The Student Room Group

Changing myself to fit in (serious)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fickschlitten
Stilettos and paul's boutique really helps you get in the mood for hardcore studying.

You should do stand up comedy, you have the punchlines.
All the punchlines, I love it.

you are funny.
Original post by RomanKing
You should do stand up comedy, you have the punchlines.
All the punchlines, I love it.

you are funny.

Stilettos and Paul's Boutique really do aid productivity i reckon. All those years of taking exams, those invigilators sure got moves.
If only I was as handsome as the man on my profile picture...

I cringe every time i see a girl pull out a creased A4 booklet out from her tiny hand bag. It's blasphemous to the nth degree.

I am that girl.
Original post by leavingthecity
I am that girl.

It's heinous and should be eradicated..The hand bag plague needs to be contained.
It's heinous and should be eradicated..The hand bag plague needs to be contained.

I am so bad at this that I break every handbag I buy by over stuffing it. I only buy from Zara now because I just break everything.

Still, uni is not at catwalk and OP should wear whatever makes them feel good.
LOL yes that H&M bag omg
I doubt anyone cares what bag you're carrying to uni tbh, I personally alternated between a Michael Kors/rucksack/various free bags from freshers
Literally no one cares, same with the way you dress it's silly to change to try and fit in because you'll end up not meeting people genuinely like you
So you want to decrease efficiency to fit in? Why?
Even i have this problem i just want to fit into uni people and also i work so i feel like i dont fit them 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the follow!
Thanks for the follow!

No problem & Best of luck for the future.
No problem & Best of luck for the future.

Thank you, that's very sweet. May I ask what you studied at uni?
Stilettos and Paul's Boutique really do aid productivity i reckon. All those years of taking exams, those invigilators sure got moves.

I'm going over to the relationships section, to the threads started by 17 year old girls wherein they advise each other on how to get an investment banker husband, and I'm going to tell them that you'll buy them a rucksack.
I'm going over to the relationships section, to the threads started by 17 year old girls wherein they advise each other on how to get an investment banker husband, and I'm going to tell them that you'll buy them a rucksack.

lol, i've not seen threads like that around

For the love of god please kill the hand bag. It urks me. it's not useful for work/study.
lol, i've not seen threads like that around

For the love of god please kill the hand bag. It urks me. it's not useful for work/study.

Everything you say may be used and copied and pasted against you in the aforementioned threads.

I'd probably use, at uni, a big tote style bag, and a separate small handbag for personal items. Is that acceptable as a solution or is it 2x as bad?
Everything you say may be used and copied and pasted against you in the aforementioned threads.

I'd probably use, at uni, a big tote style bag, and a separate small handbag for personal items. Is that acceptable as a solution or is it 2x as bad?

Lol, don't get that bolded part.

As for your other point, as long as A4 documents are taken care of correctly I don't see a problem.
Lol, don't get that bolded part.

As for your other point, as long as A4 documents are taken care of correctly I don't see a problem.

I'm going to copy paste;

"...as long as A4 documents are taken care of correctly I don't see a problem."

for those gold digging teens. You can thank me when you can't keep on top of all the PMs flooding in.
I'm going to copy paste;

"...as long as A4 documents are taken care of correctly I don't see a problem."

for those gold digging teens. You can thank me when you can't keep on top of all the PMs flooding in.

I already have disabled my private messages and visitor messages ha.

Thank you for your attempts though, please pass on the handbag message across to all the girls.
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't know where's gig section to post this, I thought I'd post it here.
Serious answers only please, thank you.

This has been bothering me for some time now and I thought I'd ask it on here to get people's opinions.

I'm at university and since I've been here I feel like I'm changing myself to fit in with the girls on my course.I am one of those studious girls and all my life I've always carried a rucksack to school.
For university I got a big rucksack I could fit my laptop & tablet in.I also carry my folder(s) in there depending on what classes I have that day.Personally if I don't have all that stuff with me I don't feel like I am going to learn.I noticed that girls on my course don't carry rucksacks, they carry Michael Kors, the infamous H&M bag (I'm sure everyone knows that one lol) etc.

This semester I started carrying a messenger bag and it doesn't feel right.It feels really strange to me.In the 15 years I have been in education I have never carried anything else.
I want to at least feel like everyone else but again it is not me. It doesn't help that I fancy a guy on my course and I obviously want to at least look appealing.I don't think a rucksack the size of Texas does me any favours.

I know this sounds really childish but it really is bothering me :frown:.

No...

Also don't feel insecure about a bunch of threads you wear on your back, arm etc. I'd feel insecure if I had a bag too small to fit my things in lol
Omg soo overwhelmed by the number of responses!.Awwww thankyou sooo much everyone for taking your time to reply and for being so nice.I couldn't stop smiling whilst reading your posts.It can be hard coming from a place where everyone does the same thing to a place where you're in the norm :smile:
(Apologies for the typo on the first line of my post #AutocorrectProblems).
Original post by jawsontheflooor
LOL yes that H&M bag omg
I doubt anyone cares what bag you're carrying to uni tbh, I personally alternated between a Michael Kors/rucksack/various free bags from freshers
Literally no one cares, same with the way you dress it's silly to change to try and fit in because you'll end up not meeting people genuinely like you

Yes haha!!.I remember when it first came out in 2012 & I nearly bought it to take it with me on holiday.There's a group of 4 girls on my course & they all have that same bag!
Thanks hun :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending