The Student Room Group

If u had 3 million pound spending money

Scroll to see replies

put 2 million in my savings account and then buy loads of jewellery and makeup

I'd be unsure about donating to charity tbh
Original post by muzi786
What would u spend it on?

I'd try to open a research institute and hope £3 million is enough startup capital.
Original post by benjaminfinch
I'd try to open a research institute and hope £3 million is enough startup capital.

Though I doubt it would be.
Pay for anything parent's still have to pay off. Let them travel the world etc to make up for all the sacrifices they made. Most will go to family.
Anything that's left will go to personal business investments etc and just having a blast really.

Mmm money fs can we not just skip forwards to the point where we're all rich n **** smh
Invest & save 2 million
Give parents 500k and spend the rest on a nice car (audi r8),clothes, holidays and other fancy stuff
Original post by HamzahPatel
Gotta have some cash stockpiled for those 4-way SLI Titans :colone:

Of course! I mean, what better to spend money on, eh? :yep:
Original post by yoda123
Save it for a rainy day

You're gonna save 3 mllion for a "rainy day"? more like for a deluge of biblical proportions.
I guess I'd keep some of the money for university (prob. 200K) and leave the rest to sit. Poss. invest, but more likely just sitting in multiple banks. Maybe in Switzerland :biggrin:

And some money to scientific research - prob. based around global warming.

... If I had the money, being the poor student that I am :wink:
-Buy my mum a house and set aside enough money for her to live comfortably on for the rest of her life.

-Set aside some money for my own house + money for rainy days and money for more university education.

-Sizeable sum to charity.
Independence from my family, and all the things that it entails.
Original post by Hydeman
Independence from my family, and all the things that it entails.

Yes, pretty much this. I'd invest the rest somehow and set aside 100K for shoe, handbags and clothes. :colondollar:
Buy a 800k family home
1.8m in index funds (72k/year from 4% interest, but I'd only take out 10k and leave the rest to compound)
200k ferrari 488 gtb
100k amg G Wagen
20k Patek Phillip watch
Learn to play the piano
(edited 8 years ago)
ferrari, range rover, house with big and soundproof garage, honda motorbike, best pc build, best guitar equipment
Reply 33
Original post by yoda123
Save it for a rainy day

so pretty much everyday...
Original post by drowzee
Yes, pretty much this. I'd invest the rest somehow and set aside 100K for shoe, handbags and clothes. :colondollar:

I'm surprised by how much the female half of this thread seems to want to set aside for clothes, jewellery, handbags, etc. :lol: I mean, I know the stereotype, but £100 000? I probably spend less than 1 percent of that on clothes annually. xD

Spoiler

Original post by loveleest
put 2 million in my savings account

It's probably best to distribute it over a number of savings accounts because you're only guaranteed to be reimbursed to the tune of £75 000 if the bank goes under.

I agree with your point about charity, though. :yes:
Reply 35
Pay off parents mortgage and any other debts they may have.

Put a heavy chunk into a savings account to be able to live comfortably with the interest and job

Rather than giving to charity, i'd buy the equipment hospitals require. Rather the money goes straight to the source rather than a 3rd party which takes off big pieces for admin
I despise these kinds of questions.
keep 1 mill to buy bare things init

put the rest into investments, be rich for long time init
Original post by hihihihihi
Buy a 800k family home
1.8m in index funds (72k/year from 4% interest, but I'd only take out 10k and leave the rest to compound)
200k ferrari 488 gtb
100k amg G Wagen
20k Patek Phillip watch
Learn to play the piano

Which Index? Good luck finding 4% interest on an index fund in 2016.
Original post by Polysexual Nymph
I despise these kinds of questions.

Thats nice. Next time dont bother posting then.

Quick Reply

Latest