The Student Room Group

Time freezes for everyone but you for one day...

Scroll to see replies

this very conceit is the theme of the seminal work The Fermata by Nicholson Baker.

Spoiler

Suffocate and die, because Oxygen wouldn't be able to enter my lungs.
1) Go to Pizza hut and take a few pizzas
2) Go to Central London and rob a bank and maybe some jewels and maybe some things from Victoria Secret

:colone:
the amount of people that would just go around drawing dicks on people's faces is gonna be pretty high
Watch Kdramas the whole bloody day.
I'm not that creative, tbh. Just obsessed with finishing each hour-long episode like the loser i am.
Go around town, having fun at people - dressing boys up in girl's clothes etc.
Original post by Pickles
...what do you do?

Take a pic of me making out with Emma Watson. It would be a real photo so the instagram kudos would be off the charts, and coz of the time freeze Emma would have no way to prove it was real so no lawsuit.

Everyone's a winner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zargabaath
Suffocate and die, because Oxygen wouldn't be able to enter my lungs.

@Pickles exactly what I said. Also what happens about gravity? Does the Earth stop rotating? Does the sun continue to burn? Do planes stay airborne?
Original post by the bear
this very conceit is the theme of the seminal work The Fermata by Nicholson Baker.

Spoiler

Its also the theme of the seminal work by ITV called Bernard's Watch :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kalclash
@Pickles exactly what I said. Also what happens about gravity? Does the Earth stop rotating? Does the sun continue to burn? Do planes stay airborne?

I assume without time, gravity would have no effect. Acceleration = (distance/time)/time, if time was 0, acceleration due to gravity would be an impossible answer (can't divide by zero). Therefore f=ma wouldn't work.

Also you'd be blind unless you were moving foward as photons of light wouldn't enter your eyes naturally.
Reply 30

Gravity isn't affected, planes and people falling from the sky, remain exactly where they are. The Earth stops rotating the sun is still lit and maintains warmth for the day.
A high level of theft would occur.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pickles
Gravity isn't affected, planes and people falling from the sky, remain exactly where they are. The Earth stops rotating the sun is still lit and maintains warmth for the day.

In that case, selfie with the Queen :colone:
Enjoy the silence and appreciate how good life is.
Reply 34
In that case, selfie with the Queen :colone:

That'd be classic - she'll look like she's in Madame Tussaud's.
Reply 35
Well, realistically just roam around bored.

But I'd want to stealborrow a Eurofighter (or other stupidly fast jet) and disarm all the nukes in the world
Original post by Pickles

Pickles, you initially specified that time is frozen for people, but you have now introduced some additional laws of this strange day.

If the Earth stops rotating; my time would be spent really worrying about what is about to happen when time unfreezes.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Andy98
Well, realistically just roam around bored.

But I'd want to stealborrow a Eurofighter (or other stupidly fast jet) and disarm all the nukes in the world

How would you disarm the nukes in the world with a Eurofighter?
Reply 38
Original post by MountKimbie
How would you disarm the nukes in the world with a Eurofighter?

The Eurofighter is merely a quick way of getting to them.
Original post by Andy98
The Eurofighter is merely a quick way of getting to them.

Do you plan on flying into the sea?

Quick Reply

Latest