Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

M375 - Northern Ireland Terrorist Attack Motion Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Airmed)
    The current Cabinet has no Secretary of State for N.I and such statements are dealt with that office in RL. I thought it best to do a cross statement with my fellow Norn Iron friend.

You never fail to disappoint me.
    So you mean it has nothing at all to do with the home secretary, which you could argue has limited extension of brief to Scotland and Northern Ireland, or devolution given that it is basically your form of the combination of the Scotland Wales and NI offices, or even the PM could have made a statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    But what exactly do you expect the government to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Say "these people are bad"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So you mean it has nothing at all to do with the home secretary, which you could argue has limited extension of brief to Scotland and Northern Ireland, or devolution given that it is basically your form of the combination of the Scotland Wales and NI offices, or even the PM could have made a statement.
    If I had been approached or had any knowledge that this motion was going to be submitted I could have done so.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    If I had been approached or had any knowledge that this motion was going to be submitted I could have done so.
    There we go then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Saracen's Fez Apologies for not mentioning this to you but as I have told JD, it was a friendly thing between me and Adam. Tbh, though, I do believe you are making mountains out of molehills, Jammy.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Saracen's Fez Apologies for not mentioning this to you but as I have told JD, it was a friendly thing between me and Adam. Tbh, though, I do believe you are making mountains out of molehills, Jammy.
    That's OK.

Once upon a time this would happen often, individual members of the Government submitting motions off their own backs on a short timescale, and nobody would bat an eyelid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    adam9317

HEEYYYY!!! Why wouldn't ye ask me to second this? Ye of all people should know!

:cry:

FECK!!
    This really was a last minute job, based on the developing events of real life- I do apologise for not getting this round to you my friend!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Of course I want to put a stop to terrorism and ensure that similar scenarios do not happen again. However, this motion does not actually say what the government would do, other than condemn the terrorists?

ReputationRep:
    aye, whatever, barely needs to be said though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    This really was a last minute job, based on the developing events of real life- I do apologise for not getting this round to you my friend!
    So what do we do? Intern suspects? Curfew? Ban Easter Rising parading?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Of course I want to put a stop to terrorism and ensure that similar scenarios do not happen again. However, this motion does not actually say what the government would do, other than condemn the terrorists?
    If you want the government to be told what to do all the time you can hand over power and cut out the middle man

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So what do we do? Intern suspects? Curfew? Ban Easter Rising parading?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Action needs to be taken; unfortunately I am no expert, but we need to get a balance between not affecting the innocent, but stopping the terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    Aye.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by that bearded man)
    so what do we do? Intern suspects? Curfew? ban easter rising parading?

posted from tsr mobile
    don't you dare!!!

:d

drink!!

ReputationRep:
    We definitely need to address and recognise the disastrous events, so I support this Motion.

ReputationRep:
    But what exactly do you expect the government to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Act outraged?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aye!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Cessation.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.