Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do I have better luck w/ (conventionally) good looking men than unattractive men? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    what does dry mean mean haha
    Your face is a lil bit above average fyi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Your face is a lil bit above average fyi
    lil bit above average is always better than average. I'll take that

ReputationRep:
    You think your less then good looking?
    you're*

ReputationRep:
    lil bit above average is always better than average. I'll take that
    Yes but why the hell does 'dry' mean slightly above average? Do I look worse in the rain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Yes but why the hell does 'dry' mean slightly above average? Do I look worse in the rain?
    I have no idea..

ReputationRep:
    Not so good looking guys can be pickier and expect more then just looks, and more critical.
    Where do you get that from???

Surely uglier guys are going to be more desperate and thus less picky...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)

I'd have thought so, simple supply and demand, scarcity means ugly guys have less choice whereas the abundance of options available to the attractive means they can afford to be more picky. I think she means ugly people are sometimes bitter and entitled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmmIsIt)
    you're*
    DBCB

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought so, simple supply and demand, scarcity means ugly guys have less choice whereas the abundance of options available to the attractive means they can afford to be more picky. I think she means ugly people are sometimes bitter and entitled.
    I don't think bitter and entitled people are picky either though. In fact I think they'll take whatever they can get so long as they have control in the relationship - but they won't be picky about attractiveness that much.

ReputationRep:
    It's usually the 'nice guys' that are bitter and entitled.

ReputationRep:

That's not always the case.

With good looking guys you just have to look good...ever heard of the saying " just stand there and look pretty".

ReputationRep:

With good looking guys you just have to look good...ever heard of the saying " just stand there and look pretty".
    I don't think that applies to longer relationships, unless you find that less intelligent men seem to be better looking, which btw, I fundamentally disagree with. I think there's a good correlation between intelligence (emotional and normal) and attractiveness in English men.

ReputationRep:

I don't get why that is limited to good looking people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that applies to longer relationships, unless you find that less intelligent men seem to be better looking, which btw, I fundamentally disagree with. I think there's a good correlation between intelligence (emotional and normal) and attractiveness in English men.
    What? In the context of physical attractiveness, how can you draw up such a correlation?

ReputationRep:
    DBCB
    You Canadians are weird, thanks but I'm not vain.

ReputationRep:
    What? In the context of physical attractiveness, how can you draw up such a correlation?
    What do you mean?

Both are fairly objective. Maybe not as objective as height but pretty damn objective.

And you think about your average working class man. Now your average lawyer. I'm sorry but it's not just the suit that is making the lawyer seem far more attractive - he is!

I see it at uni. The intelligent guys are the most attractive, on average. At school it is always the ugly guy who is the class joker. Usually a fatty too.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why that is limited to good looking people.
    It's not.

ReputationRep:
    It's usually the 'nice guys' that are bitter and entitled.
    Depends.

I don't think bitter and entitled people are picky either though. In fact I think they'll take whatever they can get so long as they have control in the relationship - but they won't be picky about attractiveness that much.
    You're right, ugly guys are not more picky when it comes to women, they take what they can get.
    What i think has happened to OP is, she's interested in ugly guys but ugly guys generally have it bad. The world shows them no appreciation, no attention, no help, generally cold towards them. As a response they have built up this wall of anger towards everyone BUT other ugly people.
    I have encountered this on many occasions, i will have to work with a less attractive guy on projects and they all seem to hate me. Even though I'm nice and bust out jokes, yet i see them connecting with other ugly people and having a great time.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean?
    Girls find intelligence attractive generally, so I mean physical attractiveness based purely on looks.

Both are fairly objective. Maybe not as objective as height but pretty damn objective.
    Mm meh. I dunno.

And you think about your average working class man. Now your average lawyer. I'm sorry but it's not just the suit that is making the lawyer seem far more attractive - he is!
    What? It most certainly is the suit! Why would a job make you more/less attractive?

I see it at uni. The intelligent guys are the most attractive, on average. At school it is always the ugly guy who is the class joker. Usually a fatty too.
    Really?! Go into a physics/engineering department at university and the top students really aren't the most attractive haha.

Sports Science. That's where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmmIsIt)
    You Canadians are weird, thanks but I'm not vain.

what are you talking about are you having your own little conversation with yourself in your head ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.