Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ideal weight for girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Genghis Khan)
    Since i've seen an ideal height for boys thread, whats the ideal weight for girls?

Nothing over 55kg/ 121lbs/ 8 stone ish
    By the WHO's guidelines anyone of this weight over 5'7" is underweight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    By the WHO's guidelines anyone of this weight over 5'7" is underweight.
    tall girls are rank anyways, the should be playing centre back rather than getting my ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Are you a guy?
    yes
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    but woman say there is an ideal height, i'm merely promoting the notion of an ideal weight.

Weight can change, height cant.
    But it makes no sense if you fail to take into account height. One persons underweight is another persons fat.

ReputationRep:
    For average height of woman
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    But it makes no sense if you fail to take into account height. One persons underweight is another persons fat.

Ideal weight is when the girl is good in her body
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Ideal weight is when the girl is good in her body
    I agree and if shes happy (genuinely happy) then thats fine. If she happened to be obese then that would cause an issue on the health side. people shouldnt be paranoid about their weight, but I think they should be responsible about their weight.

Btw BMI for healthy for woman 5'4" is in the range 110-140lbs.

ReputationRep:
    *Observes thread while eating chips*

ReputationRep:
    I agree and if shes happy (genuinely happy) then thats fine. If she happened to be obese then that would cause an issue on the health side. people shouldnt be paranoid about their weight, but I think they should be responsible about their weight.
    plus cost to NHS

Of course when girls are obese for ex, they're usuall not happy. But I mean that giving exact numbers etc does not make sense ! Because we're all different, and a lot of girls have different heights and weights etc and are really beautiful as well :3
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    plus cost to NHS
    Never realised you cared.

ReputationRep:
    Never realised you cared.
    i do indeed
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Of course when girls are obese for ex, they're usuall not happy. But I mean that giving exact numbers etc does not make sense ! Because we're all different, and a lot of girls have different heights and weights etc and are really beautiful as well :3
    Not my thread.
    Hes finally realsed height matters. BMI are a range.

Not my thread.
    Hes finally realsed height matters. BMI are a range.
    Lol I was not judging anyone , I was just answering you :P

Mmh yeah, I think BMI are more a health question but yeah it has something to do with appearance :yep:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Lol I was not judging anyone , I was just answering you :P

Mmh yeah, I think BMI are more a health question but yeah it has something to do with appearance :yep:
    Id gte just as worried about underwieght girls who cant see that ribs are not a good look.

ReputationRep:
    tall girls are rank anyways, the should be playing centre back rather than getting my ****
    As if

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    As if
    huh?

Id gte just as worried about underwieght girls who cant see that ribs are not a good look.
    I'm sorry I don't understand the bold part :/ I understand your sentence tho (but tell me anyway what's in bold it'll help me improve :yep: )
    I know right ! It's pretty scary actually .. :O

but woman say there is an ideal height, i'm merely promoting the notion of an ideal weight.

Weight can change, height cant.
    Exactly. Weight can change... And that's what leads to eating disorders. And death.

I can guarantee you no man is going to read a post in the ideal height thread, go away and chop off a leg to make himself shorter. A girl reading this thread however, might go away and lose a third of her body weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Exactly. Weight can change... And that's what leads to eating disorders. And death.
    not really...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.