The Student Room Group

Chemistry tips

Scroll to see replies

Make sure you learn the equations you will need (all of them).
When answering the 6 mark questions, go into a lot of detail and make sure to stay relevant to the question.
Use flash cars to help you memorize the definitions and you could use that for balancing equations.
Just try to learn as much as possible by either reading books, watching videos and asking your teacher questions.
Reply 21
Original post by thefatone
^^ pretty much this, but sometimes you'll have done these experiments and it's much easier to speak from experience than just theory, but for things like polymerisation and fractional distillation see what the mark scheme says and learn the theory as best you can

Okay Thankyou!
Reply 22
Original post by Dinaa
you give up and cry

(I'm doing a chemistry paper as we speak lmao :cry2: )

Hahaha, good luck! I hope it goes okay
Reply 23
Original post by FireFreezer77
Make sure you learn the equations you will need (all of them).
When answering the 6 mark questions, go into a lot of detail and make sure to stay relevant to the question.
Use flash cars to help you memorize the definitions and you could use that for balancing equations.
Just try to learn as much as possible by either reading books, watching videos and asking your teacher questions.

Thankyou!
Reply 24
Original post by samb1234
My point was more that if you are getting 34/60 on a paper, you should be focusing on the massive holes in your understanding and you can worry about a couple of marks here and there later on, but yeah it's a good idea to do papers

I'm going to try to do that, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest