Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else up to watch the Oscars? watch

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain the whole Stacey dash thing ASAP...was she mocking black people? I'm aware about the whole BET and black history comments she made but what was the whole point of her two second appearance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Ugh American tv has a ridiculous amount of ad breaks.
    Ad breaks? Is that what you guys call commercials in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    I'm just interested to see how Chris Rock handles the tension
    He's doing extremely well, this ceremony blows 2015 out of the water, he's such a funny guy.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    Can someone explain the whole Stacey dash thing ASAP...was she mocking black people? I'm aware about the whole BET and black history comments she made but what was the whole point of her two second appearance.
    It's satire, she's not mocking them, she's trolling. :p: (It's Sae btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    He's doing extremely well, this ceremony blows 2015 out of the water, he's such a funny guy.

It's satire, she's not mocking them, she's trolling. :p: (It's Sae btw)
    Sae? The user?

Oh ok....i think it was rude and she was rubbing it in the black communities faces. Because she doesn't believe in having black history month and it caused an uproar now she's on stage and says happy history month with a sarcastic smirk. ??????

ReputationRep:
    Sae? The user?

Oh ok....i think it was rude and she was rubbing it in the black communities faces. Because she doesn't believe in having black history month and it caused an uproar now she's on stage and says happy history month with a sarcastic smirk. ??????
    Yeah

Haha no it was definitely planned satire, Chris Rock probably had her say it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I cant belive that inside out got the best animated film, my 2y.o cousin now hates broccoli because of it!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I'll read up all the news about it in the morning, ain't nobody got time to watch this for 6 hours

ReputationRep:
    Yeah

Haha no it was definitely planned satire, Chris Rock probably had her say it :p:
    Hi bae

Eeeee, the black community is going to be pissed out tomorrow, they already hate her. Haha...this is the best Oscar thus far. I love Chris rockkkkkkkkkkkk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    I cant belive that inside out got the best animated film, my 2y.o cousin now hates broccoli because of it!
    It was pretty great!

ReputationRep:
    Hi bae

Eeeee, the black community is going to be pissed out tomorrow, they already hate her. Haha...this is the best Oscar thus far. I love Chris rockkkkkkkkkkkk.
    He is awesome

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty great!
    I only watched like 20 minutes before i was just like no.

ReputationRep:
    I only watched like 20 minutes before i was just like no.
    Fairs haha :p: Yeah my sister absolutely loved it, the kind of movie I wish was around when I was a kid.

ReputationRep:
    Fairs haha :p: Yeah my sister absolutely loved it, the kind of movie I wish was around when I was a kid.
    Na, they are all so similar that theres not 'new' movies if you get what im getting at...
    That doesnt make sense doesnt it..?

ReputationRep:
    Na, they are all so similar that theres not 'new' movies if you get what im getting at...
    That doesnt make sense doesnt it..?
    Hmmm, not really :p: Regardless there are definitely some better executed than others that also teach morals more effectively.

ReputationRep:
    2 brown people in a row?! WHAT?!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, not really :p: Regardless there are definitely some better executed than others that also teach morals more effectively.
    Yeah i dont like how Reily is it runs away and then gets hugs and no consequence exept for getting what she wants like, da heeell just happened! My parents would have gone batcrapcrazy!

ReputationRep:
    Amy WAS quite good! *claps and whistles*

ReputationRep:
    2 brown people in a row?! WHAT?!
    I'm still laughing at Chris Rock interviewing those people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    I kind of hope that The Martian wins an Oscar
    The martian is a book that changed my life I want to see the movie apparently it's brilliant but i dont want it to wreck the book... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    I kind of hope that The Martian wins an Oscar
    Wasnt it nominated for the
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Best picture?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.