Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

tips on acing an interview! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i really hope they dont actually do that?!
    Then you would not gain meaningful employment with my employers as we only hire ass kissers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterButcher)
    Then you would not gain meaningful employment with my employers as we only hire ass kissers.
    glad iv not applied there then

ReputationRep:
    Last year I got rejected form so many interviews and just racer lay I got a job after a brilliant interview so:

1) Smile. I was lucky cause the woman interviewing me was so nice and smiling all the time that it was almost impossible not to smile back.

2) Relax. The more relaxed you are, the better th interview will feel. However this usually depends on how they interview, sometimes it's really uncomfortable and they do you no favours

3) Research. Find out what the companies core values are. I.e. Trust, commitment, compassion, etc. Mention those words in your interview. In my recent one, one of the questions was "what values do you have that you believe would be helpful to your work here?" And I just listed all the core values they have.

4) Stress the amount of experience you have. Use examples. Real examples preferably.

5) If you have to wait with an employee there, talk to them. The nicer you are with them e better as if you're mean, they will tell their manager and say "don't hire this person". Ask them what they do outside of work.

6) For the questions part at the end, ask what their favourite part about working there is. Every single interview I've asked this in and the interviewer always says "ooh I like that question". End with that question. That way you end the interview on a good note.

7) Be memorable. Wear something memorable whether it's a particular necklace or something. Or give a good story.

Good luck with your interview! Do let us know if you get it X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runescapian)
    Last year I got rejected form so many interviews and just racer lay I got a job after a brilliant interview so:

1) Smile. I was lucky cause the woman interviewing me was so nice and smiling all the time that it was almost impossible not to smile back.

2) Relax. The more relaxed you are, the better th interview will feel. However this usually depends on how they interview, sometimes it's really uncomfortable and they do you no favours

3) Research. Find out what the companies core values are. I.e. Trust, commitment, compassion, etc. Mention those words in your interview. In my recent one, one of the questions was "what values do you have that you believe would be helpful to your work here?" And I just listed all the core values they have.

4) Stress the amount of experience you have. Use examples. Real examples preferably.

5) If you have to wait with an employee there, talk to them. The nicer you are with them e better as if you're mean, they will tell their manager and say "don't hire this person". Ask them what they do outside of work.

6) For the questions part at the end, ask what their favourite part about working there is. Every single interview I've asked this in and the interviewer always says "ooh I like that question". End with that question. That way you end the interview on a good note.

7) Be memorable. Wear something memorable whether it's a particular necklace or something. Or give a good story.

thankyou fellow runescape player!
    #7 i remember being told by employers, as it helps to distinguish people and helps them become memorable. il wear my mini flump jar necklace

ReputationRep:
    Many people above have already given very good suggestions to follow. I will like to say be confident and have good study and focus on job expectations. And make a hit. Hope you will get through with good hiring unit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runescapian)

(Original post by recfluence)
    Many people above have already given very good suggestions to follow. I will like to say be confident and have good study and focus on job expectations. And make a hit. Hope you will get through with good hiring unit.
    had my interview today, he said that out of teh 70 people to apply, i was one of the 30 to be interviewed and he said "theres something about you id like to look in to more" and offered me a trial shift!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    Show boobs.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.