Turn on thread page Beta

Why does mothers day get more attention than fathers day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    cos we love our mum more

ReputationRep:
    I think its because women tend to go through more than men when raising kids (esp during pregnancy). Although I think the idea of both days is stupid. Mothers and fathers day every day of the year
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SAhm95)
    cos we love our mum more
    Fair point for you - can't say I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    roasted
    Is that you in the pic? If so, you're so cute
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Chopshticks)
    I think its because women tend to go through more than men when raising kids (esp during pregnancy). Although I think the idea of both days is stupid. Mothers and fathers day every day of the year
    Well put - if we appreciate them, I don't see why it should be on one day, show it all the time

ReputationRep:
    Because our Dad's didn't give birth to us, our Mum's did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Is that you in the pic? If so, you're so cute
    yeah it is :sexface: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Because women are emotional.
    You have to make an effort with thrm or else you will never hear the end of it.
    Men were more chilled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I don't understand why at all!

Because everyone has a mother but many children born in the last few decades or so dont have a father either because he is a dumpster dad or his mother is some slapper who doesnt know who fertilised her.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    Because everyone has a mother but many children born in the last few decades or so dont have a father either because he is a dumpster dad or his mother is some slapper who doesnt know who fertilised her.
    Not necessarily true. Yes, I have a biological mother, but that's it. She doesn't give two shits about me and I don't give a damn about her. She means nothing to me. It was my daddy who raised me, my sister and my brother.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised nobody has said "because feminism", yet. Come on TSR, thought we could rely on you for illogical misogyny...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    in my opinion, parents should be treated right all the time (im an only child btw so I kinda have to deal with them lol). as a bonus, heres a random song from before I was born

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No clue, they both get the same amount of hate from me :borat:
    Lolll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muslimstanisyed)
    Because women are emotional.
    You have to make an effort with thrm or else you will never hear the end of it.
    Men were more chilled
    That's not true.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Not necessarily true. Yes, I have a biological mother, but that's it. She doesn't give two shits about me and I don't give a damn about her. She means nothing to me. It was my daddy who raised me, my sister and my brother.
    That's exactly how I feel, my mum has done nothing for me - yet everyone acts as though I owe something to her!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That's exactly how I feel, my mum has done nothing for me - yet everyone acts as though I owe something to her!
    Thankfully anyone who knows me knows that I definitely don't own a thing to my mother.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Thankfully anyone who knows me knows that I definitely don't own a thing to my mother.
    None of my friends can understand why I hate her, but I certainly have my reasons.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    None of my friends can understand why I hate her, but I certainly have my reasons.
    Ignore your friends then. If you have reasons then so be it. No one can tell you whether or not you must worship your mum.

Ignore your friends then. If you have reasons then so be it. No one can tell you whether or not you must worship your mum.
    Wow thank you - your advice is so great! Thanks for posting on this thread and I completely understand what you mean
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Wow thank you - your advice is so great! Thanks for posting on this thread and I completely understand what you mean
    Sorry that wasn't supposed to be anonymous

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.