The Student Room Group

Student Finance for Nurses

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Definitely get on NHSP as soon as you can, I think you need 11 weeks placement experience. I didn't join till mid way through second year but wish it had been earlier.

You get paid weekly as well so it really makes a difference. And it gives you chance to experience areas that you have an interest in or that you haven't managed to get to on placement.

Unfortunately you are not entitled to very much finance as a nursing student, despite the NHS suffering from chronic understaffing. All you can do is run a tight budget but remember to have fun! You'll be too tired to when you qualify!
Original post by amyc123
Definitely get on NHSP as soon as you can, I think you need 11 weeks placement experience. I didn't join till mid way through second year but wish it had been earlier.

You get paid weekly as well so it really makes a difference. And it gives you chance to experience areas that you have an interest in or that you haven't managed to get to on placement.

Unfortunately you are not entitled to very much finance as a nursing student, despite the NHS suffering from chronic understaffing. All you can do is run a tight budget but remember to have fun! You'll be too tired to when you qualify!

Hi! How long did it take you from application to get all sorted by NHSP? I love how its weekly pay - so useful as I'll be living in London so will definitely need it! Do they supply you with a uniform as I haven't seen anything on this on their website? X
Reply 22
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
Hi! How long did it take you from application to get all sorted by NHSP? I love how its weekly pay - so useful as I'll be living in London so will definitely need it! Do they supply you with a uniform as I haven't seen anything on this on their website? X

I applied mid April and I was ready to work at the end of June. But you have to pester them if you feel like it's going too slow!

Yes you get two sets of uniform.
Is anyone married with children?

I'm worried I won't have time to work. Afford the childcare.

And thus I'm worried I won't be able to afford to do the degree.
Reply 24
Original post by TheSecondDegree
Is anyone married with children?

I'm worried I won't have time to work. Afford the childcare.

And thus I'm worried I won't be able to afford to do the degree.

There is extra financial help for childcare and dependants. Have you run the bursary calculator?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending