Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE choices for future lawyer Watch

• View Poll Results: GCSE option for future lawyer
    Music
    28.57%
    Sociology
    71.43%

ReputationRep:
    If you're good at music (play an instrument) I'd recommend taking that. TBH what's likely to having more impact on your career right now is not whether you take soc. or music but how rounded you become in terms of your interests and also how you learn to balance work and relaxation.

Sociology is not something you'd learn much about at GCSE anyway so you might as well wait till A Level to take it if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessie.ldn)
    Yes i've heard that law is a disadvantage but why? Also unfortunately in my school psychology is an A-Level subject only.
    i think its because people are snobby. very few public/highly academic sixth forms offer it whereas a lot of less academic colleges do. although i can imagine its good to be able to test the water a bit, but i can imagine experience would be far more respected by a prospective university than a grade on a piece of paper

ReputationRep:
    So if i wanted to do MFL should i do my own home language (polish) or french since im one of the tops students in it?
    Do french its a more spoken language worldwide and you could always do polish outside of lessons if you're good enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ermintrude1999)
    Do french its a more spoken language worldwide and you could always do polish outside of lessons if you're good enough?
    Im planning to do both polish and french. Is it going to be better for me as a lawyer to know 3 languages?

ReputationRep:
    Im planning to do both polish and french. Is it going to be better for me as a lawyer to know 3 languages?
    Languages are respected by everyone and makes you stand out above other candidates regardless of uni course/job, my mum did French at Degree and trained as a lawyer - never used it in her career but i guess it could open doors to international law opportunities in the UK.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.