I feel like doing the exact same haha, and no I'm still waiting to hear back from all my interviews, so this has knocked me, do you have any other offers xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah Salford but it means I have to make sure I get a distinction in my last two essays and it's for Sociology so it's stressing me out, plus LJMU is where I definitely want to go. I think I might email them now...xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the reserve list too! I've emailed them to see how many people are on the reserve list, but it looks like it's quite a few just from looking at this forum. Don't think I've got a chance to be honest! Ahh lol X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanvsfood)
    Omg I've just been told I'm on the reserve list for LJMU. Think I have a chance? Anyone else heard anything?!
    HI, I am also on the reserve list at LJMU, I have emailed to try and find out how many people they keep on the reserve list and where I am ranked but so far I have had no response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paediatric84)
    Has anyone had an interview at Manchester uni and is it just a 1-1 interview?
    Not had it yet but from the information they gave me it is literally welcome talk in the morning and one to one in the afternoon! Have you heard back from them about an interview now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katienursing2015)
    Not had it yet but from the information they gave me it is literally welcome talk in the morning and one to one in the afternoon! Have you heard back from them about an interview now?
    Yes had a nightmare week, the reason I hadn't heard is because my college forgot to send my second reference. Then they sent it with my name wrong and saying I had a pass (which iv not)

Manchester rejected me via ucas. So iv had to fix it. Manchester are overturning it and invited me next Wednesday as they had a cancellation space. They said ucas will update tonight. Xx

ReputationRep:
    Yes had a nightmare week, the reason I hadn't heard is because my college forgot to send my second reference. Then they sent it with my name wrong and saying I had a pass (which iv not)

Manchester rejected me via ucas. So iv had to fix it. Manchester are overturning it and invited me next Wednesday as they had a cancellation space. They said ucas will update tonight. Xx
    That's lucky it's next week! I've got to wait till April! Good luck X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katienursing2015)
    That's lucky it's next week! I've got to wait till April! Good luck X
    Thanks Katie, I will let you know afterwards how it was x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CNurse1)
    HI, I am also on the reserve list at LJMU, I have emailed to try and find out how many people they keep on the reserve list and where I am ranked but so far I have had no response.
    Yeah I've asked too! If you hear back let me know!!! I just wanted in so much 😩 they can't have more reserves than places let's hope some people don't wanna go haha

ReputationRep:
    I've been put on the reserve list too, looks like they put quite a few people on there, really hope they have a lot of free places 😕

ReputationRep:
    Ive been put on the reserve list for ljmu aswell. I wonder how many are on the list?! And also how do they pick who they want! Does anyone else have offers from any other universities? It is just so competative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimi212)
    Ive been put on the reserve list for ljmu aswell. I wonder how many are on the list?! And also how do they pick who they want! Does anyone else have offers from any other universities? It is just so competative
    It's super competitive. I do have another offer so it's not the end of the world for me. I think they will have places offered to a few from reserves soon as a couple of those offers will of gone to people who maybe also have an offer for somewhere else such as edge hill. I think the reserve list may be ranked on interview and numeracy scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanvsfood)
    Yeah I've asked too! If you hear back let me know!!! I just wanted in so much 😩 they can't have more reserves than places let's hope some people don't wanna go haha
    Hi, I have been in contact with LJMU and they said that reserves are not ranked they are just on one list and if a place becomes available they then look at all of the reserves and make a decision. Also it is not there policy to give out any interview scores until this cycle has finished.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    So I can see I`m not the only one which has been put on the reserve list for LJMU
    (Children`s Nursing September 16 Intake) which is a relief I guess...
    However, Just wondering if anyone`s holding off, firming their offers with the possibility of hearing back from LJMU?

It`s just because I already have two offers, though if If I was to hear back from liverpool I would consider it x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie_09)
    Hi guys,
    So I can see I`m not the only one which has been put on the reserve list for LJMU
    (Children`s Nursing September 16 Intake) which is a relief I guess...
    However, Just wondering if anyone`s holding off, firming their offers with the possibility of hearing back from LJMU?

It`s just because I already have two offers, though if If I was to hear back from liverpool I would consider it x
    Hi millie,
    Shortly after finding out i had been placed on ljmu reserves, i interviewed and got into manchester. I also have an offer from uclan. I withdrew from ljmu on ucas and firmed manchester so i am no longer on the reserves at ljmu. Manchester is closer to me though and i really like it, so i didnt feel it would do me any good to wait on ljmu.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for the response!, I`m pretty much in the same situation, I have an offer from UCLAN and also my initial first choice but i`m now just contemplating whether to wait for LJMU. Especially with the afflux of applications Student Finance receive, it makes sense to make decision sooner than later. paediatric84

Appreciate the reply x (Congratulations on your offers)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Katie, I will let you know afterwards how it was x
    Hey I have my child nursing interview at Manchester next week and just wondering what type of questions they asked and what it was like if you don't mind me asking? I'm really nervous!!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, manchester were lovely, it was really laid back. Firstly at 10am everyone gathered in a big room for a talk. All branches of prospective nursing students together. They they ask you to fill in a paper dbs form and then you give it in along with certificates. Then an hour for lunch. After lunch you can ask current students questions whilst waiting for your one to one. The one to one interview was done by two lecturers. They want to know why nursing and why you chose manchester. The interview is very short and sweet. I was poorly on my interview day and wasnt sure i would get an offer, but i did. Are you an access student?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, manchester were lovely, it was really laid back. Firstly at 10am everyone gathered in a big room for a talk. All branches of prospective nursing students together. They they ask you to fill in a paper dbs form and then you give it in along with certificates. Then an hour for lunch. After lunch you can ask current students questions whilst waiting for your one to one. The one to one interview was done by two lecturers. They want to know why nursing and why you chose manchester. The interview is very short and sweet. I was poorly on my interview day and wasnt sure i would get an offer, but i did. Are you an access student?
    Ah that's really helpful thank you and well done!! was there a senario question too or just simple ones? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sec123)
    Ah that's really helpful thank you and well done!! was there a senario question too or just simple ones? X
    There was one scenario, but it was relatively simple, just about the most important skill a nurse needs really. Xx

ReputationRep:
    There was one scenario, but it was relatively simple, just about the most important skill a nurse needs really. Xx
    thanks so much! I've had 2 other interviews and not heard anything yet so hoping this one goes well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.