The Student Room Group

What are your favourite full albums?

Scroll to see replies

Bastards by Motorhead has been on in my car all week, and it's one of their most under-rated albums; Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me and Lost In the Ozone are both utterly chilling.
Original post by homeland.lsw
Did you know she was diagnosed with Lyme Disease last year...It's so sad...

Yeah I know. :sad: she also performed with T Swift on the 1989 world tour and I died and went to heaven.
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
REM - Automatic for the people
Kodaline - In a perfect world
Kodaline - Coming up for air

Born in the USA and automatic for the people are ones I used to listen to as a kid because my dad would have them on in the car sometimes, so there's a nostalgia element to them (a lot of music I like is stuff that was around when I was younger and reminds me of that time). Some of the songs on automatic for the people make me think of nighttime/evening for some reason.

The Kodaline ones I discovered last year. Some of the songs are fast, some slow. Some are upbeat and happy, and others aren't. Some of them make me think of summer. I just like their sound.
Original post by Ethereal World
Speak now is actually considered a concept album as well did you know that? Oh swiftie :love:

I did not, but it does make sense when I think about it. It's one of those albums I can listen to whatever mood I'm in, whereas with some music I really have to be in a particular mood to enjoy it.
Favourite album of all time ever
Gorillaz - Demon Days
[video="youtube;cYlxQ77crSU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYlxQ77crSU[/video]
Speak now - Taylor Swift
From Under the Cork Tree - F.O.B
Vices and Virtues - P!ATD
What's the Story, Morning Glory - Oasis
Definitely Maybe - Oasis
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
Screaming for Vengeance - Judas Priest
London Calling - The Clash
Original post by Zargabaath
Favourite album of all time ever
Gorillaz - Demon Days
[video="youtube;cYlxQ77crSU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYlxQ77crSU[/video]

OMG yes !!! Thank you for bringing this back into my life.

*Attempts to listen to Dare and stay still*. :innocent:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
Speak now - Taylor Swift
From Under the Cork Tree - F.O.B
Vices and Virtues - P!ATD
What's the Story, Morning Glory - Oasis
Definitely Maybe - Oasis
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
Screaming for Vengeance - Judas Priest
London Calling - The Clash

I'm slightly jealous of not choosing from under the cork tree. Honestly it was so tough between that and infinity on high- I think I prefer the songs individually from cork tree but infinity on high as an album- the way the songs are ordered- it just works and I can listen to it effortlessly.

Also you prefer V&V to fever you can't sweat out? Fair enough but to me the latter is unreal. Lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
The Weeknd - Trilogy (more specifically House of Balloons)
Lana Del Rey - Born to Die
Bastille - All this Bad Blood
and a classic for my 11 year old self:
Taylor Swift - Fearless :u:
Dark Side of the Moon

Genesis: Nursery Cryme

Neil Young: Harvest

Magnet: The Wicker Man

Supertramp: Crisis What Crisis

:shakecane:
Reply 30
A lot of my choices are rather typical, but oh well..

Elbow-most of them lol. But probably The Seldom Seen kid for all-round consistency.
Pink Floyd-The Dark Side of the Moon, because obviously
Metallica - Master of Puppets. Again loads of great Metallica albums, but this one is so consistent.
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin. Just brilliant..most of the songs may be stolen but the raw energy of the songs is so great
Anberlin - Cities. This isn't too objective, just one I used to listen to a lot and still love many of the songs.
The Killers - Sam's Town. Again, I don't think this is genius music or anything, but as a whole package I just really enjoy this one
Can't think of many more whole albums that massively stand out to me, I tend to pick and choose..
Original post by Ethereal World
I'm slightly jealous of not choosing from under the cork tree. Honestly it was so tough between that and infinity on high- I think I prefer the songs individually from cork tree but infinity on high as an album- the way the songs are ordered- it just works and I can listen to it effortlessly.

Also you prefer V&V to fever you can't sweat out? Fair enough but to me the latter is unreal. Lol.

I love Infinity on High but the first song I ever properly fell in love with was Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year, so I've gotta go the other way I'm afraid.

I think A Fever You Can't Sweat Out has better songs, but I discovered Vices and Virtues during my first serious relationship so I guess it resonates with me.

I'm more confused that you had Red on your list. I thought Speak Now and Fearless were both so much better.
Metallica - Metallica
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Green Day - American idiot
Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold
Reply 33
All-time fave is Sheer Heart Attack
Queen

On account of the ground-breaking quality, variety (fave track: Tenement Funster - Roger Taylor vocals), and the way the songs merge, like a rock opera.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
A lot of my choices are rather typical, but oh well..

Elbow-most of them lol. But probably The Seldom Seen kid for all-round consistency.
Pink Floyd-The Dark Side of the Moon, because obviously
Metallica - Master of Puppets. Again loads of great Metallica albums, but this one is so consistent.
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin. Just brilliant..most of the songs may be stolen but the raw energy of the songs is so great
Anberlin - Cities. This isn't too objective, just one I used to listen to a lot and still love many of the songs.
The Killers - Sam's Town. Again, I don't think this is genius music or anything, but as a whole package I just really enjoy this one
Can't think of many more whole albums that massively stand out to me, I tend to pick and choose..

To be fair the only reason I didn't put DSotM in mine is because it's almost a given but it does have to be credited. Also love Sam's Town :yep:

Also the thread was taken down last night before I saw your reply about the virtues or lack thereof of Tumblr....but no hard feelings yah? :tongue:
Original post by the bear
Dark Side of the Moon

Genesis: Nursery Cryme

Neil Young: Harvest

Magnet: The Wicker Man

Supertramp: Crisis What Crisis

:shakecane:

What crisis indeed? :tong:
Original post by nicatre
Metallica - Metallica
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Green Day - American idiot
Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold

American Idiot FTW - Great concept album too. I feel like I should stop saying the words concept album :hide:

I'm just excited because music is life.
1989- Taylor Swift
Born This Way- Lady Gaga
How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful- Florence & the Machine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely Maybe - Oasis
WTSMG - Oasis
MBDTF/LR - Kanye West
Parklife - Blur
2001 - Dr Dre
The Blueprint - Jay Z
GKMC - Kendrick Lamaar
An Awesome Wave - Alt-J

There are a few more so good I listen to them all the way through but I can't remember at this point in time :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest