The Student Room Group

9th Mar: Are you guilty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Bought my SO a tub of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cups ice cream for Valentine's day.... gave it to him, he always eats just a little bit at a time to make it last. I ate the whole rest of the tub by myself in one sitting when he wasn't there :ashamed: Still not been forgiven.

PRSOM :lol:
Original post by balanced
I feel guilty for not being successful. As a man, that's the only valutaion of myself in society. Especially by my parents. My parents hate me if I do not achieve an a/a*, for example when I got my GCSEs (1a*,5as,3bs) there was a huge argument (as I wasn't appreciative enough of the dinner)and my brother accidently hit me in the face causing a scar(yeah I could have been more respectful but still). I also feel guilty for my subjects, my parents do not support me in choosing politics for uni, as they want me to do law very badly, but I hate it. My school are pretty much the same and I had to see teachers etc because I wasn't getting enough a*s. But, such is life, and it probably won't make a difference in poltics as I have the enthusiam or if that fails I'd start my own business, so it doesn't matter.
On a side note, I also feel guilty for being tired. I often fall asleep in lessons etc, I tried to speak to my GP about the issue but they were useless and just tested me for a load of infections. I do get enough sleep, 8-9 hours, but I feel like I haven't slept for days. I feel that this is my fault for not sleeping longer, but I'm not too sure.

do you snore very loudly? Or wake up with a very dry mouth?
Was gonna post something really dramatic and stuff, but then realised it's probably against the rules xD

Must agree, though, that B&J Caramel Chew Chew IS THE BEST B&J ice cream... Can't get enough of it!!! Sorry Puddles :tongue:

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Bought my SO a tub of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cups ice cream for Valentine's day.... gave it to him, he always eats just a little bit at a time to make it last. I ate the whole rest of the tub by myself in one sitting when he wasn't there :ashamed: Still not been forgiven.
Original post by mobbsy91
Was gonna post something really dramatic and stuff, but then realised it's probably against the rules xD

Must agree, though, that B&J Caramel Chew Chew IS THE BEST B&J ice cream... Can't get enough of it!!! Sorry Puddles :tongue:

With you on that one, but Phish Food.... *adds B&J to the office supply order list*
Original post by Pixsoul
With you on that one, but Phish Food.... *adds B&J to the office supply order list*

Mmmmm, oh my god Phish food is good... That's a difficult choice tbh!
Original post by Oilfreak1
do you snore very loudly? Or wake up with a very dry mouth?

Not at all, I just cannot get to sleep in the first place and wake up multiple times during the night. I also have cataplectic attacks with emotion, along with all the symptoms of narcolepsy(sleep paralysis, hallucinations, nightmares, sleep attacks, automatic behaviour (I put my clothes in a fridge once lol) ). However, my parents keep saying that 1)It's me being a teenager 2)It will go away and 3)You haven't been like this for ages, it's an infection.

I've had this issue for years, so they don't see anything abnormal. My GP doesn't know anything about narcolepsy nor will the NHS pay for the medication, so they do everything to stop a sleep test, which my parents are stopping happening too. It's the sort of attitude that healthy teenagers cannot have any ilness, which they can. I'll be off to uni soon, and I can sort it out then.
Original post by balanced
Not at all, I just cannot get to sleep in the first place and wake up multiple times during the night. I also have cataplectic attacks with emotion, along with all the symptoms of narcolepsy(sleep paralysis, hallucinations, nightmares, sleep attacks, automatic behaviour (I put my clothes in a fridge once lol) ). However, my parents keep saying that 1)It's me being a teenager 2)It will go away and 3)You haven't been like this for ages, it's an infection.

I've had this issue for years, so they don't see anything abnormal. My GP doesn't know anything about narcolepsy nor will the NHS pay for the medication, so they do everything to stop a sleep test, which my parents are stopping happening too. It's the sort of attitude that healthy teenagers cannot have any ilness, which they can. I'll be off to uni soon, and I can sort it out then.

When I was about 16-17 I had a growth spurt which resulted in my adenoids getting too large for my throat.

This lead to severe un-diagnosed sleep apnoea (my dr equally as lazy as yours dismissed this as allergies). This led to depression, constant tiredness, information not sticking to my head etc. thought it was impossible to get as a lean teenager but after a sleep study it was clear I had these problems.

might be good to force your dr to have you booked into a sleep study, these issues will only make university study more difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending