Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My life is so boring and pointless! Watch

(Original post by d1ck)
    this is his prime time.
    just cause he hasn't experienced adulthood, doesn't mean he can't enjoy what his teen years exclusively have to offer.
    please 17 isn't the best, wait until you've matured a bit and get to uni, when you actually know how to drink without making a complete tit out of yourself, when you have access to certain other "substances", when you actually have some independence so don't have to sneak back into your mum's house at 4 in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    please 17 isn't the best, wait until you've matured a bit and get to uni, when you actually know how to drink without making a complete tit out of yourself, when you have access to certain other "substances", when you actually have some independence so don't have to sneak back into your mum's house at 4 in the morning.
    lol okay I trust you

I was referring to 17-22 anyway but igy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeB16)
    Right, this is hard to explain but no one understands how I feel. My friends either don't understand or don't listen or quite simply, don't care.

I am 17 and feel like my life is so boring and worthless. My close friends are either shacked up with boyfriends or have no money to do anything. All my other friends go to parties all the time and I scroll through snapchat and Instagram filled with sadness as I am not told about any parties and never get invited. I work all weekend every weekend and revise all day every weekday so never have time to do anything. Some of my friends go clubbing with people's ID but I don't have any ID I can borrow and I'm not 18 until March next year. I just feel I live a very boring life. When I was 15, there was always a party to go to and life was great. Right now, life is **** because I study all the time and never get invited to parties. I can't host parties because my mum doesn't want one at her house, and my dad won't let me at his. I even sit alone sometimes in my bedroom drinking vodka to try and feel part of other people's fun but inside I am alone living a pointless life.

I just want to grow up or have fun but I don't feel I am having fun the way I am living 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, you have no idea how many people are in a similar situation to yourself. Just study hard, max out your exams and get a good degree from a good university. Life will improve at university as you'll be surrounded by many as yourself, and then you'll get a good job.

But.. in general life is not as fun as you'd expect unless you are loaded with money like the "rich kids of instagram" and do not have to work particularly hard for anything leeching off your parents.

That last part sounds pretty intense. It sounds like a fast way into alcoholism so stop drinking by yourself and never drink when you are sad. It is much better to teach yourself to drink to celebrate a success or to applaud hard work.

17-21 are often the most difficult times in one's life. Statistically I think the greatest suicide rates are for young white males 18-21, or 21-24. So just stay strong and brace yourself because there are probably so many out there just like you.

ReputationRep:
    Well... well my life was boring and pointless throughout secondary school, therefore my life is worse than yours muhahahahahahahahaha... now where's my cake?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But seriously OP, sounds like you need better friends, I'm aware it's difficult to make new ones though...
    When you leave school and go to uni (assuming that's what you do) life will probably get better for you. Most people make friends at uni unless they're a social f£cktard like me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by HotBody)
    I was never sporty until I started lifting....
    I have no time to lift I don't think I could be bothered to be honest I'd feel silly 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    My friends and I are 16-17 and we don't go to parties or get drunk. We're generally quite chilled (probably because we're introverts), anyway the most we do is have film days, going out for meals and going to concerts. Nothing that exciting but we still have fun together.
    It's hard for me to plan a day out for us all because we all want to do different things and it's always the same old excuses for some - with my boyfriend, have no money, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    you're 17 and moaning about your life pull yourself together you HAVE BARELY STARTED LIVING YET oh my days
    I shall choose to ignore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't have to do that anyway. If you have nothing nice to suggest then get lost

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Yael)
    Don't worry, you have no idea how many people are in a similar situation to yourself. Just study hard, max out your exams and get a good degree from a good university. Life will improve at university as you'll be surrounded by many as yourself, and then you'll get a good job.

But.. in general life is not as fun as you'd expect unless you are loaded with money like the "rich kids of instagram" and do not have to work particularly hard for anything leeching off your parents.

That last part sounds pretty intense. It sounds like a fast way into alcoholism so stop drinking by yourself and never drink when you are sad. It is much better to teach yourself to drink to celebrate a success or to applaud hard work.

17-21 are often the most difficult times in one's life. Statistically I think the greatest suicide rates are for young white males 18-21, or 21-24. So just stay strong and brace yourself because there are probably so many out there just like you.
    At the moment I just try to get by ignoring everything and focusing on my own life. I'm still responsible I only drink when I don't have college the next day for example. I'm just a bit fed up none of my friends do anything anymore 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by John55)
    Well... well my life was boring and pointless throughout secondary school, therefore my life is worse than yours muhahahahahahahahaha... now where's my cake?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But seriously OP, sounds like you need better friends, I'm aware it's difficult to make new ones though...
    When you leave school and go to uni (assuming that's what you do) life will probably get better for you. Most people make friends at uni unless they're a social f£cktard like me.
    I work with a few girls who have been to uni and they say I'll love it. I can't wait but got another year yet until I go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do the stanky leg.
    Stank! Stank!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeB16)
    I work with a few girls who have been to uni and they say I'll love it. I can't wait but got another year yet until I go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably just wait it out then, focus on your work etc... easy thing to say, completely different story trying to do something when you feel like cr£p.
    But yeah, just think, when your having the time of your life at uni, your not even going to care about any of this.

ReputationRep:
    Study hard and go to uni. That's where the real fun starts

you're 17 and moaning about your life pull yourself together you HAVE BARELY STARTED LIVING YET oh my days

Exactly, he needs to nip this in the bud ASAP!

What I would do is find a cheap old banger of a car and go joyriding in it. The thrill of thrashing a car til it dies along disused mountain roads or other derelict plots of land is hard to beat without a naked partner.

OP really needs to find a solitary hobby such as cycling or fishing. Having been in that situation myself, its the worst thing in the world looking at other peoples stuff (within reason obviously, being a seal being ganged up on by orca is much worse). Being able to enjoy myself by myself saves me the bother of relying on other people who usually do my head in anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LGBTvoice)
    Right, this is hard to explain but no one understands how I feel. My friends either don't understand or don't listen or quite simply, don't care.

I am 17 and feel like my life is so boring and worthless. My close friends are either shacked up with boyfriends or have no money to do anything. All my other friends go to parties all the time and I scroll through snapchat and Instagram filled with sadness as I am not told about any parties and never get invited. I work all weekend every weekend and revise all day every weekday so never have time to do anything. Some of my friends go clubbing with people's ID but I don't have any ID I can borrow and I'm not 18 until March next year. I just feel I live a very boring life. When I was 15, there was always a party to go to and life was great. Right now, life is **** because I study all the time and never get invited to parties. I can't host parties because my mum doesn't want one at her house, and my dad won't let me at his. I even sit alone sometimes in my bedroom drinking vodka to try and feel part of other people's fun but inside I am alone living a pointless life.

I just want to grow up or have fun but I don't feel I am having fun the way I am living 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey George, maybe you just feel like this because of your paranoia? Don't feel like that man. Hopefully you get in to university and life becomes super cool for you from here on in. Good luck
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by pmc:producer)
    Hey George, maybe you just feel like this because of your paranoia? Don't feel like that man. Hopefully you get in to university and life becomes super cool for you from here on in. Good luck
    Wow thank you for the advice <3 It's funny, I'm sure you wanted to stop interaction. Nvm, fank you )))

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.