The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Scholarship at University Of Westminster

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="olyak;64675851"]Hey guys :smile:
I got an unconditional offer from Westminster to study IR and I want to accept it, but I won't be able to afford going if I don't get a scholarship.
So what should I do? Wait for the reply from the Scholarship team and hope I hear back from them before the deadline to accept the offers (8th June) or accept the offer now regardless and then if I am not lucky with the scholarship just withdraw my application?
Westminster is really my only chance to go to uni anywhere in the world, can't even go in my own country :frown: the waiting for the scholarship outcome is nerve-wracking..[/QUOTE

You can find a place privately and travel to university if halls are too expensive
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 21
[QUOTE="LivvyLee4;64676023"]
Original post by olyak
Hey guys :smile:
I got an unconditional offer from Westminster to study IR and I want to accept it, but I won't be able to afford going if I don't get a scholarship.
So what should I do? Wait for the reply from the Scholarship team and hope I hear back from them before the deadline to accept the offers (8th June) or accept the offer now regardless and then if I am not lucky with the scholarship just withdraw my application?
Westminster is really my only chance to go to uni anywhere in the world, can't even go in my own country :frown: the waiting for the scholarship outcome is nerve-wracking..[/QUOTE

You can find a place privately and travel to university if halls are too expensive

Hey, thanks for you response :smile:
I am afraid it still won't be possible for a number of reasons. The most important one is that there is no chance I can afford tuition fees in the first place. Regarding the accommodation, my dad's salary is about £400 (which is a great salary in my home country but won't get me anywhere in the UK) and I am as a non-eu citizen only allowed to work in the UK for up to 10 hours a week which can give me about 300£ per month so I guess it still won't be quite enough to survive :frown:
I know that my situation isn't great, but it makes me so sad knowing that there are so many people out there who are struggling even more.. But the good thing is that at least there is a chance to study if you get a scholarship
[QUOTE="olyak;64676289"]
Original post by LivvyLee4

Hey, thanks for you response :smile:
I am afraid it still won't be possible for a number of reasons. The most important one is that there is no chance I can afford tuition fees in the first place. Regarding the accommodation, my dad's salary is about £400 (which is a great salary in my home country but won't get me anywhere in the UK) and I am as a non-eu citizen only allowed to work in the UK for up to 10 hours a week which can give me about 300£ per month so I guess it still won't be quite enough to survive :frown:
I know that my situation isn't great, but it makes me so sad knowing that there are so many people out there who are struggling even more.. But the good thing is that at least there is a chance to study if you get a scholarship

I really hope you get the scholarship then xx
Reply 23
[QUOTE="LivvyLee4;64679741"]
Original post by olyak

I really hope you get the scholarship then xx

thanks a lot!! I hope you get it too, good luck!!! :smile:
Original post by olyak
Westminster is really my only chance to go to uni anywhere in the world, can't even go in my own country :frown: the waiting for the scholarship outcome is nerve-wracking..

Hello

The scholarships team are currently shortlisting applications and will advise students of the outcome by the end of June. Unfortunately there is no way to speed up this process as we receive hundreds of applications which all need to be processed. The only thing you can do is accept the offer and wait. If it turns out that you are unsuccessful then you will have to withdraw your application. I realise that the waiting time is nerve-wracking for you and I really hope that you will be successful with your application.

Best of luck!

Kim
Course Enquires Office
Reply 25
Original post by University of Westminster
Hello

The scholarships team are currently shortlisting applications and will advise students of the outcome by the end of June. Unfortunately there is no way to speed up this process as we receive hundreds of applications which all need to be processed. The only thing you can do is accept the offer and wait. If it turns out that you are unsuccessful then you will have to withdraw your application. I realise that the waiting time is nerve-wracking for you and I really hope that you will be successful with your application.

Best of luck!

Kim
Course Enquires Office

Thank you so much for your response! Will accept the offer and pray for the best then! :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by olyak
Westminster is really my only chance to go to uni anywhere in the world, can't even go in my own country :frown: the waiting for the scholarship outcome is nerve-wracking..

wait before deadline. if no response just accept and withdraw
Reply 27
Original post by xaBu
wait before deadline. if no response just accept and withdraw

Hey! Thanks will do :smile:
Reply 28
Any news anyone ?
Reply 29
Hey, I am also waiting for the results and it is indeed nerve-wracking! I thought it would be helpful if I looked for other applicants, but it just makes me even more anxious.

No news yet. Anyone?
Reply 30
Original post by nanatti
Hey, I am also waiting for the results and it is indeed nerve-wracking! I thought it would be helpful if I looked for other applicants, but it just makes me even more anxious.

No news yet. Anyone?

Hey nanatti,

No news yet. Which scholarship did you apply to?
Reply 31
Original post by dekcle
Hey nanatti,

No news yet. Which scholarship did you apply to?

@deckle I have applied for a postgraduate scholarship in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). In the scholarship brochure they say applicants will receive an answer within 6 weeks (mid June), but now I have read in some posts that they will be in touch by the end of June or beginning of July!

Have you heard from anyone already?
Reply 32
Original post by nanatti
@deckle I have applied for a postgraduate scholarship in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). In the scholarship brochure they say applicants will receive an answer within 6 weeks (mid June), but now I have read in some posts that they will be in touch by the end of June or beginning of July!

Have you heard from anyone already?

No, I haven't heard anything, but hopefully they won't take long :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by dekcle
No, I haven't heard anything, but hopefully they won't take long :smile:

What scholarship have you applied for ?
Goodluck to everyone. Yes it is a tough waiting game full of anxiety but it is worth it. Keep calm and stay positive
Reply 35
Original post by gonza nelson
Goodluck to everyone. Yes it is a tough waiting game full of anxiety but it is worth it. Keep calm and stay positive

Thank you and best of luck to you too! I take it you haven't heard from the Scholarship Team either? I saw somewhere that everyone who applied for a scholarship in April should have heard back from them by 27th May...
Original post by olyak
Thank you and best of luck to you too! I take it you haven't heard from the Scholarship Team either? I saw somewhere that everyone who applied for a scholarship in April should have heard back from them by 27th May...

I did see the post too but am not sure what it meant, but best thing to do is to keep waiting. We should be hearing back soon though I read somewhere some have heard back already
Reply 37
I didn't get any scholarship :frown: I'm little disappointed, but my plans changed and I won't go to university this year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Miceely
I didn't get any scholarship :frown: I'm little disappointed, but my plans changed and I won't go to university this year.

Why you not going to go this year
Original post by Miceely

Sorry about that,goodluck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending