The Student Room Group

what kind of home do you live in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Living at home with my mom and siblings atm:
4 beds, 2.5 bathrooms, large computer/electronics/library room, kitchen with a dining table, large living room, dining room, detached garage, garden + terrace, fully detached, in a suburb with upwardly mobile families, next to the north sea, 20-40 mins to get to town.

It's alright, but there are barely any people my age here.. Sucks because I'm self-studying as well, so my time is mostly spent at home aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh yeah I was self studying last year and it gets annoying doing the same thing every day! I was so ready to start studying something new this year. However year is almost over now I guess, hang in there and go for the final push :smile:
Reply 22
Terraced 4 bedroom house, with 1 bathroom, 1 shower-room, 1 toilet, living room, large kitchen/dining room, and a jungle of garden which is on a giant hill :frown:
Reply 23
Just your normal 3 bed suburban detached house in Preston (yeah I don't live in the best city😐)
Original post by neal95
Ahhh yeah I was self studying last year and it gets annoying doing the same thing every day! I was so ready to start studying something new this year. However year is almost over now I guess, hang in there and go for the final push :smile:

Aha, thanks! It's a bit of a drag detaching yourself from society for a year, but I guess it's worth it in the end. How did you find self-studying? And where did you end up because of it?
Original post by Princepieman
Aha, thanks! It's a bit of a drag detaching yourself from society for a year, but I guess it's worth it in the end. How did you find self-studying? And where did you end up because of it?

Yeah I know what you mean, I would sit in front of the Tv flicking through music channels a lot :/ plus it felt weird at first knowing my friends would be a year ahead of me however some of them did another year at college. I sort of enjoyed it in a weird way, like the actual studying, not so much the isolation and feeling left behind. It definitely aided me in my first year at uni as law requires lots of independent reading and having the ability to manage your own time is a godsend especially when you have all of those free uni periods! Just being able to get down to studying and not procrastinating too much is great (some friend of mine at uni haven't grasped this yet!!)

Although I didn't improve that much grade wise (BCC-BBB), I managed to get into University of Sheffield for law, and am doing okay so far I guess as I managed to get 2:1 in all my modules so far though can definitely improve. I wouldn't change doing the year at home as it taught me a lot study wise and about sorting out your own stuff like ucas and getting references at the start of the year
When I lived with my mum, we stayed in a two bedroom end terrace house in quite a nice and quiet area of my hometown. For that last 5 years, me and my partner have been living in an one bedroom flat in a rough part of our hometown. There's 14 flats in our block.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest