Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the level of risk / how it can be managed / who the friend is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PikahBoo)
    Risk your life to save a friend?
    No, only to a certain extent, but I'd never put my own life on line for someone who I am not even sure will do the same for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    Depends on the level of risk / how it can be managed / who the friend is
    Wow I'm impressed that you are both an "Adored and Respected Member" and a member with 4 red bars :yep:

Ugh I need to go to sleep soon :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarsDestination)
    Wow I'm impressed that you are both an "Adored and Respected Member" and a member with 4 red bars :yep:

Ugh I need to go to sleep soon :yawn:
    I am one of the oldest members of TSR and indeed I am a respected member of the community, but I do not have time to contribute much these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    I am one of the oldest members of TSR and indeed I am a respected member of the community, but I do not have time to contribute much these days.
    Respect for sticking around so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d1ck)
    I am, I spend alot of the time with them but not as close as I would be with a significant other. Nothing is like that bond I'd imagine. There are things you'd tell a significant other that you wouldn't tell a sibling but I fail to see that vice versa.

Even with siblings there's distance, you don't spend the rest of your life with siblings do you - you all separate and go and build lives with someone else. Your significant other is literally the most intimate shareholder in your whole life. Imo you should have the trust of a sibling with them plus more.

You share with them what you share with none else tbh. Idk about you, depends what a husband means to you lol. Boyf is a different thing.
    What about your husband vs your kids?

ReputationRep:
    If they were a hottie.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not because the people I call friends I don't have a huge emotional attachment too.

Family, I probably would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    You definitely do! Don't talk like that you are a worthwhile human being, I'm sorry you're feeling like this by if it's upsetting you, please speak to someone
    My friend who I would die for know about it. I have spoken to them. They made me feel better.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on for what my friend be in risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    What about your husband vs your kids?
    logically I would think husband since you can just pop out another kid, and currently I find kids very annoying.

However, thinking about it in terms of the future I'd assume I'd have a fair emotional attachment to my offspring that is unlike the one for my husband since I have literally created them inside me...and I'd feel a certain responsibility and protective care over them. I'd assume my husband could just save himself.

This is a really hard question. Like really hard.

If the kids were under a certain age, I'd say kids.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I like to think I would.

ReputationRep:
    In order (of hypothetical)
    Wife
    Friends
    Family

Reason? I am closer to friends than family, and would be closer to a lover than both (I presume, have been in past).

ReputationRep:
    of course i would, ad take a bullet for em.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd welcome death with open arms. Saving the friend is a bonus

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't.

save your husband or sibling?
    Husband definitely

I definitely would.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, no. Most of my friends come and go lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d1ck)
    logically I would think husband since you can just pop out another kid, and currently I find kids very annoying.

However, thinking about it in terms of the future I'd assume I'd have a fair emotional attachment to my offspring that is unlike the one for my husband since I have literally created them inside me...and I'd feel a certain responsibility and protective care over them. I'd assume my husband could just save himself.

This is a really hard question. Like really hard.

If the kids were under a certain age, I'd say kids.
    Im saving my kids over husband also. kids love is unconditional and doesn't die whereas with your husband the passion dies out eventually and loves shifts from inlove to having love for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.