Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not realising how stressy the rest of life would be and to have enjoyed it. Tbh I moved to the UK in year 10 so never really got any truly solid secondary school cliques :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Picking Art GCSE

Could've spent so much more time on my other subjects if it wasn't for Art.
    SAME

AND my teacher still has my final pieces hostage

ReputationRep:
    "This is the number one rule for your set, In order to survive got to learn to live with regrets

On the rise to the top many drop,
    don't forget 
In order to survive got to learn to live with regrets"

- Jay Z

ReputationRep:
    My regret was staying at school to do A levels. I should have left after GCSEs and did further education at college. I found being treated more as an adult at college was a far better study atmosphere than being treated as a kid in school.

ReputationRep:
    choosing both french and spanish
    Spoiler:
    Show
    wasn't aware that I would be doing the aqa igcse where all the exams are on the spot (and this year my exams are one day after each other)

ReputationRep:
    Picking Psychology AS... It's been a year of hell!

ReputationRep:
    Not asking for help with classwork

ReputationRep:
    Not being more outspoken, and Art GCSE was a waste of time. The teachers would decide what you were doing for pieces, wouldn't let us study graffiti so ended doing some boring absolute pretentious stuff. Got a D in it and pretty the teacher was a feminazi and a sexist. Still haven't got any of me work back, some of it were alright.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like fine art and French GCSES were a risky choice, art is very time consuming and without copious amounts of time spent on sketchbooks it is very hard to get the highest grade. French although I got an A overall in coursework, was unbelievably stressful!! If I could have paid a little more attention in year 9, I'm sure my maths would be a lot better as my basic understanding of algebra was hazy from the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm being honest, I'd never really taken school life seriously until it was too late I was happy with my A-level results, but before that time I was unaware of how differently some people learn a subject more quickly/what are more beneficial methods of learning a certain subject. For example, I was absolutely hopeless at GCSE French, and spent most of my time in class doodling on stupid test papers, and now I'm learning German at a much quicker rate, purely because I know what 'works' for me and what doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    choosing HISTORY BIGGEST REGRET OF MY ENTIRE LIFE

ReputationRep:
    Not asking this girl Julia out.
    (She fancied me and I was too shy)

ReputationRep:
    GCSE options were foolish.

not totally wrecking the teachers, especially in things like RE when they tried to push their Christian BS on me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.