Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever been the victim of cyberbullying? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever been the victim of cyberbullying?
    Yes
    27.77%
    No
    65.71%
    Don't Know/Prefer Not To Say
    6.52%

• Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Suffered from fake Facebook profiles being made, people 'liking' Facebook pages which were aimed at me; Facebook posts being posted by one user onto another users wall which aimed at me and lastly people messaging others pretending to be me and sending some creepy stuff to them, so therefore in the belief it was me; cut me off. This wasn't surprising given some of the stuff someone sent to one of these individuals :/

It hurt more than the physical and emotional bullying in school and sixth-form as I thought 'home' would be a safe space and a space to get away from the things happening during the school day.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not specifically but mostly just an extension of what went on at school and other places. In a way it was easier to ignore but then I'd always be asked why and whatever, also as someone else said at home I was trying to be away from it all. For a while I just didn't use it but then decided I'd rather know what was going on behind my back, on facebook at least. Nothing like as bad as some people here have said though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone made a twitter accout tweeting me racist comments. Went to the police. Was told it was my fault for having twitter in the first place. Wish I could go back and stand up for myself as now I'm looking back it wasn't my fault at all. Oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I was younger there was a girl who stalked me who'd send me abusive texts (I changed my number several times as advised by the police but she kept somehow getting hold of it) but it never went online; this was a bit before social media became mainstream though.

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied on the student room for supporting a nice comment on religious beliefs and I was attacked by cyber bullies for supporting it.

ReputationRep:
    I was called ugly and other profanity related things in an anonymous survey I created lol. I know who did it and I confronted her and she didn't admit it. Tried to act shocked when I accused her but I know it was her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Parisax100)
    I was bullied on the student room for supporting a nice comment on religious beliefs and I was attacked by cyber bullies for supporting it.
    I'm sorry this happened. Definitely report what has happened so it can be dealt with

ReputationRep:
    Blocking them and ignoring friend unfamiliar friend requests is your biggest defence against this. Don't give the little shits the time of day.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get abuse almost daily on Formspring back in the day when I was about 16/17 but that all stopped once I changed the settings to not allow anonymous posters.

On FB I only ever accept those I know well so I've never really experienced any cyber-bullying on there. I'm sure many people I know and don't like have the odd snoop at my page but I don't care :laugh: I block those who I really hate and who are toxic.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I used to get abuse almost daily on Formspring back in the day when I was about 16/17 but that all stopped once I changed the settings to not allow anonymous posters.

On FB I only ever accept those I know well so I've never really experienced any cyber-bullying on there. I'm sure many people I know and don't like have the odd snoop at my page but I don't care :laugh: I block those who I really hate and who are toxic.
    Omfg I remember formspring. Some on there are really nasty and drama can start from thin air if you're in a circle. Quite glad it's sold to a dating website now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yeah, definitely. A number of times. I won't go into it because the details aren't very nice for people to hear, but one time in particular was very bad. On other occasions, particularly the more recent ones, it's all been to do with a volunteer position I hold. It can get messy, and it's not nice to deal with at all

ReputationRep:
    I've had a bit on FB before but not much, just a few nasty comments.
    Mine has been 99% in person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    I've had a bit on FB before but not much, just a few nasty comments.
    Mine has been 99% in person
    At least in person it makes it easier to punch them in the nose. On a serious note did you ever fight back ? I used to get teased everyday for being small, and the thing is I'm now 5'11 and the guy who used to bully me for being small is only like 5'6. Karma's a b*tch. Also pushed another guy who was bullying me and it kinda stopped after that. It's great when you stand up for yourself cause then they realise you won't just take it anymore and are afraid you'll actually beat them in a fight if you eventually fight back. This was in primary school though lol, so a very long time ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    At least in person it makes it easier to punch them in the nose. On a serious note did you ever fight back ? I used to get teased everyday for being small, and the thing is I'm now 5'11 and the guy who used to bully me for being small is only like 5'6. Karma's a b*tch. Also pushed another guy who was bullying me and it kinda stopped after that. It's great when you stand up for yourself cause then they realise you won't just take it anymore and are afraid you'll actually beat them in a fight if you eventually fight back. This was in primary school though lol, so a very long time ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They carried guns and knives so no I didn't.
    Ah well that worked out well then
    Ah right, mine was mostly this year :/

ReputationRep:
    They carried guns and knives so no I didn't.
    Ah well that worked out well then
    Ah right, mine was mostly this year :/
    Guns and knives!? Fs where do you live ? Report them to the police ?

ReputationRep:
    Guns and knives!? Fs where do you live ? Report them to the police ?
    I'm afraid so
    England
    They'll shoot me if I do that

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid so
    England
    They'll shoot me if I do that
    Wtf, this ain't the hood in America how does this sort of thing happen in England ? They'll shoot you! Who are these people ? Do you live in a rough place ?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Wtf, this ain't the hood in America how does this sort of thing happen in England ? They'll shoot you! Who are these people ? Do you live in a rough place ?
    The hood anywhere is the same tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,i am a cyber abuse victim of investing.comi am writing this to inform the world.I have been a user of investing.com forum where i have always posted good trade calls and charts.a group of scammers have been exploiting investing.com Gold forum and have several user IDs there.they will humiliate, discriminate and make awful remarks of me.i have several times avoided this reply and given sufficient evidence to the forum moderators but they instead of taking any action on them suspended my account.i have written to the CEO of investing.com and no reply.this is evidence of how bad this scammers can be. they are misleading and causing huge losses to the the users there. They will then disappear and return with another id.the Gold forum moderators are not bothered and the whole thing is a scam .i will attach an example of how they will mock at you in an open forum and no action will be taken. the moment you give evidence to the moderators they suspend you saying reasons that are not valid.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.