The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Goldsmith Court

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm in flat 18 on block 5, studying psychology at nottingham Trent is anyone else a fresher for 2016?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Hollcoll
I'm in flat 18 on block 5, studying psychology at nottingham Trent is anyone else a fresher for 2016?

I'm studying psychology too! I'm a first year and I should get my flat number soon. I know 3 people who have booked so far now, all freshers
Reply 22
Original post by caii97
i've sent the deposit and my details today, just waiting now ... do you know how long they take to send flat numbers etc ?

No idea. I'm going to give my deposit on monday over the phone. Hopefully they'll give it me then.
Reply 23
Original post by saifpatel
No idea. I'm going to give my deposit on monday over the phone. Hopefully they'll give it me then.

I got my flat number , they do it as soon as you give the deposit, if you ask on the phone or email them regarding thw flat number they should give it to you
Reply 24
Finally got this booked! Can't wait!
Reply 25
where are you staying? congrats!
Reply 26
You staying at Goldsmith. I'm going to ring them tomorrow to check what flat number I'm in.
Reply 27
Yeah I'm staying at Goldsmiths. I got my flat number when I rung up to pay my deposit, kinda asked for a place near the top. Hopefully, they have an elevator. I think I got flat 36 cant remember which room though.
Reply 28
do you want me to add you to a group chat on Facebook to find your flatmates?
Original post by M_Asln
Yeah I'm staying at Goldsmiths. I got my flat number when I rung up to pay my deposit, kinda asked for a place near the top. Hopefully, they have an elevator. I think I got flat 36 cant remember which room though.

They do have an elevator, I'm flat 32 and that's 4th floor. There's a few in the fb chat who are in 36 actually, I got added by caii97 after I created a facebook XD
Reply 30
Original post by caii97
do you want me to add you to a group chat on Facebook to find your flatmates?

Whats the group called? My names Mihriban if it shows up
Original post by caii97
i've sent the deposit and my details today, just waiting now ... do you know how long they take to send flat numbers etc ?

I rung and they gave me the details
Original post by M_Asln
Whats the group called? My names Mihriban if it shows up

Would you be able to add me please?
Original post by lauren-s
Well I'm talking to my parents tonight about booking it tomorrow (think I'll pick the 5 ensuite (think that's right) ) so let me know if you so I might see you there what are you studying?

I booked the ensuite with 5 in a flat today at Goldsmith Court because all the city accomodation had been booked up. What are you studying?
Original post by Hollcoll

Im studying psychology too and just booked my accommodation for Goldsmith Court.
Reply 35
Have been living in a cluster flat with 5 other people this last year and have varying opinions. The price for what you get is really good, the only places you'll get more for your money are outside the city centre or have outrageous requirements (e.g. asking for a billion quid several months before actually moving in).

I find that it can get way too noisy sometimes. It's just round the corner from most clubs so you might hear people heading home at around 3-4am which can be bothersome if you're living near to the Chaucer Street side. There are lots of students who are somewhat obsessed with partying and you'll almost definitely be hearing people above or below you and while you can complain and get them told off, you have to call an out of hours 0845 number and the only way to do it is from your mobile, as the only phones in flats are for use of the intercom only. If you live towards the back (at least from my experience), you should be alright when it comes to sound. That block is mostly quiet.

I've found that having anxiety could be an issue with living with other people, but studios are available which is what I'm looking at next year. They're not VIP or anything; they're actually really quite bland and the size isn't anything special, but for the price, it isn't too bad.

Internet here is also better than a lot of other places. It does cut out, but it's usually only for short periods of time and it's definitely fast enough to do most of what you want. You can also pay a premium to get faster speeds and have more devices connected, though I've never felt it was necessary. Sadly, if you've got more than one device and wish to connect them to each other through wifi, tough **** :frown:

But yeah, is a good place to live! Staff are nice, though strict with the contract, but you'll find it much easier to get along with them in person than through email.
Reply 36
Original post by Fenicoteri
Would you be able to add me please?

hey didnt you get added? i sent you a pm with my profile, ill add you to the chat, i just need you as a friend on facebook to do it
Reply 37
Original post by TTD187
Have been living in a cluster flat with 5 other people this last year and have varying opinions. The price for what you get is really good, the only places you'll get more for your money are outside the city centre or have outrageous requirements (e.g. asking for a billion quid several months before actually moving in).

I find that it can get way too noisy sometimes. It's just round the corner from most clubs so you might hear people heading home at around 3-4am which can be bothersome if you're living near to the Chaucer Street side. There are lots of students who are somewhat obsessed with partying and you'll almost definitely be hearing people above or below you and while you can complain and get them told off, you have to call an out of hours 0845 number and the only way to do it is from your mobile, as the only phones in flats are for use of the intercom only. If you live towards the back (at least from my experience), you should be alright when it comes to sound. That block is mostly quiet.

I've found that having anxiety could be an issue with living with other people, but studios are available which is what I'm looking at next year. They're not VIP or anything; they're actually really quite bland and the size isn't anything special, but for the price, it isn't too bad.

Internet here is also better than a lot of other places. It does cut out, but it's usually only for short periods of time and it's definitely fast enough to do most of what you want. You can also pay a premium to get faster speeds and have more devices connected, though I've never felt it was necessary. Sadly, if you've got more than one device and wish to connect them to each other through wifi, tough **** :frown:

But yeah, is a good place to live! Staff are nice, though strict with the contract, but you'll find it much easier to get along with them in person than through email.

awww thanks, this is a really good summary of the accommodation, i didnt know about the wifi device issue which sounds quite annoying -.- ive booked a place there now, so pretty excited!
I'll be a fresher for 2016. I'm in flat 29 room 3. Is anyone in that flat, or know anyone who is?
[QUOTE=AshleighFreeman;64090751]I'll be a fresher for 2016. I'm in flat 29 room 3. Is anyone in that flat, or know anyone who is?

Private Message me your name and I will add you to the Goldsmith Court group chat on fb..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending